Windows 10: Windows 10 set default user on lockscreen

Discus and support Windows 10 set default user on lockscreen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a computer with Windows 10 professional, and I have 2 accounts on it. One is mine that I use very frequently, the other is for another user who... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Ashton B, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Ashton B Win User

Windows 10 set default user on lockscreen

I have a computer with Windows 10 professional, and I have 2 accounts on it. One is mine that I use very frequently, the other is for another user who uses the computer less frequently.

Whenever I lock my account or when the computer starts up, the lock screen always shows the log in prompt for the other user. This seems to be because the second user was created after my account - I created another test account and that one was picked as 'default' over the second user.

I was wondering, is there a way to set mine as the default account to show the login prompt for? It seems odd that it shows the login prompt for the other user when I was the last active user - I know that on Windows 7 it would show the password prompt for you only when you locked your account.

Otherwise it seems I would have to delete my account and recreate it so that it is the most recently created account - making it the 'default' on the lock screen.

:)

Ashton B, Sep 16, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 16, 2019
  3. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

In Windows 10 how do I return the font on my desktop icons to the default setting?

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to restore to default font settings in windows 10.

• Type fonts in the search and press enter

• Click on Font settings

• Click on Restore default font settings.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 set default user on lockscreen - Similar Threads - set default user

2. Lockscreen wallpaper switches to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lockscreen wallpaper switches to default: Hi, recently I've noticed that my lockscreen wallpaper switches to the default image every now and then when booting up. There's only one account on the computer and that account has a custom wallpaper as the lockscreen. When I turn on the system it'll sometimes display the...
  3. Lockscreen wallpaper switches to default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lockscreen wallpaper switches to default: Hi, recently I've noticed that my lockscreen wallpaper switches to the default image every now and then when booting up. There's only one account on the computer and that account has a custom wallpaper as the lockscreen. When I turn on the system it'll sometimes display the...
  4. Lockscreen wallpaper switches to default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. lockscreen settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    lockscreen settings: after facory resseting my windows 10 computer, it seems as if windows spotlight has stopped working. now when i go on my lockscreen i go onto the main colour of the computer purple . it shows all of the time date and everything , it even shows the info that you get with the...
  6. Changing the Default LockScreen Image

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing the Default LockScreen Image: I looked into changing the default lock screen image that's shown after a restart, not the one you might choose like Windows Spotlight. Here's the normal default: [img] Supposedly you can do that by changing a registry setting:...
  7. How to Set a Printer as the Default for All Users on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Set a Printer as the Default for All Users on Windows 10: I need to set a network printer as the default printer for all users (several thousand) on a particular workstation. Thoughts?...
  8. Set Default User for Windows Subsystem for Linux Distro in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Default User for Windows Subsystem for Linux Distro in Windows 10: How to: Set Default User for Windows Subsystem for Linux Distro in Windows 10 How to Set Default User for Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distro in Windows 10 The Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) is a new Windows 10 feature that enables you to run native Linux...
  9. Is there a default for User Permission settings?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is there a default for User Permission settings?: As a less than knowledgeable computer user I stupidly changed my User "Permission Allow" check marks. I now get a "failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access denied." Of coarse I didn't write down what was originally checked off in the "Allow" box. Would there...
  10. Set Default Start Layout for Users in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Default Start Layout for Users in Windows 10: How to: Set Default Start Layout for Users in Windows 10 How to Set Default Start Layout for Users in Windows 10 The Live Folders. If you like, you can specify a default Start layout in Windows 10 for users and prevent them from changing it. *note This policy...