Windows 10: Windows 10 Services most of entry has "Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 2"

Discus and support Windows 10 Services most of entry has "Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 2" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro 64 bit No pending update Services shows most of the entries have this error. This is the case on both PC. One is laptop purchased... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by redhonker, Apr 25, 2020.

1. redhonker Win User

Windows 10 Services most of entry has "Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 2"

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

No pending update

Services shows most of the entries have this error. This is the case on both PC. One is laptop purchased only 3 months ago.

I've searched and there are not a lot of recent results.

How could I fix it?

Thanks

:)

redhonker, Apr 25, 2020
  2. Almaretto Win User

TokenBroker - <Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 15100 >

Are we supposed to try each step, starting with 1, until service no longer has "<Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 15100 >" in description?

I tried Step 1. After part 6, I got the following popup message:

--------------------

RegSvr32

(X) The module "Tokenbroker.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DllUnregisterServer was not found.

Make sure that "Tokenbroker.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again.

--------------------

Microsoft Windows Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.322).

Almaretto, Apr 25, 2020
  3. M Leary Win User
    BthHSrv failed to read description error code 15100

Also for a service (you cannot change) called

CDPUserSvc_ccc0a

<Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 15100 >

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k UnistackSvcGroup

And yes...

BthHFSrv

<Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 15100 >

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation

I am having PUP in chrome and trying to see if its part of the problems.

M Leary, Apr 25, 2020
  4. JGR
    JGR Win User

Windows 10 Services most of entry has "Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 2"

BthHSrv failed to read description error code 15100

Anybody seen this one ? BthHSrv failed to read description error code 15100 Windows 10 Pro Version 1610 OS Build 14901.1000

Thema:

1. Windows 10 Services most of entry has "Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 2" - Similar Threads - Services entry has

2. failed to read description. error code 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    failed to read description. error code 2: Yo, im trying to install a gstr offline utility in my laptop, the app is not operating in this system and it is showing failed to read description in the Services option in windows.i'm ready to share my screen and follow the instructions. kindly resolve my issue....
  3. failed to read description. error code 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    failed to read description. error code 2: Yo, im trying to install a gstr offline utility in my laptop, the app is not operating in this system and it is showing failed to read description in the Services option in windows.i'm ready to share my screen and follow the instructions. kindly resolve my issue....
  4. Failed to Read Description. Error code: 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to Read Description. Error code: 2: i open the services.msc and BFE <Failed to Read Description. Error code: 2 >. Is there any problem here? Please tell me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-read-description-error-code-2/93d5a71d-e8b5-4bca-b1fb-14d9eaf717c3
  5. Failed to Read Description. Error code: 2

Failed to Read Description. Error code: 2: i open the services.msc and BFE <Failed to Read Description. Error code: 2 >. Is there any problem here? Please tell me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-read-description-error-code-2/93d5a71d-e8b5-4bca-b1fb-14d9eaf717c3
  6. WaasMedicSvc description reads " failed to read description" error 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WaasMedicSvc description reads " failed to read description" error 2: If I look in registry I see key 'description' with entry "@WaaSMedicSvcImpl.dll,-102"If I just change this to any text, the description is correct in services.msc.But what is it actually pulling from this waasmedicsvcimpl.dll,-102? Is it an offset with the description?...
  7. WaasMedicSvc description reads " failed to read description" error 2

WaasMedicSvc description reads " failed to read description" error 2: If I look in registry I see key 'description' with entry "@WaaSMedicSvcImpl.dll,-102"If I just change this to any text, the description is correct in services.msc.But what is it actually pulling from this waasmedicsvcimpl.dll,-102? Is it an offset with the description?...
  8. Windows 10 Services most of entry has "Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 2"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Services most of entry has "Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 2": //sorry if my english bad//1, i was install new windows 10 but windows update like this:after that, i see most of sercives include windows update like that:who can help me,tks....
  9. Windows 10 Services most of entry has "Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 2"

Windows 10 Services most of entry has "Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 2": //sorry if my english bad//1, i was install new windows 10 but windows update like this:after that, i see most of sercives include windows update like that:who can help me,tks....
  10. Windows 10 Services most of entry has "Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 2"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade

Users found this page by searching for:

1. services failed to read description