Windows 10: Windows 10 Settings and Universal Apps' icons and buttons have rigid edges and weird shapes

Discus and support Windows 10 Settings and Universal Apps' icons and buttons have rigid edges and weird shapes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't remember when this started but now my Windows 10 Settings and Universal Apps' icons and buttons have rigid edges. I have latest version of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HassaanNaveed, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Settings and Universal Apps' icons and buttons have rigid edges and weird shapes

I don't remember when this started but now my Windows 10 Settings and Universal Apps' icons and buttons have rigid edges. I have latest version of Windows installed and I also have latest drivers for my AMD Rx 480 graphics card. Also when I hover my mouse over to any thing in Settings homepage the Picture changes shape and becomes a mix of diamond and circle I can not take its screen shot because when I click 'PrintScreen' it quickly changes back to diamond : https://ibb.co/dWrn5kW

Some other screenshots:

https://ibb.co/s9LfgD8

https://ibb.co/mqm8F01

https://ibb.co/VQYnTnS

Hoping for a favorable Response.

Hassaan Naveed

:)

HassaanNaveed, Apr 13, 2021

2. Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Thanks for reply
    but your suggestion did not work.When i turn off home button in Edge and re-open Edge and turn on home button ...the home icon appears but fades away when Edge is re-opened.

I even uninstalled Edge and re-installed Edge following a fellow members suggestion tutorial but this step did not work either.

Very strange

treblefree, Apr 13, 2021
  3. snoopy51 Win User
    Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

The workaround is not a solution as I stated. It merely create an button on the Favorite Bar!

Please follow davidhk's suggestion. You may have to run SFC /scannow three times in order to correct the file corruption problem!

snoopy51, Apr 13, 2021
  4. davidhk Win User

Windows 10 Settings and Universal Apps' icons and buttons have rigid edges and weird shapes

Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Troubleshooting suggestion only.......................
    Checking for file corruption. It will try to repair if any found.

Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

davidhk, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Settings and Universal Apps' icons and buttons have rigid edges and weird shapes

1. Windows 10 Settings and Universal Apps' icons and buttons have rigid edges and weird shapes - Similar Threads - Settings Universal Apps'

2. Weird shortcut glitch with edge icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird shortcut glitch with edge icons: There's a strange shortcut glitch. This is the first time I got it. Basically all shortcut icons got swapped for "edge browser" icons. What should I do? How do I get rid of them?...
  3. Weird shortcut glitch with edge icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird shortcut glitch with edge icons: There's a strange shortcut glitch. This is the first time I got it. Basically all shortcut icons got swapped for "edge browser" icons. What should I do? How do I get rid of them?...
  4. Weird shortcut glitch with edge icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Setting Icon looking weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Setting Icon looking weird: Hi,for the last couple of weeks or so, the Windows settings icon in the taskbar has been looking weird.I already tried re-setting the settings app Windows key --> "settings" --> right click --> App settings --> restore, but it didn't work. Still the weird noisy mosaic thing...
  6. Windows Setting Icon looking weird

Windows Setting Icon looking weird: Hi,for the last couple of weeks or so, the Windows settings icon in the taskbar has been looking weird.I already tried re-setting the settings app Windows key --> "settings" --> right click --> App settings --> restore, but it didn't work. Still the weird noisy mosaic thing...
  7. Windows Setting Icon looking weird

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Weird button on icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird button on icons: So I have two questions.My first is why is there a little refresh button on the bottom left of all of my app icons?And my second isI hard reset my computer because I had an unremovable virus, and I just wanted a new start. WHY DOES ONEDRIVE AUTOMATICALLY SINC AND I HAVE ALL...
  9. Weird button on icons

Weird button on icons: So I have two questions.My first is why is there a little refresh button on the bottom left of all of my app icons?And my second isI hard reset my computer because I had an unremovable virus, and I just wanted a new start. WHY DOES ONEDRIVE AUTOMATICALLY SINC AND I HAVE ALL...
  10. Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge: For some reason i cannot set the Home button on the top bar on Microsoft Edge .I have followed the Advanced Settings with no luck.I have attached a image of what i mean. 42558