Windows 10: Windows 10 Service Release 1 Inbound for Next Week

Discus and support Windows 10 Service Release 1 Inbound for Next Week in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows Photo Viewer works perfectly fine if you upgrade from W7 or W8.1 to W10, or if you upgraded from a beta build of W10 to the release build. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by swarfega, Aug 6, 2015.

1. sygnus21 Win User

Windows 10 Service Release 1 Inbound for Next Week

OK, I seemed to have missed that part of your thread.

Anyway that's rather odd that it only affects a clean install. That makes it seem as though Windows Photo Viewer isn't installed being you can't select it as a default viewer. I assume it is installed with the OS on a clean install though? Very odd.

sygnus21, Aug 6, 2015
  2. sygnus21 Win User

It should only download and install what's needed. If KB3081424 is installed it shouldn't download it again, unless it needs to do so for other reasons - perhaps something got overwritten by another update or file. Chance are that won't be the case though.

sygnus21, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Photo Viewer works for me? Clean install of 10 Enterprise. What's the bug?

alphanumeric, Aug 6, 2015
  4. bobjoe Win User

I'm sorry, but I highly doubt that. I've tested this in multiple machines and VMs and all produce the same result. Are you sure you didn't just upgrade from an earlier beta build?

The thing is, it IS installed. The only problem is that to activate it, you have to go through a pretty nasty registry tweak.

bobjoe, Aug 6, 2015
  5. sygnus21 Win User
    Read his thread here: Windows Photo Viewer bug. I'm thoroughly confused now being some say it works even on a clean install.

sygnus21, Aug 6, 2015
  6. bobjoe Win User
    Try using W10 Home or Pro

bobjoe, Aug 6, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    Interesting but I don't have that issue. I did an upgrade and it works.. odd.

BunnyJ, Aug 6, 2015
  8. bobjoe Win User

Because you did an upgrade, Bunny. We discussed this in my thread.

bobjoe, Aug 6, 2015
  9. It's there, set as default, and works for me. This is 10 Enterprise though. I just powered up my other PC that I did a clean install of 10 Pro on. Once it boots up I'll remote desktop in and have a look see.

10. Seems like clean installs produced far more problems than simply upgrading. I upgraded and have had no issues.

BrownianMotion, Aug 6, 2015
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    Yes,,, but others have said they can use it when they did a clean install. still..very odd.

BunnyJ, Aug 6, 2015
  12. bobjoe Win User
    It works in W10 Enterprise probably because Microsoft knows businesses don't want to mess with these silly "apps"... *Smile

bobjoe, Aug 6, 2015
  13. bobjoe Win User

Right, but he's using W10 Enterprise, not Home or Pro.

bobjoe, Aug 6, 2015
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    Ok..

BunnyJ, Aug 6, 2015
  15. Works as advertised on my other 10 Pro install. And yes that was a clean install. Install was done with Media created via the Media Creation Tool.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 Service Release 1 Inbound for Next Week - Similar Threads - Service Release Inbound

2. Exact timing of the Windows 10 preview releases next week please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exact timing of the Windows 10 preview releases next week please: I need to find out ASAP when exactly the April Preview updates will come out for the general population, right down to the time of day.Microsoft WILL NOT SAYWe were told that they would be in the fourth week of the month, then someone said the fourth Tuesday, but not the...
  3. Exact timing of the Windows 10 preview releases next week please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exact timing of the Windows 10 preview releases next week please: I need to find out ASAP when exactly the April Preview updates will come out for the general population, right down to the time of day.Microsoft WILL NOT SAYWe were told that they would be in the fourth week of the month, then someone said the fourth Tuesday, but not the...
  4. Exact timing of the Windows 10 preview releases next week please

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Some ideas for the next release of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some ideas for the next release of Windows: My brother told me to say I'm 13 years old because he said my reply was good, he said.1. Transparency in window title bars similar to Windows 7, of course not aero.2. Ability to transfer files and settings and users from Windows 10 or Windows 11.1. Also, an app for Windows 7...
  6. The next Windows 10 Long Term Servicing Channel (LTSC) release

in Windows 10 News
    The next Windows 10 Long Term Servicing Channel (LTSC) release: Windows 10 introduced Windows as a service, a method of continually providing new features and capabilities through regular feature updates. Semi-Annual Channel versions of Windows, such as version 1909, version 2004, and version 20H2, are released twice per year. In...
  7. Next Week on Xbox: New Games for February 26 to March 1

in Windows 10 News
    Next Week on Xbox: New Games for February 26 to March 1: Welcome to Next Week on Xbox, where we cover all the new games coming soon to Xbox One! Every week the team at Xbox aims to deliver quality gaming content for you to enjoy on your favorite gaming console. To find out what’s coming soon to Xbox One, read on below and click on...
  8. Next Week on Xbox: New Games for January 29 to February 1

in Windows 10 News
    Next Week on Xbox: New Games for January 29 to February 1: Welcome to Next Week on Xbox, where we cover all the new games coming soon to Xbox One! Every week the team at Xbox aims to deliver quality gaming content for you to enjoy on your favorite gaming console. To find out what’s coming soon to Xbox One, read on below and click on...
  9. Windows 10 Mobile ROM for Xiaomi MI 4 to be released next week?

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mobile ROM for Xiaomi MI 4 to be released next week?: You might recall that last April, we showed you video of the Xiaomi Mi 4 running Windows 10 Mobile. This came after word had leaked about Microsoft's plan to offer Windows 10 Mobile ROMs for some Android models as another customization option. The software giant figured that...
  10. It will be next week for next Windows 10 PC Fast ring build

in Windows 10 News
    It will be next week for next Windows 10 PC Fast ring build: Tweet by Gabriel Aul. We hit a problem with our PC build candidate for this week, so looks likely at this point it will be next week for next Fast ring PC build. Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date