Windows 10: Windows 10 Settings and Universal Apps' icons and buttons have rigid edges and weird shapes

Discus and support Windows 10 Settings and Universal Apps' icons and buttons have rigid edges and weird shapes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't remember when this started but now my Windows 10 Settings and Universal Apps' icons and buttons have rigid edges. I have latest version of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HassaanNaveed, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Settings and Universal Apps' icons and buttons have rigid edges and weird shapes

I don't remember when this started but now my Windows 10 Settings and Universal Apps' icons and buttons have rigid edges. I have latest version of Windows installed and I also have latest drivers for my AMD Rx 480 graphics card. Also when I hover my mouse over to any thing in Settings homepage the Picture changes shape and becomes a mix of diamond and circle I can not take its screen shot because when I click 'PrintScreen' it quickly changes back to diamond : https://ibb.co/dWrn5kW

Some other screenshots:

https://ibb.co/s9LfgD8

https://ibb.co/mqm8F01

https://ibb.co/VQYnTnS

Hoping for a favorable Response.

Hassaan Naveed

:)

HassaanNaveed, Apr 13, 2021

2. Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Thanks for reply
    but your suggestion did not work.When i turn off home button in Edge and re-open Edge and turn on home button ...the home icon appears but fades away when Edge is re-opened.

I even uninstalled Edge and re-installed Edge following a fellow members suggestion tutorial but this step did not work either.

Very strange

treblefree, Apr 13, 2021
  3. snoopy51 Win User
    Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

The workaround is not a solution as I stated. It merely create an button on the Favorite Bar!

Please follow davidhk's suggestion. You may have to run SFC /scannow three times in order to correct the file corruption problem!

snoopy51, Apr 13, 2021
  4. davidhk Win User

Windows 10 Settings and Universal Apps' icons and buttons have rigid edges and weird shapes

Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Troubleshooting suggestion only.......................
    Checking for file corruption. It will try to repair if any found.

Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

davidhk, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Settings and Universal Apps' icons and buttons have rigid edges and weird shapes

1. Windows 10 Settings and Universal Apps' icons and buttons have rigid edges and weird shapes - Similar Threads - Settings Universal Apps'

2. Windows app having Procreate like quick shape tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows app having Procreate like quick shape tool: Looking for a windows drawing app which has procreate like quick shape tool. It would be quite like the ink to shape feature in Onenote but in a drawing app like Procreate. submitted by /u/Marnaika [link] [comments]...
  3. Edges of buttons to click looking weird on website both Edge and Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edges of buttons to click looking weird on website both Edge and Chrome: Hi, I got a new HP computer with Windows 10 in S mode, which I converted out of now have Windows 10 Home. The borders of some buttons to click look weird on this computer. Please see the photos below. The bottom line of the Continue looks disrupted, almost dotted on the...
  4. Changing Icons Universally?

Changing Icons Universally?: I would like to change the icons on my PC. Self-explanatory, the only problem is that I can't change the icons everywhere in my PC or system wide. I'm assuming I can't change *all* of them but would it be possible change something like the Photoshop icon so when it's searched...
  5. My PC keeps rearranging my icons into this specific weird shape. Help.

My PC keeps rearranging my icons into this specific weird shape. Help.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/nerko- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j8m5yh/my_pc_keeps_rearranging_my_icons_into_this/
  6. Universal apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Universal apps: Hello Microsoft I need a bit of help with something. I need a way of hiding Universal apps from being in my start bar. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/universal-apps/0e601425-6323-4ead-b1b4-0e6f208dd544
  7. Icons becoming oval in shape

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons becoming oval in shape: Good day please all the icons on my desktop including other images of my laptop have been OVAL IN SHAPE. Please what must I do to return it to normal size. Thank you...
  8. Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge: For some reason i cannot set the Home button on the top bar on Microsoft Edge .I have followed the Advanced Settings with no luck.I have attached a image of what i mean. 42558
  9. Random Scrolling Issues with Edge and Other Universal Apps

in Browsers and Email
    Random Scrolling Issues with Edge and Other Universal Apps: I'm encountering a number of random scrolling issues within Edge and other Universal/Modern/Store apps. When scrolling a web page, the page gets "stuck" and won't move within the browser window. Edge itself remains responsive - I can reload the page, or close its tab. And...
  10. pixelated universal app on windows 10 ?!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pixelated universal app on windows 10 ?!!: hello , is some one have the same problem the universal apps like setting and mail calculator ... all new moderne apps have pixelated font , hard to read who can fix this problem ? many solution tested no result like (using windows 8.1 dpi ) , clear type adjust ......