Windows 10: Windows 10 Settings App System32 Access Denied

Discus and support Windows 10 Settings App System32 Access Denied in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi All, When I try to click on buttons/actions that call files (e.g. exes) from System32 i get an 'access denied' error. For example if i try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AndrewVinci, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Settings App System32 Access Denied

Hi All,

When I try to click on buttons/actions that call files (e.g. exes) from System32 i get an 'access denied' error.

For example if i try to "Change adapter options" in the Ethernet page of settings i get the following.

The error dialog box says:

"Windows cannot access the specified device path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access this item."

with the dialog box title being:
    "C:\Windows\System32\control.exe"

If i try to "add a new printer" i get the same error, but with the location being "C:\Windows\System32\printerui.exe"

Note i am logged in as the system administrator account.

Does anyone have any experience with this, or an idea of a fix?

:)

AndrewVinci, Jan 24, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 24, 2019
  3. Reymichael Ros, Jan 24, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Settings App System32 Access Denied

Radney Dri, Jan 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Settings App System32 Access Denied

1. Windows 10 Settings App System32 Access Denied - Similar Threads - Settings App System32

2. Window 10 access is denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 access is denied: I found my computer try in to boot but goes to a blue screen then trying to repair it but is not working.Then I want to command prompt and I try to run bootrec.exe/fix boot I got access denied.Then I trough DiskpartI rename the Valium in my case drive c: where I thing the...
  3. Windows 10 Access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Access denied: I tried access this folder which is in external HDD which is mine. I opened the folder several time before but now this show access denied. And I went security panel and now it shows this. I tried change the ownership and it show... I can't eve change the ownership .I tried...
  4. Windows 10 Access denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Access denied: I tried access this folder which is in external HDD which is mine. I opened the folder several time before but now this show access denied. And I went security panel and now it shows this. I tried change the ownership and it show... I can't eve change the ownership .I tried...
  5. system32/config/systemprofile/Desktop is not accessible - Access is denied

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system32/config/systemprofile/Desktop is not accessible - Access is denied: It all started when i tried to update Intel graphics card after installing the update I restarted my laptop and a error pop up and said trying to resolve issue, then it would load and fail when I tried to put my laptop on safe mode it would go to the desktop but this would...
  6. Access is denied Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access is denied Windows 10: Hello, I get access is denied when trying to access Application Data folder for example, even though I am the admin of my computer. How come? And how do I fix it? Regards...
  7. Windows apps folder: Access Denied

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows apps folder: Access Denied: So for some reason even though i am an Administrator, i keep getting Access denied when trying to open windows 10 apps install on the C: drive. It only happens to those apps, and that folder. I try to launch spotify and it comes with the same error. I tried giving myself...
  8. system32 Access Denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    system32 Access Denied: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.720] c 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Windows\system32>del C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\*, Are you sure Y/N? y...
  9. Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is not acessable. Access is denied

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is not acessable. Access is denied: After running windows updater and downloading the latest optional cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1903 for x64 based systems KB4522355 I am kindly locked out of my admin account by the operating system, because it appears that I log in to Windows 10 via my local...
  10. system32/config/systemprofile/Desktop is not accessible - Access is denied

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system32/config/systemprofile/Desktop is not accessible - Access is denied: After the latest update, I now cannot login and keep getting the system32/config/systemprofile/Desktop is not accessible - Access is denied I have tried going back to a previous version by using the Start/Shift Key which allows me to get to the troubleshoot page -...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 system32 access

2. system32 access denied windows 10

3. windows 10 settings access denied

4. fix /system32 access denied,
  5. windows 10 settings app system32 access denied,
  6. windows 10 system32 file access denied,
  7. access denied on control.exe,
  8. win10 acces to system32 bitlocker,
  9. win 10 system32 access deny,
  10. windows 10 cannot access c:\WIndows\system32,
  11. win10 access denied system32,