Windows 10: Windows 10 settings and some administration tools dont work

Discus and support Windows 10 settings and some administration tools dont work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspirion laptop N7110 type=x64- based pc with windows 10 home version 10.0.19043 Build 19043. I am not very knowledgeable about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GayleG, Jul 7, 2021.

1. GayleG Win User

Windows 10 settings and some administration tools dont work

I have a Dell Inspirion laptop N7110 type=x64- based pc with windows 10 home version 10.0.19043 Build 19043. I am not very knowledgeable about computers but am able to follow directions. I have been trying to understand and fix my problem for weeks and dont think I am going to find a solution without help. I am unable to use my settings for windows at all. It opens but I cant do anything in it. I am able to use event viewer but not administrator tools like component management etc. I have ran sfc and it sayswindows resource protection didnt find any integrety violations. All update and security options , the run box, dont work. I have the administrator account as well as the owner account. Feel this may be where the problem is but dont know. Also windows has been updateing alot and requiring several restarts to get my computer to even boot up correctly. Or windows and desktop dont load until after several restarts. I appreciate any advice you can offer me as I'm just not able to figure this out on my own. I thank you for your time and will give any further information you may need.I recently was able to get McAfee off my computer as my subscription expired and it was causing alot of errors on my system. I downloaded and used their McAfee consumer products removal tool. Ran it twice as alot of fails reported the first time.

:)

GayleG, Jul 7, 2021
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Jul 7, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Jul 7, 2021
  4. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jul 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 settings and some administration tools dont work - Similar Threads - settings administration tools

2. Windows defender dont work and ask from it administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender dont work and ask from it administrator: Windows defender dont work and ask from it administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-dont-work-and-ask-from-it/33d4a039-a49e-42f5-87f0-25d876a6d475
  3. Administrative Tools And Settings Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrative Tools And Settings Problems: Hello Everyone, I have had problems with every device I have purchased since 12/07/2019. All of the devices I own have admin ang settings as "shortcuts". I have read that "Control Panel" was not included in windows 10 yet it is in windows systemon the start menu, where it...
  4. Administrative Tools And Settings Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrative Tools And Settings Problems: Hello Everyone, I have had problems with every device I have purchased since 12/07/2019. All of the devices I own have admin ang settings as "shortcuts". I have read that "Control Panel" was not included in windows 10 yet it is in windows systemon the start menu, where it...
  5. Administrative Tools And Settings Problems

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Administrator Access and Tools Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Administrator Access and Tools Not Working: Whenever I try to use administrator tools, (e.g. “Do you to allow this app to make changes to your device?”) it just says the request is not supported after a long blank screen. How do I fix this? It may be important to note this started after A file corrupted submitted by...
  7. Some devices work on a usb port some dont

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some devices work on a usb port some dont: WD External Hard drive and Logitech 502G Mice are not working on my PC but works on other computers without problems. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-devices-work-on-a-usb-port-some-dont/0978a2eb-d8dc-4b2b-9b96-108ddb35241e
  8. Windows 10 Administrator Tools.

Windows 10 Administrator Tools.: I am unable to find or open Admin Tools. Caption shows as Location not available. How can this be rectified? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-administrator-tools/30229f0f-8a7f-4b8e-b3de-bc8d8b061991
  9. Some Settings Are Managed by An Administrator in Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Some Settings Are Managed by An Administrator in Settings: I just upgraded a PC to v1903. Now in my user account I see the message below in the Privacy section of Settings for many Options - Some Settings Are Managed by an Administrator. This message wasn't present before the upgrade and I have nothing set in Group Policy. The...
  10. Windows 10 settings and tools not working

Windows 10 settings and tools not working: I have an MSI laptop I recently reset. After I reset it I made a new account (only account on PC) and when I attempted to use the windows key to open up the search menu, it didn't work. I attempted to open settings via command prompt and it told me settings did not exist. I...