Windows 10: Windows 10 / Server 2019 winquic.sys BSOD

Discus and support Windows 10 / Server 2019 winquic.sys BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys, Posting an answer more so than a question, was following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nathan_Caldwell, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Windows 10 / Server 2019 winquic.sys BSOD

Hey guys,

Posting an answer more so than a question, was following "https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-0x7e-after-updating-windows-server-2019/137fa419-3dbf-4802-ba32-28a491dd9caa" and after months of working and looking for a solution we ended up finding a cause.

It turns out during the 1809 release of windows 10 Google's Quic protocol was introduced and so began the winquic.sys BSOD issue. What we found in our case was a legacy Group Policy used for Vista / Win7 to prevent a login deadlock info about that here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-au...ng-windows-vista-or-windows-server-2008-stops

In essence, the old MS fix was to set a GP that changed the HTTP service to have a dependency on CryptSvc to avoid the login deadlock. The problem here is that when 1809 was released the HTTP service was changed to have a dependency on the Winquic service and our old "fix" became the cause of the BSOD. Deleted the GPO and the problem disappeared.

Hope that helps some people out there having this issue as we couldn't find any solution related to this anywhere.

TLDR:- Delete any GPO changing the HTTP dependency.

-Nate

:)

Nathan_Caldwell, Jun 2, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Chino Win User
    Microsoft Office 2019 Will Run on Windows 10, and Only Windows 10

As reported yesterday, Microsoft changed the way how they license Windows 10 to their OEM partners. But buckle in folks, the changes just keep on coming. In what looks like an effort to push Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 owners to upgrade, Microsoft has officially announced that Office 2019 will only work on machines with Windows 10 and the next LTSC release of Windows Server. That's only the tip of the iceberg though. Unlike previous version of Office that came with 10 years of support, Office 2019's support lifecycle is shortened to five years of mainstream support and two years of extended support. Additionally, the client applications are only available with a Click-to-Run installer. However, Microsoft will continue to provide a MSI installer for the server applications.

Windows 10 / Server 2019 winquic.sys BSOD XkowHsyWUwEavPZz_thm.jpg

Chino, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Windows 10 / Server 2019 winquic.sys BSOD

BSOD 0x7E after updating Windows Server 2019 version 1809 at winquic.sys

I have a Windows Server 2016 DC with desktop installed in a VHD.

I want to upgrade it to Windows Server 2019 latest version.

I booted my system using Hyper-V, mounted a Windows Server 2019 version 1809 build 17763 iso image, and run setup.exe to upgrade.

a) If I check [download updates while installing Windows], I will get this BSOD once rebooting to system.

b) If I don't check [download updates while installing Windows], the upgrade will succeed. After rebooting to system, in [Settings - Update & Security - Windows Update] there are 4 updates:

- 2019-10 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.7.2 and 4.8 for Windows Server 2019 for x64 (KB4524099)

- 2019-10 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2019 (1809) for x64-based systems (KB4519338)

- 2019-09 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows Server 2019 for x64-based System (KB4516115)

- Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows Server 2019 (1809) for x64-based Systems (KB4462930)

If I installed the updates and reboot, I'll get the same BSOD.

I can't boot in to system unless using safe mode. Even in safe mode I can't find a workaround to recover my system. Then I'll recover the entire system VHD.

According to previous attempts I guess it is related to something in Windows Server 2019 version 1809 updates.

I searched in the Internet and found that winquic.sys may related to Google's QUIC Internet Protocal. I installed Chrome in my system and I believe these is no other Google product here.

I have Filddler and Postman installed. Not sure if it matters.

I'm sorry that I didn't save the dump files because I recovered my system after the BSOD. But if you need it, I can reproduce this BSOD 100% in my system. Also I can share my entire VHD if there is no security concern.

You can reach me by both e-mail and Teams.

Thank you,

Weicheng

Weicheng Gao, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 / Server 2019 winquic.sys BSOD

1. Windows 10 / Server 2019 winquic.sys BSOD - Similar Threads - Server 2019 winquic

2. Windows server 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows server 2019: I have a Key to activate Windows Server 2019. Currently on the PC I have Windows Server 2019 Evaluation with GUI installed. When I try to activate it through the activation tab I get the error code 0x80070032 returned. I can provide more information if needed, i am also...
  3. Windows server 2019

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows server 2019: I have a Key to activate Windows Server 2019. Currently on the PC I have Windows Server 2019 Evaluation with GUI installed. When I try to activate it through the activation tab I get the error code 0x80070032 returned. I can provide more information if needed, i am also...
  4. Server 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Server 2019: OK, here goes. I Have never posted a question to this, or any, forum regarding windows before, but I'm stumped. I'll try and be as clear as possible. The scenario: A newly installed windows Server 2019 standard running a Client/Server software called Dentrix. The server...
  5. Windows 10 BSOD - lvrs64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BSOD - lvrs64.sys: Hi there, I was just playing Doom: Eternal and the system froze before displaying the SYSTEM_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD with lvrs64.sys being what failed. If there is any assistance on this matter I would be very grateful?...
  6. Windows Server 2019 BSOD - identifying an offending driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Server 2019 BSOD - identifying an offending driver: Hello, I know Windows 10 and 2019 are fairly similar, so I'm hoping it's okay to post this question here. I recently had a server BSOD on me, and was trying to determine which vendor's driver was at fault. From WinDbg, I have the following two lines:...
  7. Windows 10 BSOD - lvrs64.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 BSOD - lvrs64.sys: Hello. In the past few days I've been experiencing a BSOD regarding the lvrs64.sys driver of Logitech error code: SYSTEM_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I have downloaded the latest driver related software from logitech which is probably the Logitech Camera Settings; but, is this...
  8. Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Server 2019: Hello, I have a question to the new Windows Server 2019. Is it possible to divide a windows host server for performance sharing? With multiple users working on it at the same time. As an example, that multiple users can play simultaneously on this server? Thus, only the...
  9. Fix wdf01000.sys BSOD on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix wdf01000.sys BSOD on Windows 10: [ATTACH] Wdf01000.sys is a file associated with Windows Driver Framework which in turn handles the system drivers. Corruption of this file/process means that the drivers would start giving trouble eventually leading to a Blue Screen of Death error. The error descriptions...
  10. Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Server 2019: My family is using Windows 2016 Essentials. What is our upgrade path to Windows 2019 Server? Our server has 2 cores. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-server-2019/e0e655e0-af27-4955-86f2-32f015eb0fff

Users found this page by searching for:

1. winquic.sys bluescreen