Windows 10: Windows 10 : Setting a time of day to DOWNLOAD UPDATES

Discus and support Windows 10 : Setting a time of day to DOWNLOAD UPDATES in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good day, I have noted that this question was asked previously in March 2017 and was eventually closed as MS Consultants got it mixed up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jjbad, Jun 15, 2020.

1. jjbad Win User

Windows 10 : Setting a time of day to DOWNLOAD UPDATES

Good day,

I have noted that this question was asked previously in March 2017 and was eventually closed as MS Consultants got it mixed up between"Update DOWNLOAD Time" and"RESTART TIME for Updates". It is no problem setting the time for the latter but Windows is DOWNLOADINGthe updates anytime without me even knowing it,

I am using a data bundle that gives equal quantities of daylight and midnight data . Midnight data can be used from 23:00 till 7:00 hrs and data is lost if not used during these hours. Being an older individual I am not always comfortable to be up and about during these hours and would therefor like my PC to check for and downloadWindows Updates automatically during these "midnight data hours".

My question is therefor: How can I set the time of day that Windows shall CHECK FOR UPDATES AND DOWNLOAD these updates? It would be nice if Windows will notify me that "Updates are available for download" and "Updates were downloaded" and "Updates will be installed between 00:00 and 6:00.

Thank you so much and I really hope that I will get the same support as I got on previous occassion from the MS team.

:)

jjbad, Jun 15, 2020

2. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Jun 15, 2020
  3. jsfitz54 Win User
    Download Windows 10 TH/RS

@Drone : No link for 17134.5?

The April 2018 Update will be available as a free download beginning Monday, April 30.
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...-of-your-time-with-the-new-windows-10-update/

According to this link and whether or not these have been Insider Preview Builds as @FordGT90Concept contends, I found this link: [Changelog] What's New in Windows 10 April 2018 Update (Version 1803) - AskVG

Windows 10 Build 10.0.17134 Changelog:​Build 17134 was the 23rd Insider Preview build of Windows 10 released after Fall Creators Update. It was released on April 16, 2018. This new build arrived via new "RS4" (RedStone4) development branch.
    • Bug fixes and general improvements

jsfitz54, Jun 15, 2020
  4. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 : Setting a time of day to DOWNLOAD UPDATES - Similar Threads - Setting DOWNLOAD UPDATES

2. "Set time zone automatically" sets to the wrong time zone, and swaps throughout the day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Set time zone automatically" sets to the wrong time zone, and swaps throughout the day: I do not have a VPN installed.I am in CST Central Standard Time, however when I enable the "set time zone automatically" option, it sets the time to EST Eastern Standard Time. And if I leave the option enabled long enough, throughout the day it will keep swapping between EST...
  3. "Set time zone automatically" sets to the wrong time zone, and swaps throughout the day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Set time zone automatically" sets to the wrong time zone, and swaps throughout the day: I do not have a VPN installed.I am in CST Central Standard Time, however when I enable the "set time zone automatically" option, it sets the time to EST Eastern Standard Time. And if I leave the option enabled long enough, throughout the day it will keep swapping between EST...
  4. Why cant I set a period of time during the day for windows to download and install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why cant I set a period of time during the day for windows to download and install...: Why does Windows insist on keeping us from controlling the window of time when Windows should look to download and install updates? So I can schedule the downloads and updates to occur only between 2 a.m.-6 a.m. when I am SLEEPING. Not in the middle of the day when I need...
  5. Why cant I set a period of time during the day for windows to download and install...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why cant I set a period of time during the day for windows to download and install...: Why does Windows insist on keeping us from controlling the window of time when Windows should look to download and install updates? So I can schedule the downloads and updates to occur only between 2 a.m.-6 a.m. when I am SLEEPING. Not in the middle of the day when I need...
  6. Limited amount of Data durring day. Can I set to Download updates to windows 10 at certain...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Limited amount of Data durring day. Can I set to Download updates to windows 10 at certain...: Limited amount of data during day. Can I set up to download updates to Windows 10 at certain times? If so, How? Thanks for any help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/limited-amount-of-data-durring-day-can-i-set-to/a5e0252d-a201-4ff5-847e-e5fcf14fb7fe
  7. Is there a way to set what time of day Windows 10 checks for/downloads updates?

Is there a way to set what time of day Windows 10 checks for/downloads updates?: Windows is checking for updates during the day while I am trying to work and it severely impacts my PC performance...sometimes to the point where I cannot even use it. I have set active hours to 4am-6pm but that only affects when it does the restart, not when it checks and...
  8. SVCHOST keeps downloading updates even if i set it to work in another time of the day

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SVCHOST keeps downloading updates even if i set it to work in another time of the day: I'm using this pc for gaming and, having the time to play in the evening only, i decided to set windows update to work outside the time i'm at the pc. This means the pc is off when windows update should download the files. Sometimes when i play i notice svchost is...
  9. Time of day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time of day: Computer is on West coast time which is 3 hours behind East coast time -should be 437 Pm not 1:37 PM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-of-day/11e7068d-0b6a-4c85-8ac1-a2d185486c24
  10. Set specific time to download automatic updates

Set specific time to download automatic updates: I have limited bandwidth via my satellite ISP, (EXELL); and it is the only ISP available here. I need to set the update download time for the Free Zone: 3:00 am to 6:00 am. I am unable to find an option to make this selection in the Update settings. With two Windows 10...