Windows 10: Windows 10 services greyed out

Discus and support Windows 10 services greyed out in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I currently own a laptop with Windows 10 Home Edition OS. I have always manually disabled Windows Updates through services.msc(disabling it through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IvanHenris, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Windows 10 services greyed out

Hi, I currently own a laptop with Windows 10 Home Edition OS. I have always manually disabled Windows Updates through services.msc(disabling it through other means does not seem to work, it still updates), somehow it keeps turning itself back on every reboot, I don't want my laptop to download any updates because Internet Data can really be expensive(and really slow) in my country and I want to use the internet that I paid for myself and not for updates. Recently, I cant disable Windows Updates through services.msc, when I go to properties Startup type and service status is greyed out and I cant change anything. I have already tried so many solutions from google searches but none of them worked for me. My only remaining option if I still don't get this fixed is to reset my laptop then downgrade to Windows 8 or 7 because I really don't want updates to eat up the internet I pay for. Is there any other solution to fix the greyed out options in services.msc so I can continue turning it off as always?

:)

IvanHenris, Apr 7, 2019

2. Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 7, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 7, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 services greyed out

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 services greyed out

1. Windows 10 services greyed out - Similar Threads - services greyed

2. Windows 10 - windows security service not running and real time protection off and greyed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - windows security service not running and real time protection off and greyed...: Hello,I fell foul of a program that was actually a package of viruses. I've since run eset nod32 online scanner which found over 40 threats, mainly trojans, and it's deleted them. But my PC has problems now.Windows Security service isn't running and the options to start,...
  3. Windows 10 - windows security service not running and real time protection off and greyed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - windows security service not running and real time protection off and greyed...: Hello,I fell foul of a program that was actually a package of viruses. I've since run eset nod32 online scanner which found over 40 threats, mainly trojans, and it's deleted them. But my PC has problems now.Windows Security service isn't running and the options to start,...
  4. Windows 10 - windows security service not running and real time protection off and greyed...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. "Log on as" option greyed out in software protection in services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Log on as" option greyed out in software protection in services: I've been having trouble with software protection not launching and as a result windows 11 has been deactivated on my device. When attempting to launch software protection I get the message "Windows could not start the Software Protection service on Local Computer. Error...
  6. "Log on as" option greyed out in software protection in services

"Log on as" option greyed out in software protection in services: I've been having trouble with software protection not launching and as a result windows 11 has been deactivated on my device. When attempting to launch software protection I get the message "Windows could not start the Software Protection service on Local Computer. Error...
  7. When entering password I get the following on a grey screen “The user profile service...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When entering password I get the following on a grey screen “The user profile service...: When I enter my password the following appears on a grey screen The user profile service failed the sign onUser profile cannot be loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-entering-password-i-get-the-following-on-a/4d59353b-85b6-4cee-acc5-003862a28b5f
  8. When entering password I get the following on a grey screen “The user profile service...

When entering password I get the following on a grey screen “The user profile service...: When I enter my password the following appears on a grey screen The user profile service failed the sign onUser profile cannot be loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-entering-password-i-get-the-following-on-a/4d59353b-85b6-4cee-acc5-003862a28b5f
  9. How can we set the Windows Security Service to Automatic startup when this option is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can we set the Windows Security Service to Automatic startup when this option is greyed out: In the above screenshot this service is set to manual automatically and I want to change it to Automatic startup but it is greyed out. Due to this my Windows Security is taking so long to open , according to me. Please help...
  10. How can we set the Windows Security Service to Automatic startup when this option is greyed out

How can we set the Windows Security Service to Automatic startup when this option is greyed out: In the above screenshot this service is set to manual automatically and I want to change it to Automatic startup but it is greyed out. Due to this my Windows Security is taking so long to open , according to me. Please help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 services.msc restart greyed out

2. windows services greyed out