Windows 10: Windows 10 Settings crash and Network and internet settings crash

Discus and support Windows 10 Settings crash and Network and internet settings crash in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Today I noticed a message about a drive having some sort of error I don't quite remember what it was and I clicked it and followed the prompts. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChaseDeyette, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Settings crash and Network and internet settings crash

Today I noticed a message about a drive having some sort of error I don't quite remember what it was and I clicked it and followed the prompts. My laptop ended up restarting and when it was on again I noticed no wifi connection. I clicked on the wifi menu and it was just loading forever. I tried to open Network and internet settings and it would crash immediately. I eventually got it to open periodically, but it would freeze/crash upon clicking anything or switching to other tabs. At this point opening the display settings or any settings at all will cause the Settings app to attempt to open, and then crash after a few seconds. I found I am still able to get to the Update and security part. Using the network adapter troubleshooter I managed to connect to a wifi network and to connect automatically, but many menus still cannot be opened.

:)

ChaseDeyette, Apr 6, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 6, 2020
  3. internet explorer crashing

Hey,

I can understand how frustrating this would be.

Please confirm what happened when you tried the above mentioned steps.

If not then I would suggest you to try again.

I would also suggest you to refer to the mentioned link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of
    Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all
    previous settings are lost after reset.

Hope this helps.

Anusha Verma, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Settings crash and Network and internet settings crash

Internet Explorer 11 as well as Edge in Windows 10 crashes

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is
    with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter.
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Step 2: I suggest you to reset the Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Refer the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Reset Internet explorer disclaimer:

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Step 3: Clear caches and cookies

• Open Microsoft EDGE.

• After that click on (…) “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature, Select Cached data and file.

• Here you need to check the option you want to clear and click “Clear” button.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Settings crash and Network and internet settings crash

1. Windows 10 Settings crash and Network and internet settings crash - Similar Threads - Settings crash Network

2. network and internet settings crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network and internet settings crashing: when i open the available networks in my task bar it fails to load any and closes on its own.i've also tried connecting to wifi through the settings method and it fails to connect each time or does not bring up the "connecting" prompt.i would love if someone can come up with...
  3. network and internet settings crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    network and internet settings crashing: when i open the available networks in my task bar it fails to load any and closes on its own.i've also tried connecting to wifi through the settings method and it fails to connect each time or does not bring up the "connecting" prompt.i would love if someone can come up with...
  4. Network Settings Crashing

Network Settings Crashing: So after last night's Windows update which failed my computer doesn't have Internet access. Network Settings crashes as soon as the window pops up, and I can't get LAN or WIFI to work. Device Manager shows all the adapters as functioning, and updating the drivers did nothing...
  5. Network Settings Crashing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Network Settings Crashing: So after last night's Windows update which failed my computer doesn't have Internet access. Network Settings crashes as soon as the window pops up, and I can't get LAN or WIFI to work. Device Manager shows all the adapters as functioning, and updating the drivers did nothing...
  6. network & Internet settings crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network & Internet settings crashing: HiI have a Windoows 10 64bit machine.When I select network & Internet settings the dialog opens then closes after few seconds without showing any options or populating the dialog boxLawrence...
  7. network & Internet settings crashing

network & Internet settings crashing: HiI have a Windoows 10 64bit machine.When I select network & Internet settings the dialog opens then closes after few seconds without showing any options or populating the dialog boxLawrence...
  8. network & Internet settings crashing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Network and Internet settings crashed immediately....

Network and Internet settings crashed immediately....: I couldn't see the available wifi divices name in my PC windows 10 for last one month. It only shows empty boxes instead of showing available wifi devices name. So I tried to access Network and Internet settings to see, what is wrong with that. But it crashed immediately get...
  10. Network and Internet Settings keeps on crashing

Network and Internet Settings keeps on crashing: My settings are opening alright, but Networks and Internet Settings are not working. On clicking, it shows a loading screen for a few seconds and then crashes. I needed to connect to my university VPN for which I installed the Cisco Anyconnect software. It was failing to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network setting keeps crashing