Windows 10: Windows 10 settings app missing navigation panel?

Discus and support Windows 10 settings app missing navigation panel? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My windows 10 settings app doesn't have a navigation panel on the left anymore which makes navigating through settings an utter pain. I must be missing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Rev3rze, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Windows 10 settings app missing navigation panel?

My windows 10 settings app doesn't have a navigation panel on the left anymore which makes navigating through settings an utter pain. I must be missing some option or something because I can't find anything online about it at all. Possibly because I'm calling it a navigation panel while having no clue if that's remotely accurate... Anyway I've added a screenshot of my settings panel in it's entirety here: https://imgur.com/a/NaGaXZv.

For comparison here's a screenshot of what I'd expect to see on the same settings page: https://www.digitalcitizen.life/sites/default/files/gdrive/win10_settings/settings_15.png.

The whole panel to the left is missing and with it the ability to quickly go from one setting to another. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/Rev3rze
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Rev3rze, Nov 7, 2019
  2. NOPD Win User

Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

NOPD, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Cvrk Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Windows 10 settings app missing navigation panel? [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows 10 Preview On Nokia Lumia 920 - Windows Central Forums
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Cvrk, Nov 7, 2019
  4. Windows 10 settings app missing navigation panel?

side panel navigation icons missing

H, can anyone help me to fix missing icons on my explorer sidebar navigation ?u can see there are no icons on leftside of navigation.I tried Sfc /scannow but it did not found any corruption .

kayawish24, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 settings app missing navigation panel?

1. Windows 10 settings app missing navigation panel? - Similar Threads - settings app missing

2. Show all folders in navigation panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Show all folders in navigation panel: Why do i have to "show all folders" in the navigation panel to get my drop down arrows to see sub folder. The screen looks better without all folders showing. Is it possible to expand folders without showing all folders? I have no drop down arrows when not showing all...
  3. Control Panel is missing and the Settings app doesn't have the settings I need

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Control Panel is missing and the Settings app doesn't have the settings I need: Hi! I just updated my PC to the latest Windows 10 release 20h2 and the control panel is missing. I use the Network Connections page Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Network Connections every day to get to specific network settings that aren't in the settings app...
  4. Control Panel Display Settings Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control Panel Display Settings Missing: Hi, I am currently studying for a cert exam. The instructor goes to Control Panel > Appearance and Personalisation. In there, he has two items in the list that my version of control panel does not have. Personalisation Display Why don't these appear in control...
  5. Synaptics touchpad settings or gestures control panel missing in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Synaptics touchpad settings or gestures control panel missing in windows 10: This had happened to some of the users including me after any windows update but no worries, I have a solution for this which will definitely work: Firstly, download the Synaptics driver SP93153 from the link: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp93001-93500/sp93153.exe Step...
  6. Save As window navigation panel not showing fully

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save As window navigation panel not showing fully: In Save As window, the navigation side panel is not fully displayed, nor are all my files. Spontaneously last night, I lost the normal view. Now the Save as window only shows last file saved in and window in which to type new name of file which is to be saved....
  7. OneDrive is not appearing in Navigation Panel in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive is not appearing in Navigation Panel in Windows 10: Hello everyone, I have a huge problem. Yesterday there was an icon of OneDrive - Personal on my navigation panel. Suddenly it disappeared randomly. I do not know what I did but it suddenly disappeared. When I uninstalled and reinstalled OneDrive completely multiple times...
  8. side panel navigation icons missing

in Windows 10 Support
    side panel navigation icons missing: H, can anyone help me to fix missing icons on my explorer sidebar navigation ?u can see there are no icons on leftside of navigation.I tried Sfc /scannow but it did not found any corruption . [img] [img] 125042
  9. Windows 10 - 1809. Add control panel to navigation pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - 1809. Add control panel to navigation pane: Hallo Shawn. This one is for you mate ------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 ; Created by: Shawn Brink ; Windows 8 Help Forums ; Tutorial: Control Panel - Add or Remove from Navigation Pane Tutorial |...
  10. Some icons are missing in settings panel!

in Windows 10 Support
    Some icons are missing in settings panel!: Hi! I had some trouble with fonts (some of them were not readable and got unusable message). I spent a full day to reset and fix things as they were, but at the end I discovered, that the Win 10 settings panels are missing some icons (they are displayed as a box and seems...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn 7777 certificate