Windows 10: Windows 10 settings app

Discus and support Windows 10 settings app in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a windows 10 computer that runs everything pretty fast except for settings. When I go into settings the options will have the little lines under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Charlie Hong, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Windows 10 settings app

I have a windows 10 computer that runs everything pretty fast except for settings. When I go into settings the options will have the little lines under them indicating that my mouse is hovering over it, and that works super smoothly, but when I actually click on them, nothing happens. Especially with the system option. If I click on the system option it simply outlines it and then proceeds to freeze the entire settings window. On all other option I can click and get into them, but after that it's frozen. I am not running anything except for chrome and discord.

:)

Charlie Hong, Jul 28, 2021
  2. Cvrk Win User

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Windows 10 settings app [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows Phones
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 28, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 settings app

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 settings app

1. Windows 10 settings app - Similar Threads - settings app

2. Why storage settings> Installed Apps not showing same storage sizes for the apps as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why storage settings> Installed Apps not showing same storage sizes for the apps as...: I am having a problem with Windows 11 Pro storage settings as I have installed my software " Ableton" which is showing 8.03 gb on Settings> Storage > Installed Apps but the problem is as the software is installed on " ProgramData " Folder Windows C > ProgramData > Ableton...
  3. Why storage settings> Installed Apps not showing same storage sizes for the apps as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why storage settings> Installed Apps not showing same storage sizes for the apps as...: I am having a problem with Windows 11 Pro storage settings as I have installed my software " Ableton" which is showing 8.03 gb on Settings> Storage > Installed Apps but the problem is as the software is installed on " ProgramData " Folder Windows C > ProgramData > Ableton...
  4. Startup setting Error We couldn't find this app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup setting Error We couldn't find this app: “The RealTek drivers are working fine, and I tried finding them in the registry, but I could not find anything.” https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-setting-error-we-couldnt-find-this-app/628a99a7-43aa-4e65-82b6-00503514dada
  5. Startup setting Error We couldn't find this app

Startup setting Error We couldn't find this app: “The RealTek drivers are working fine, and I tried finding them in the registry, but I could not find anything.” https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-setting-error-we-couldnt-find-this-app/628a99a7-43aa-4e65-82b6-00503514dada
  6. how to get my cuntfaced settings to stop showing top apps and other privacy invading bullcock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get my cuntfaced settings to stop showing top apps and other privacy invading bullcock: you cuntflaps can **** stop showing me bullcock that i specifically turned the **** off in my settings. you fagget **** **** cant do **** for your customers either, apparently. Whatever mod is gonna delete this thread: Go get GANGRAPED up EVERY hole in your WORTHLESS body,...
  7. how to get my cuntfaced settings to stop showing top apps and other privacy invading bullcock

how to get my cuntfaced settings to stop showing top apps and other privacy invading bullcock: you cuntflaps can **** stop showing me bullcock that i specifically turned the **** off in my settings. you fagget **** **** cant do **** for your customers either, apparently. Whatever mod is gonna delete this thread: Go get GANGRAPED up EVERY hole in your WORTHLESS body,...
  8. how to get my cuntfaced settings to stop showing top apps and other privacy invading bullcock

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. how to get my cuntfaced settings to stop showing top apps and other privacy invading bullcock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get my cuntfaced settings to stop showing top apps and other privacy invading bullcock: I have EVERYTHING turned off yet it acts like it is ALL ON!!!!!!!!!!!!! you fagget **** hoes at microsoft can **** get your goddamn **** the **** together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why the **** are my settings being 100% IGNORED??????????!!!!!!!!!! You cuntflaps could start giving...
  10. how to get my cuntfaced settings to stop showing top apps and other privacy invading bullcock

how to get my cuntfaced settings to stop showing top apps and other privacy invading bullcock: I have EVERYTHING turned off yet it acts like it is ALL ON!!!!!!!!!!!!! you fagget **** hoes at microsoft can **** get your goddamn **** the **** together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why the **** are my settings being 100% IGNORED??????????!!!!!!!!!! You cuntflaps could start giving...