Windows 10: Windows 10 - Setting up your recovery drive and how it could destroy your life!

Discus and support Windows 10 - Setting up your recovery drive and how it could destroy your life! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Okay Hello All, I decide I want to do a system backup so I look in the admin panel and I proceed to set up, what is currently called my Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SebastianBuffington, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - Setting up your recovery drive and how it could destroy your life!

Okay Hello All,

I decide I want to do a system backup so I look in the admin panel and I proceed to set up, what is currently called my Microsoft recovery drive. I think I am just selecting the drive to use for recovery, WRONG. No hint or clue is given to me that I might just be doing one of the craziest unsafe dumb things I could do on or with my OS. This should all be okay as in no way would there be an instance that I would not be able to read what was going on and simply hit cancel right? WRONG, I did just this and assumed I was going to simply choose the drive to use for recovery, and as I proceeded a display dialog said we will need to format the recovery drive. I lost my mind for a moment calming as I saw the cancel button. You would think all is okay at this point right? WRONG, not only did it continue to do whatever it wanted it created a new partition without any user input from myself destroying 20 years worth of work that equates to more than 500 thousand dollars spent with multiple programming assistants, hours, and hours that I paid out to many individual programmers. The end result was 9.06TB of space unallocated which is where my half of a million dollars worth of data went but here comes the kicker. On that drive, were my chains needed to buy and sell my digital currency, and the only way to retrieve or prove ownership over my digital currency is now gone which was another 500 thousand dollars worth of money lost.

I have lost 1 million dollars worth of my father's hard-earned money!

Does anyone have any suggestions about what I should do? I just lost my father's life savings in digital currency and a half of million dollars in labor programming.

This is definitely a flaw in Windows 10 and the drive should not have been altered without my express permission so I see this as a lawsuit moment.

I am looking for advice i.e. just where do I begin my lawsuit or whom should I contact about compensation etc.

Sincerely,

Sebastian Scott Buffington

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

813-846-2865

:)

SebastianBuffington, Nov 28, 2020

2. Windows 10

its already there. there is a hard set factory image from samsung. problem is it takes a long time to get that backup into the drive again and destroys the C drive data.

so looks like i wont be trying windows 10 anytime soon *Stick Out Tongue Windows 10 - Setting up your recovery drive and how it could destroy your life! :p

de.das.dude, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Geethu B Win User

Windows 10 - Setting up your recovery drive and how it could destroy your life!

Making a Windows 10 Pro recovery thumb drive

Hi Steven,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Resetting lets you choose whether to keep your files or remove them, and then reinstalls Windows.

• If you choose Remove everything, it will reinstalls
      Windows 10 and removes all your personal files, apps, drivers and changes made to settings.

• If you choose Restore factory settings, it will reinstall the version of Windows that your computer came with (Windows 8.1) and removes your personal files, apps, drivers and changes you made to settings.
    Warning: Backup all your data before performing any of these steps to avoid data loss.

To build a USB recovery drive, I suggest you to refer the article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-recovery-drive

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - Setting up your recovery drive and how it could destroy your life!

1. Windows 10 - Setting up your recovery drive and how it could destroy your life! - Similar Threads - Setting recovery drive

2. How to delete restore options that show up when youre setting up your PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete restore options that show up when youre setting up your PC?: Hello there, I wanted to ask that when I was setting up my PC earlier today, there is a part where it asks you to either restore your data or set up as a new device. I have many saves that showed up. I really want to get rid of those old "saves", because I don't need them. I...
  3. How to delete restore options that show up when youre setting up your PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete restore options that show up when youre setting up your PC?: Hello there, I wanted to ask that when I was setting up my PC earlier today, there is a part where it asks you to either restore your data or set up as a new device. I have many saves that showed up. I really want to get rid of those old "saves", because I don't need them. I...
  4. Your credentials could not be verified

Your credentials could not be verified: Whenever I try to sign into my computer, I am told my credentials could not be verified. I get sent an email on my phone to confirm that I am actually me, and then I can sign in. Is there anything I can do to fix this?...
  5. How to set your device back to your organization?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to set your device back to your organization?: I have accidentally remove my device from the organization. How do I get back? I have still valid login but when I login it tells me that my device is turned off by the organization. Should I do a factory reset or what? submitted by /u/boboToko [link] [comments]...
  6. Ease up your support life with Snip & Sketch

Ease up your support life with Snip & Sketch: So it was recently when I found out windows has this tool that I actually always used 3rd party tools to achieve its results . The tool is called Snip & Sketch , is an APP and its main purpose is to snap out portions of your screen and save it as an image in lite weight ,...
  7. Your credentials could not be verified

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Your credentials could not be verified: I am trying to log into windows and every time i get "your credentials could not be verified" if i use my pin or "that password is incorrect" if i use my password. I know i am using the right password (i just used it to log in to post this post) When I start it in safe mode...
  8. Windows 10 Settings/Sync Your Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Settings/Sync Your Settings: Anyone any theory on why on both my Surface Pro 4 & Surface Laptop 2 the "Sync Your Settings" is set at "off" and greyed out with a red message at the top saying "Sync is not available for your account. Contact your administrator to resolve this". I only noticed this when I...
  9. How to set up and use the Windows 10 Your Phone app

in Windows 10 News
    How to set up and use the Windows 10 Your Phone app: Microsoft recently launched the Your Phone app for Windows 10 devices that aims to bring your PC and phone closer. For this article, we’re going to concentrate on Windows 10 Your Phone app and Android device integration. If you’re part of the Insider program, you can install...
  10. Windows 10 Destroyed my Battery Life

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Destroyed my Battery Life: I, like many others, had Windows 10 installed automatically when I wasn't home. I'm not necessarily opposed to this except that it has OBLITERATED my battery life. As an ultrabook user, I primarily own my Lenovo T431s because it can last me days at a time, or at least one day...