Windows 10: Windows 10 Settings app doesn’t open - please help

Discus and support Windows 10 Settings app doesn’t open - please help in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 Settings app doesn’t open - please help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by guiV1, Jul 26, 2021.

1. guiV1 Win User

Windows 10 Settings app doesn’t open - please help

:)

guiV1, Jul 26, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 10 Settings app doesn’t open - please help [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jul 26, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 26, 2021
  4. philc43 Win User

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Jul 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Settings app doesn’t open - please help - Similar Threads - Settings app doesn’t

2. windows 11 settings and some apps not opening please help me to fix this error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 settings and some apps not opening please help me to fix this error: windows 11 settings and some apps not opening please help me to fix this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-settings-and-some-apps-not-opening/4b067584-6dff-4912-a9fc-3946e9ea8ec9
  3. windows 11 settings and some apps not opening please help me to fix this error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 settings and some apps not opening please help me to fix this error: windows 11 settings and some apps not opening please help me to fix this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-settings-and-some-apps-not-opening/4b067584-6dff-4912-a9fc-3946e9ea8ec9
  4. Windows 10 apps, settings not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 apps, settings not opening: My k7 total security system expired and so I installed avast antivirus app. It ran some scans and asked me to delete a few files that it said were a security threat. Sometime after that, things went haywire1. Not able to open any apps or settings. Not even able to shut down...
  5. Settings app is not opening in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings app is not opening in Windows 10.: I am unable to open the settings app. When I click on the settings icon it doesn't open. I tried running the sfc/ scannow command but it stops at 87% every single time and displays an error message that says 'the scan could not be completed' is displayed.I also tried to use...
  6. Windows 10 - not opening Windows Defender - please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 - not opening Windows Defender - please help: [ATTACH] This is showing up. I have tried a few different solutions that have been suggested on the net, but nothing seems to work... please suggestions. https://preview.redd.it/y2yq9q5cxt161.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=eee01bbbefc82a40b38e1a6cbbd2e79ca61b4e16...
  7. Settings doesn’t open anymore.

Settings doesn’t open anymore.: Yup. It just doesnt open, i can open anything else but when it’s any sort of settings or adjustment like volume or background or anything it doesn’t open. have y’all experienced this? and how did you fix it submitted by /u/classicmusclecar [link] [comments]...
  8. Help! Apps, Settings, and browser randomly open by themselves in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help! Apps, Settings, and browser randomly open by themselves in Windows 10: Every morning I wake up my HP all-in-one desktop has 1 multiple File Explorer windows open, 2 webcam app open the webcam isn't on because I have it set to "always ask" before opening and sometimes 3 one or two Chrome default browser instances open and 4 Windows...
  9. Windows 10 Settings App Help

Windows 10 Settings App Help: Hi everyone, So I recently installed a new Windows 10 update and after that everything has worked fine except for one thing (that I've noticed). Whenever I try to open my settings up to change my audio or change my network adapter in the Windows Settings app, the only thing...
  10. [HELP] Language just doesn’t change, please help

[HELP] Language just doesn’t change, please help: I bought a thinkpad t480 from the Netherlands and it cake shipped with a Dutch version of windows 10 home, after wiping everything, I thought it’d give an option to start over and choose English but no, so after painstakingly using google translate through the setup I finally...