Windows 10: Windows 10 Settings App Opens then Closes

Discus and support Windows 10 Settings App Opens then Closes in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; To tech professionals, I have windows 10 Home single language. When I open any Microsoft app Photos, Mail, Calendar, Groove music, Weather etc.., it... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by spZ90, Jun 7, 2020.

1. spZ90 Win User

Windows 10 Settings App Opens then Closes

To tech professionals,

I have windows 10 Home single language. When I open any Microsoft app Photos, Mail, Calendar, Groove music, Weather etc.., it shows the border of the app and the close it immediately. But this is not happen to Microsoft store. It opens normally and run normally. Sometimes from Microsoft store, I cannot install apps, with this massege "Try that again. Something went wrong. The error code is 0x8004E103"

In event log, I have error 5961 with Unknown error code and HResult Error code : 0x8004e103

1. I run SFC scan also but it finished without any error.
    2. Then I try use diagnostic tool for Microsoft store and apps I have error "hanging or crashing" But troubleshooter did not fix it.
    3. I reset Store and some apps, It also not worked
    4. I checked permissions for Windows, Program files and users. I think all are normal.
    5. I checked permissions In registry editor also. I think they are also normal.
    6. By using power shell, I re-register all built in apps by using this command, For current account. But no any good result.
      Get-AppXPackage Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}

I think I do all of things for solve this problem. Till I did not use windows recovery because after that I'll require to install all third party softwares again. And also some times, I have blue screens of death also, I don't know if it's related to this.

So anyone know any other methods for this problem, Please suggest. It would be great help for me.

Thanks.

:)

spZ90, Jun 7, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 Settings App Opens then Closes :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Settings App Opens then Closes

Open settings of Windows 8 App

Hi Thomas,

In response to your query, please be informed that Windows 10 is in the list of supported operating system for Modern Reader. Also, the swipe from the right option is for Windows 8 and 8.1 therefore, that step will not open the settings. However, most
    apps have their own settings, therefore, I suggest you to look for a gear icon in the app and check if you are able to find the option you are looking for.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Settings App Opens then Closes

1. Windows 10 Settings App Opens then Closes - Similar Threads - Settings App Opens

2. Windows 10 settings app closes almost instantly after opening it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 settings app closes almost instantly after opening it: Hello everyone,I am running Windows 10 family, version 22H2 with the build 19045.4046.As the title says, my settings app closes instantly after opening it.I have seen this issue posted a couple of times before and often times, the response is : does the problem still occur...
  3. Windows 10 settings app closes almost instantly after opening it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 settings app closes almost instantly after opening it: Hello everyone,I am running Windows 10 family, version 22H2 with the build 19045.4046.As the title says, my settings app closes instantly after opening it.I have seen this issue posted a couple of times before and often times, the response is : does the problem still occur...
  4. Windows 10 settings app closes almost instantly after opening it

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10, Settings opened then closes Instantly.

Windows 10, Settings opened then closes Instantly.: Whenever i try i opening settings after i had cloned windows onto my ssd it instantly closes. Do i have to delete the windows that was on my HDD?...
  6. Cannot open network settings in Windows 10 the app opens for a second then closes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open network settings in Windows 10 the app opens for a second then closes: If you click the network icon in the lower right task bar, then click Network & Internet the app screen with the little cog wheel shows briefly then closesLike wise if you open the settings app, then click on Network & Internet the screen just closesBUT if you type 'ethernet'...
  7. Windows 10 settings continues to open then close.

Windows 10 settings continues to open then close.: it had first started when i had updated and shut down a few days ago. then i had noticed the settings application would open then close every time i tried to open it to change settings. Then i had tried to change display settings and i would get an error that popped up and...
  8. Windows 10 closes settings app

Windows 10 closes settings app: Hi team, I have a PC that closes the settings app when any options is selected . PC is also stuck in airplane mode so cannot to internet . Scannow terminates with an error at 13%. Was working fine then started misbehaving. Its a lenovo e580 i7 radeon . Any ideas....
  9. My settings app opens then closes

My settings app opens then closes: No fixes work, I can still access control panel, I have admin privileges too. I booted the computer in safe mode and something was still wrong. Please help...
  10. Windows settings open and then close

Windows settings open and then close: When I go into Windows settings I'll try to open Update & Security and ease of access, It will start to open but only flash open and then close. I must have screwed something up....