Windows 10: Windows 10 servicing options for updates and upgrades

Discus and support Windows 10 servicing options for updates and upgrades in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 servicing options for updates and upgrades [img] This article describes the new servicing options available in Windows 10, and how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Windows 10 servicing options for updates and upgrades

Windows 10 servicing options for updates and upgrades

Windows 10 servicing options for updates and upgrades [​IMG]

Read more: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../mt598226.aspx

:)

Cluster Head, Nov 26, 2015

2. Windows 10 updates and upgrades.

Okay if I can't disable it, I want to control it.

In Namibia the internet is some times extremely slow.

I want then to be notify on an update but it must not automatically downloaded.

It must only start the download when I want it to download and then install when I want it to install

Gerrit1SWA, Nov 26, 2015
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Windows 10 updates and upgrades.

Best option for some control is to run Windows Update manually when you first boot into Windows. The monthly updates are supposed

to come on the second Tuesday of the month, but it doesn't always happen that way.

Running WU at the start of a session will at least confirm your machine is up to date at that time, so you can move on with

some confidence a new update will not start loading in the background during the current session.

The Metered Connection option is the best bet as when set to metered connection Winodows updates is

supposed to only download critical security updates.

Problem is... it only works if you are using a Wi-fi connection. MS works in mysterious, aggravating ways.

windows-metered-connections-in-windows-10

Or... If you are not using a machine that came with Win10 pre installed, you may want to go back to whichever Windows you

upgraded from. At least the older versions allow you to disable automated updates, and set up to only notify you of what is available.

BossDweeb, Nov 26, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 servicing options for updates and upgrades

1. Windows 10 servicing options for updates and upgrades - Similar Threads - servicing options updates

2. missing this windows update option in service.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing this windows update option in service.: help..... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-this-windows-update-option-in-service/1f29da48-e75c-4683-a610-2deaf8ef52f7
  3. missing this windows update option in service.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    missing this windows update option in service.: help..... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-this-windows-update-option-in-service/1f29da48-e75c-4683-a610-2deaf8ef52f7
  4. Windows Update option not available in the Services Panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update option not available in the Services Panel: Windows Update option not available in the Services Panel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-option-not-available-in-the/75ec4035-c2fd-41e8-94c6-3aa6082c5995
  5. Windows 10 upgrade options

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 upgrade options: I have been using Windows 7 Pro, both at work and at home, for many years. The home machines are desktop and laptop machines. Recently one laptop was replaced by another that came with Windows 10 Home pre-installed. My wife consults from home and I knew her clients were...
  6. Windows 10 Servicing Options for Window 10 Pro update blurb

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Servicing Options for Window 10 Pro update blurb: Hello, Running Windows 10 Pro 1511 10586.545. On the 10th the system updated : Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3172729) Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool for Windows 8, 8.1, 10 and Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2 x64 Edition -...
  7. Windows 10 upgrade options

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 upgrade options: Hi! I have a question about the upcoming Windows 10 upgrade. I hope this is the correct section for this matter. So, I've got a PC running Windows 7. I have activated it with an OEM licence that I salvaged from my old (now broken) laptop. I'm aware of the fact that the...
  8. Windows 10 Upgrade Options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrade Options: Hello! I've just brought a new SSD to replace my main HDD, I currently have Windows 7 Home 64bit. I wan't to upgrade to Windows 10*Biggrin I'm just not too sure on the best option, from what I understand I have a few options, I am just unsure of how the...
  9. Windows 10 servicing options for updates and upgrades

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 servicing options for updates and upgrades: Windows 10 servicing options for updates and upgrades Applies to Windows 10 •Windows 10 Mobile •Windows 10 IoT Core (IoT Core) This article describes the new servicing options available in Windows 10 and IoT Core and how they enable enterprises to keep their...
  10. Windows 10 servicing options for updates and upgrades

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 servicing options for updates and upgrades: Windows 10 servicing options for updates and Upgrades - Last Updated: 4/6/2016 Applies to •Windows 10 •Windows 10 Mobile •Windows 10 IoT Core (IoT Core) This article describes the new servicing options available in Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile, and IoT Core and...