Windows 10: Windows 10 Setting Home page should be reverted

Discus and support Windows 10 Setting Home page should be reverted in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After the latest cumulative update on March 10. Microsoft introduced this hideous change to the Setting home page. MS, please get rid of this change.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lintekPC, Mar 12, 2020.

1. lintekPC Win User

Windows 10 Setting Home page should be reverted

After the latest cumulative update on March 10. Microsoft introduced this hideous change to the Setting home page. MS, please get rid of this change. Btw, there's a bug in it because the Windows Update status reads that "attention needed" and when I click on the icon to go to the Update page, Update reads my PC is up to date. Yet another change that doesn't work.

Windows 10 Setting Home page should be reverted 49facbf5-86cb-4a07-a4ca-a2dcc2dd2139?upload=true.png

Windows 10 Setting Home page should be reverted 3b6b58cf-39e0-455c-b3d9-85d7593c0981?upload=true.png

:)

lintekPC, Mar 12, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 12, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 12, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Setting Home page should be reverted - Similar Threads - Setting Home page

2. Should I set this to "no paging file"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I set this to "no paging file"?: Alot of youtuber that I watch said to fix not all amount of memory usable is to set this to "no paging file", but I don't know that will it crash my computer or not. So, should I?...
  3. Should I set this to "no paging file"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I set this to "no paging file"?: Alot of youtuber that I watch said to fix not all amount of memory usable is to set this to "no paging file", but I don't know that will it crash my computer or not. So, should I?...
  4. Settings home page Windows 10 version 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings home page Windows 10 version 2004: I have two windows 10 computers, both are set up exactly the same. I have noticed recently that the settings home page on one of the computers now has a header banner above the normal options which shows links for my account, windows updates and the cloud in it which has...
  5. home page set up

home page set up: I used to have Google come up as my home page, not it's Window and my mail goes to Outlook, I'd like to go back to Google. How do I get home page changed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-page-set-up/d3e78124-6fec-4f83-ba73-952761fc2abe
  6. Windows 10 Reverts settings

Windows 10 Reverts settings: Does anyone know what policies I might have to set to keep certain windows settings? I recently upgraded my network were a school and already have lots of Policies Staff keep loosing the start Menu program list. Weirdly enough, I went to place software on their desktop as...
  7. How to revert to Windows 10 Home

How to revert to Windows 10 Home: I have a new personal laptop. I installed Windows 10 Pro Plus using my work email address. Now I want to uninstall it and return to Windows 10 Home, using my personal email. How can I do this?...
  8. Revert to Windows Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Revert to Windows Home: I inherited a Dell laptop from my mother that runs Windows 10. She would take it into a retail computer geek space when it needed "fixing." For some reason they put a 90 day key for Professional on the machine. I'm guessing to do the work needed. They did not remove the key...
  9. home page wont load to set home page

in Browsers and Email
    home page wont load to set home page: ok I need some help in this matter ive tried everything I'm using windows 10 edge I use bing and when I try to go to my home page via home button it does not take me there I have changed the path in settings to specific page with the url and it still wont take me there if I...
  10. Should settings revert to default after a Windows Update....

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Should settings revert to default after a Windows Update....: ... and if so, is there any way to prevent this happening ? I have 7 "control" computers & photo kiosks, plus 4 workstations all open networked together (password protected sharing is turned off) with network drives and shared folders all over the place. The "control"...