Windows 10: Windows 10 - Setting up Email

Discus and support Windows 10 - Setting up Email in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Hard Disk crashed on my desktop computer so I had to reload a new copy of Windows 10. When I did only one of my two email address's work download to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JerryKneifel, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - Setting up Email

My Hard Disk crashed on my desktop computer so I had to reload a new copy of Windows 10. When I did only one of my two email address's work download to the inbox. It appears it has to do with my password not being recognized as valid. I verified that it is correct by going to webmail and also checking my email on my cell phone so I am confident that the email password that I am using is correct.

I contacted support for my service provider and they looked on their end and said everything is OK and suggested I ask for assistance from Microsoft Windows 10 support.

I attempted to do that by going over all of the technical set up instructions and the Frequently asked Questions. I then went to the on line support agents and after over a hour of no response have given up. My question is how can I talk to a real person about the issue? I need help and realize that I probably am not as important to such a large company but am becoming frustrated with the lack of help.

Please advise what I can do.

Jerry Kneifel

:)

JerryKneifel, Aug 8, 2020
  2. davidhk Win User

Set up Charter email?

Suggestion :
    Install Windows Live Mail as your email client > configure Charter email account into WLM.

WLM is one of the programs included in Windows Essentials. You have a choice of which program you want or don't want.
    Link to download/install Windows Essentials..........
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/essentials

Is that acceptable ?

davidhk, Aug 8, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 8, 2020
  4. Windows 10 - Setting up Email

unable to set up email on lumia 650 error code 0x80072efd

Let's continue working on this. We suggest you add your email account on your phone manually by following these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap Accounts.
    • Tap Email & app accounts.
    • Tap Add an account.
    • Tap Advanced setup.
    • Choose Internet email.
    • The next screen will ask for your account information. You need to input your email server which will be provided by your email provider. We suggest you contact them for assistance on how you can properly set up your account.
    • Once you got all the server settings set up, tap sign in.

Keep us posted for further assistance.

Regards.

Cristal Reg, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - Setting up Email

1. Windows 10 - Setting up Email - Similar Threads - Setting Email

2. Epson Scan Smart: You cannot send the email confirm the settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epson Scan Smart: You cannot send the email confirm the settings: I've been using Epson Scan Smart with no issues on Windows 10 ever since the program was released. Recently, I've upgraded to Windows 11 and when trying to use Epson Scan Smart and attaching the scan to an email reference point, an error message, "You cannot send the email...
  3. Epson Scan Smart: You cannot send the email confirm the settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Epson Scan Smart: You cannot send the email confirm the settings: I've been using Epson Scan Smart with no issues on Windows 10 ever since the program was released. Recently, I've upgraded to Windows 11 and when trying to use Epson Scan Smart and attaching the scan to an email reference point, an error message, "You cannot send the email...
  4. When I set up my desktop I had a typo in the email which now setting up my new laptop I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I set up my desktop I had a typo in the email which now setting up my new laptop I...: When I set up my desktop, I had a typo in the email which now setting up my new laptop I noticed instead of @icloud.com I have @icoud.com is there any way to get it fixed?I cannot verify my current email on my desktop as that is the one that has the typo....
  5. When I set up my desktop I had a typo in the email which now setting up my new laptop I...

When I set up my desktop I had a typo in the email which now setting up my new laptop I...: When I set up my desktop, I had a typo in the email which now setting up my new laptop I noticed instead of @icloud.com I have @icoud.com is there any way to get it fixed?I cannot verify my current email on my desktop as that is the one that has the typo....
  6. Cant change security settings without access to recovery email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change security settings without access to recovery email: I have a main outlook account which i have access to with email and password. This account is associated to a recovery email. Which is an old hotmail account of mine. This recovery email is the only way to verify my identity, no phone, no 2fa. I do not have access to this old...
  7. Cant change security settings without access to recovery email

Cant change security settings without access to recovery email: I have a main outlook account which i have access to with email and password. This account is associated to a recovery email. Which is an old hotmail account of mine. This recovery email is the only way to verify my identity, no phone, no 2fa. I do not have access to this old...
  8. How to set email font, new Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set email font, new Outlook: How does one set the default font for emails composed in the new Outlook? Help gives the answer "Go to File > Options > Mail > Stationery and Fonts..."But there is no "File" in the new Outlook! I've also looked at the Windows options and outlook.live.com/mail etc. and can't...
  9. How to set email font, new Outlook

How to set email font, new Outlook: How does one set the default font for emails composed in the new Outlook? Help gives the answer "Go to File > Options > Mail > Stationery and Fonts..."But there is no "File" in the new Outlook! I've also looked at the Windows options and outlook.live.com/mail etc. and can't...
  10. How to set email font, new Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization