Windows 10: Windows 10 Service Release 1 Inbound for Next Week

Discus and support Windows 10 Service Release 1 Inbound for Next Week in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I've pointed it out in the past in other threads and was told it didn't work? It didn't stop the driver they wanted stopped. It might have been because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by swarfega, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Service Release 1 Inbound for Next Week

I've pointed it out in the past in other threads and was told it didn't work? It didn't stop the driver they wanted stopped. It might have been because it had already been downloaded and in the driver store. Don't know? I thought it worked for me in the past, in Windows 8.1 anyway.

alphanumeric, Aug 8, 2015

2. I was previously getting a ton of unwanted driver updates in Windows Update for my GPU. I selected "never install driver software from Windows Update" and I have not received any graphics driver updates from Windows since. So it definitely works (at least for me.)

BrownianMotion, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Carol5xy Win User
    I had no problem with my download of Windows 10-all transferred well and it is doing great. I just did not activate Cortana as I do not want a personal assistant. Can we take her program out? (Going into the programs area and deleting her program)-or is it safer for the computer just keep it at not activating Cortana?

Carol5xy, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Service Release 1 Inbound for Next Week

- I was a bit confused by this auto-update, as well..
    - AMD had released a newer driver than the Win10 auto-updated version, and I wanted the newer one..

- I switched off the auto-update feature in Win10 via the settings page, and downloaded the driver from AMD
    - after scrubbing all traces of the previous driver I installed the new one (in safe mode, with internet disconnected)
    - left auto-update off for a day, just to make sure that the new driver was functioning ok, then I switched the auto-update back on

- I received the SR1 download automatically on the insider fast-track, and that loaded fine..
    - there was also an update available for the AMD Hi-Def Audio, but I opted not to download it

- didn't get the auto-rollback thing that pestered some of the Tech Previews, when updating GFX drivers..
    - I guess MS must've solved the previous Win10 problem with the SR1 update.. (?)

BugMeister, Aug 8, 2015
  5. sygnus21 Win User
    We'll find out. I'm not participating in the insiders program on my desktop as it's my main system, thus I don't have the SR1 update yet.

Anyway we'll see what happens when SR1 is publically released next week.

Thanks.

sygnus21, Aug 8, 2015
  6. RonCFL Win User
    I hope it works out good with this svc update ..I will reinstall w10 again ...

RonCFL, Aug 8, 2015
  7. edmscan Win User
    No problems .. fixed my one Windows 10 issue.

edmscan, Aug 8, 2015
  8. XweAponX Win User

Windows 10 Service Release 1 Inbound for Next Week

It's been officially out for just a week and already they have a Service Pack?! Hopefully this is a good thing!

XweAponX, Aug 8, 2015
  9. bobjoe Win User
    Doesn't work for me:

Windows 10 Service Release 1 Inbound for Next Week [​IMG]

bobjoe, Aug 8, 2015
  10. CountMike New Member
    You don't get this ?

Windows 10 Service Release 1 Inbound for Next Week [​IMG]

CountMike, Aug 8, 2015
  11. sygnus21 Win User
    Its the same screen. What am I missing???

sygnus21, Aug 8, 2015
  12. CountMike New Member
    I mean, does it stay like that after reboot, prior to 10240 it wouldn't stay and changed to auto after reboot, but now it stays and works. Small drawback, for any new HW it does not fetch drivers automatically.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Service Release 1 Inbound for Next Week

1. Windows 10 Service Release 1 Inbound for Next Week - Similar Threads - Service Release Inbound

2. Exact timing of the Windows 10 preview releases next week please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exact timing of the Windows 10 preview releases next week please: I need to find out ASAP when exactly the April Preview updates will come out for the general population, right down to the time of day.Microsoft WILL NOT SAYWe were told that they would be in the fourth week of the month, then someone said the fourth Tuesday, but not the...
  3. Exact timing of the Windows 10 preview releases next week please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exact timing of the Windows 10 preview releases next week please: I need to find out ASAP when exactly the April Preview updates will come out for the general population, right down to the time of day.Microsoft WILL NOT SAYWe were told that they would be in the fourth week of the month, then someone said the fourth Tuesday, but not the...
  4. Exact timing of the Windows 10 preview releases next week please

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Some ideas for the next release of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some ideas for the next release of Windows: My brother told me to say I'm 13 years old because he said my reply was good, he said.1. Transparency in window title bars similar to Windows 7, of course not aero.2. Ability to transfer files and settings and users from Windows 10 or Windows 11.1. Also, an app for Windows 7...
  6. The next Windows 10 Long Term Servicing Channel (LTSC) release

in Windows 10 News
    The next Windows 10 Long Term Servicing Channel (LTSC) release: Windows 10 introduced Windows as a service, a method of continually providing new features and capabilities through regular feature updates. Semi-Annual Channel versions of Windows, such as version 1909, version 2004, and version 20H2, are released twice per year. In...
  7. Next Week on Xbox: New Games for February 26 to March 1

in Windows 10 News
    Next Week on Xbox: New Games for February 26 to March 1: Welcome to Next Week on Xbox, where we cover all the new games coming soon to Xbox One! Every week the team at Xbox aims to deliver quality gaming content for you to enjoy on your favorite gaming console. To find out what’s coming soon to Xbox One, read on below and click on...
  8. Next Week on Xbox: New Games for January 29 to February 1

in Windows 10 News
    Next Week on Xbox: New Games for January 29 to February 1: Welcome to Next Week on Xbox, where we cover all the new games coming soon to Xbox One! Every week the team at Xbox aims to deliver quality gaming content for you to enjoy on your favorite gaming console. To find out what’s coming soon to Xbox One, read on below and click on...
  9. Windows 10 Mobile ROM for Xiaomi MI 4 to be released next week?

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mobile ROM for Xiaomi MI 4 to be released next week?: You might recall that last April, we showed you video of the Xiaomi Mi 4 running Windows 10 Mobile. This came after word had leaked about Microsoft's plan to offer Windows 10 Mobile ROMs for some Android models as another customization option. The software giant figured that...
  10. It will be next week for next Windows 10 PC Fast ring build

in Windows 10 News
    It will be next week for next Windows 10 PC Fast ring build: Tweet by Gabriel Aul. We hit a problem with our PC build candidate for this week, so looks likely at this point it will be next week for next Fast ring PC build. Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date