Windows 10: Windows 10 Settings and Search Functions Not Working After Recent Windows Updates

Discus and support Windows 10 Settings and Search Functions Not Working After Recent Windows Updates in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home, 21H1, 4/24/2021, 19043.1023, WFEP 120.2212.2020.0A couple of days ago, I attempted to use the "Search" function in Windows File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LogicalSpock, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Settings and Search Functions Not Working After Recent Windows Updates

Windows 10 Home, 21H1, 4/24/2021, 19043.1023, WFEP 120.2212.2020.0A couple of days ago, I attempted to use the "Search" function in Windows File Explorer and found it not working properly. As soon as I mouse click in the search window, the cursor appears for a split second and immediately tabs out of it to the first selection history dropdown, making it almost impossible for me to type in a new search query. The most I can get in the search box is one letter before the cursor leaps away. The only workaround I have found is to type my search query in Notepad, copy it, click in the Explorer Sear

:)

LogicalSpock, Jun 6, 2021

2. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Jun 6, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 6, 2021
  4. chispy Win User

Windows 10 Settings and Search Functions Not Working After Recent Windows Updates

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Jun 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Settings and Search Functions Not Working After Recent Windows Updates

1. Windows 10 Settings and Search Functions Not Working After Recent Windows Updates - Similar Threads - Settings Search Functions

2. Search function not working on windows 10.

in Cortana
    Search function not working on windows 10.: Hello everyone, I have a question about the search function not working on windows 10.It is not working in the Windows Start, not in the search iconcrashing in a couple of seconds, not in Windows Explorer. Things that I've tried :-Restarting Search service both in task...
  3. Search function not working on windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search function not working on windows 10.: Hello everyone, I have a question about the search function not working on windows 10.It is not working in the Windows Start, not in the search iconcrashing in a couple of seconds, not in Windows Explorer. Things that I've tried :-Restarting Search service both in task...
  4. Search function not working on windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Function HttpSendRequest stopped working correctly after recent Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Function HttpSendRequest stopped working correctly after recent Windows update: Function HttpSendRequest ignores form data, and the web server gets the request as if the data were empty. If I send the same request via browser, then all works as expected.My executable, which makes a call to HttpSendRequest, used to work just fine for many years. Now, it...
  6. Recent Windows 10 Update - Windows search not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent Windows 10 Update - Windows search not working: I recently did the optional updates of windows from the windows update and security from settings. After this update, my windows search isn't working, I can't type anything....
  7. lost search function in recent updates.

in Cortana
    lost search function in recent updates.: I recently noticed that the search function in the taskbar stopped working. The taskbar shows search magnifying glass and "Type here to search", but when I enter any text the popup window is totally black. No search results are displayed. The issue seems to have occurred...
  8. Windows 10 search function not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 search function not working: Hi, After updating my windows to 1903, my windows search is not working at all. When i go to type something in, the tab is blank and nothing I type has any response. I created a temporary account and signed into that one and it works perfectly fine, but on my account it...
  9. Windows 10 search function is not working.

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search function is not working.: Nothing happens when I try to use the search function on my Windows 10 laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-function-is-not-working/f240d2f8-7f03-4e53-a915-6fcb7004e352"
  10. Search Function Not Working after Upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Function Not Working after Upgrade to Windows 10: I have 8 NAS drives on my network that is attached to my computer. Prior to upgrade to Windows 10 - from Windows 7 , I could go to file explorer and then search all the NAS drives for the info that I needed. In Windows 10, I can see on the NAS drives under This PC but...