Windows 10: windows 10 set pin

Discus and support windows 10 set pin in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have tried to set my pin as my log in for windows 10 start up but it keeps reverting to password can you advise please?... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JyotiDholakia, Oct 30, 2018.

1. windows 10 set pin

I have tried to set my pin as my log in for windows 10 start up but it keeps reverting to password can you advise please?

:)

JyotiDholakia, Oct 30, 2018

2. Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Oct 30, 2018
  4. windows 10 set pin

PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 set pin

1. windows 10 set pin - Similar Threads - set pin

2. How to change to low IQ security / login settings for incorrect PINs in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change to low IQ security / login settings for incorrect PINs in Windows 11?: I don't know what smooth brained, third-world, bug eater is responsible for the garbage pile of junk code that is Windows 11, but I've recently noticed a very annoying function that I want to deactivate.When the PIN is entered incorrectly multiple times the OS forces a...
  3. How to change to low IQ security / login settings for incorrect PINs in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change to low IQ security / login settings for incorrect PINs in Windows 11?: I don't know what smooth brained, third-world, bug eater is responsible for the garbage pile of junk code that is Windows 11, but I've recently noticed a very annoying function that I want to deactivate.When the PIN is entered incorrectly multiple times the OS forces a...
  4. Why can't I switch my account for my settings to change my pin on windows hello.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I switch my account for my settings to change my pin on windows hello.: I recently bought a game and when I try to sign in, it states that I need to enter my window hello pin which I don't have. I tried going to my settings to change my PIN, but it led me to my old Microsoft account that I still want. I can't figure out how to change my account...
  5. Why can't I switch my account for my settings to change my pin on windows hello.

Why can't I switch my account for my settings to change my pin on windows hello.: I recently bought a game and when I try to sign in, it states that I need to enter my window hello pin which I don't have. I tried going to my settings to change my PIN, but it led me to my old Microsoft account that I still want. I can't figure out how to change my account...
  6. boot windows 11 in safe mode now I get pin is not available “ then it “click to set up pin”...

boot windows 11 in safe mode now I get pin is not available “ then it “click to set up pin”...: I tried to boot win 11 in safe mode. Now I get “something happened and your pin is not available “. It tells me to set up my pin. I try and it is an endless loop...
  7. boot windows 11 in safe mode now I get pin is not available “ then it “click to set up pin”...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    boot windows 11 in safe mode now I get pin is not available “ then it “click to set up pin”...: I tried to boot win 11 in safe mode. Now I get “something happened and your pin is not available “. It tells me to set up my pin. I try and it is an endless loop...
  8. Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device....: Hello,I'm having this issue when trying to login to my Dell laptop. When I start my laptop, I get the message in the first image saying my PIN isn't available. When I click on "Set up my PIN", I get the grey box on my screen in the 2nd image, but it quickly disappears,...
  9. Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device....

Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device....: Hello,I'm having this issue when trying to login to my Dell laptop. When I start my laptop, I get the message in the first image saying my PIN isn't available. When I click on "Set up my PIN", I get the grey box on my screen in the 2nd image, but it quickly disappears,...
  10. how do i set up my pin if I need wifi to set it up and i need to be logged in to connect to...

how do i set up my pin if I need wifi to set it up and i need to be logged in to connect to...: Yesterday I was given the bit lock recovery prompt where I later got my 40 digit password and entered it into my computer. When I was logged back in my pin was deleted and I needed to create a new one. The problem is that it I cannot connect to the internet without being...