Windows 10: Windows 10 Settings Bar and Taskbar Flashing

Discus and support Windows 10 Settings Bar and Taskbar Flashing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I've had this issue ever since I got my current computer, an Omen 15 2020. Every so often, the taskbar will flash. Not the icons, but the actual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IsabellaLeonard, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Settings Bar and Taskbar Flashing

So I've had this issue ever since I got my current computer, an Omen 15 2020. Every so often, the taskbar will flash. Not the icons, but the actual black bar that makes up the whole taskbar itself. It doesn't appear to be messing with anything either. But it also seems to be happening in other built-in programs, like Settings, but it is only ever the "bar" in those programs. The grey bar at the top of every page in Settings will flicker. Sometimes I get good days where it doesn't happen at all, but other days it goes a bit crazy as shown in the video below. I have run troubleshooters, system checks through the control panel, which claimed there was an error that couldn't be fixed, and I have checked for Windows updates and driver updates, but the only issue with my drivers is with "WAN Miniport IP." It's harmless in the sense where it doesn't mess up my mouse, but after months of trying to fix it, I'm hoping I can finally find a solution here.

https://youtu.be/5gic5hwkaB0

:)

IsabellaLeonard, Apr 13, 2021
  2. I_askYou Win User

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, Apr 13, 2021
  3. Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

Hi Jos,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in taskbar settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to show search bar in the taskbar and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Search.

3. Select Search box from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue wit finding Search box in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 13, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Settings Bar and Taskbar Flashing

Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Settings Bar and Taskbar Flashing

1. Windows 10 Settings Bar and Taskbar Flashing - Similar Threads - Settings Bar Taskbar

2. Settings are flashing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings are flashing: My settings is not opening. It flashes for a second and closes immediately. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-are-flashing/cddd386c-db4e-4c85-ac97-2a5bdc39e423
  3. Taskbar flashing for files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar flashing for files: Whenever I open one of my documents the corresponding application flashes on the Taskbar but there's no error of notification as to why it's flashing. This is annoying and distracting-is there a way to make this stop?I just tried opening one of my files from File Explorer and...
  4. taskbar flashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    taskbar flashing: My taskbar has been flashing for 2 days. Had tried running sfc/scannow, cleaned up temporary files, checked the driver update, uninstall it but none worked. Tried dism.exe, not working too. I wonder what's the problem :...
  5. Orange Flashing Icon in Taskbar Windows 10

Orange Flashing Icon in Taskbar Windows 10: Whenever there is a notification form any application, it flashes in taskbar in orange colour. Like I use MS teams for my classes. Whenever there is a notification, it flashes orange in the taskbar and it won't stop until we actually open that windows. It really irritates me...
  6. Taskbar icons flashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Taskbar icons flashing: Hi everyone, I have a problem I hope you can help me to solve it. Whenever I open Windows Explorer, go to any folder which contains a .avi video file, the taskbar icons will start flashing or blinking non stop. As soon as I close the Explorer, the blinking stops. Please help!...
  7. windows 10 settings flashes then dissapears

windows 10 settings flashes then dissapears: It is deeply unfortunate that windows have an almost complete monopoly on operating software because the concentration of power will ALWAYS lead to its abuse. I am unable to open "settings" from my start menu, it flashes, as if it is about to open, then disappears....
  8. Windows 10, Taskbar is flashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10, Taskbar is flashing: I have Windows 10 home version, Version 1803, and my taskbar is flashing at regular intervals. During the second it flashes, what appears is that top of the screen (quick image of tabs). I'm not a techy wiz. How do I figure out what is wrong and how to fix it? Thank you!!...
  9. Disabling the orange icon flashing ENTIRELY on the Taskbar (Taskbar already set to...

Disabling the orange icon flashing ENTIRELY on the Taskbar (Taskbar already set to...: Title says it all, I wish to disable icons from flashing orange and bringing up the Taskbar when they either start in the background, or have an alert as this can "break" programs and applications that are fullscreen (and besides that, is annoying)....
  10. Disable Taskbar flashing

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Taskbar flashing: Hi TenForums, How can I completely disable the yellow flashing of icons in the TaskBar when an app wants my attention? [img] 67500