Windows 10: Windows 10 Settings Dark Mode

Discus and support Windows 10 Settings Dark Mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So, in the settings of my Windows 10 desktop, I turned on dark mode for all apps and for the default Windows system. However, whenever I use a theme in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by arianmasud, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Settings Dark Mode

So, in the settings of my Windows 10 desktop, I turned on dark mode for all apps and for the default Windows system. However, whenever I use a theme in Google Chrome, the search bar remains white while the rest of the browser is black i.e. the settings page, home page, YouTube, etc.. This did happen before, but when I changed the color settings of the system, the search bar would go back to its dark color. Also, when I use a regular black Chrome theme made by the Google Team, the search bar would be black. It is only when I use a different theme from the Chrome Extensions page that the search/navigation bar would remain white despite the Windows settings being in dark mode. I tried deleting Chrome and re-downloading it, but that didn't seem to fix the issue. What should I do?

:)

arianmasud, Apr 10, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10 Dark Mode Not Working

Hi kontkrabber

In Windows 10 version 1903, the Mode settings changed, please try this:

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to Personalization - Colors

Set 'Choose your Color' to Custom

Set Windows Mode to Dark

Set App Mode to Dark

If that does not work for you, toggle App Mode to light, then back to Dark . . .

If your settings are different to the above listed settings:

Click your Start Button, type winver and hit Enter

On the resulting dialog, what Version No. and build No. of Windows 10 are you running?

DaveM121, Apr 10, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows 10 dark mode

Hi abhgamer1

The Dark Mode in version 1809 was either on or off, Microsoft improved this in version 1903 . . .

Click your Start Button, type winver and hit Enter

On the resulting dialog, what Version No. and build No. of Windows 10 are you running?

Are you running version 1903 of Windows 10?

If not, click the link below, then click 'Update Now' on that page to immediately get 1903 and bring your PC right up to date

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

In version 1903, you will have more options with regards to Dark Mode and light mode

In version 1903 you can set Windows 10 Dark Mode and Apps to light Mode, then turn on Dark Mode for each app you want to be dark

Set the top option - Set 'Choose your Color to Custom

Then set Windows Mode to Dark and App Mode to Light

You can also set App Mode to light or dark separately form Windows Mode and there is a new feature in 1903, where form each Apps settings, you can individually set an app to either dark or light mode . ..

Windows 10 Settings Dark Mode 40de75a2-a290-4000-afac-ee8d0554962d?upload=true.png

DaveM121, Apr 10, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10 Settings Dark Mode

Dark mode / Light mode doesn't work

HiDerek

This was all caused by that new light theme in version 1903 of Windows 10, to revert everything to the settings prior to that update, here are the steps . ..

Set 'Choose your Color' to Custom

Set Windows Mode to Dark

Set App Mode to Light or Dark

Then that option to change the Taskbar color should be active . ..

You can also set App Mode to light or dark separately form Windows Mode and there is a new feature in 1903, where form each Apps settings, you can individually set an app to either dark or light mode . ..

Windows 10 Settings Dark Mode ea3fa415-d3b0-407f-8262-0fe5e937d827?upload=true.png

DaveM121, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Settings Dark Mode

1. Windows 10 Settings Dark Mode - Similar Threads - Settings Dark Mode

2. Windows 10 Dark Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Dark Mode: I had to do a clean install of Windows 10 on my Dell Inspiron 15-3558. After installation, I no longer have the option of Dark Mode. Is there a way to get this? My version of Windows 10 is 1511....
  3. Windows 10 Dark Mode

Windows 10 Dark Mode: Hi, Am can change dark mode color black change to dark gray & blue? Its high contrast ratio is too much. I am programming on the screen for hours. While the tools I use Sublime Text, Visual Code Studio their dark theme colors do not tire the eye at all, I feel a very...
  4. Windows 10 dark mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 dark mode: Look, it could just be me but the dark mode on Windows 10 is a little too dark for my tastes. don't get me wrong I think the dark mode is a great addition I just wish there was like an inbetween gray mode or something just a little bit lighter .. Like they could have done a...
  5. Dark Mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dark Mode: Try enable dark mode in Windows 10 but fail it said need admin right How to override this restriction ? please help submitted by /u/NorhoNor [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e5q4oy/dark_mode/
  6. Windows 10 Dark Mode Not Working

Windows 10 Dark Mode Not Working: I have currently Windows 1903. Dark mode does work on my second laptop but not my main laptop. The file explorer is not in dark mode. Dark mode is selected. I don't understand. Any help is appreciated....
  7. Windows 10 dark mode

Windows 10 dark mode: Hello, Long story short, I used to have dark mode on and it only affects settings menu, I had to format my laptop and reinstall windows 10, but the problem is, now when I turn dark mode on it affects pretty much everything (file explorer, browsers,...etc) Is there a way...
  8. Windows 10 Dark Mode Issues

Windows 10 Dark Mode Issues: Hey Guys, Windows now has Dark Mode which is AWESOME. It's working flawlessly on my Razer Laptop but I can't say the same for my desktop at work. I'm the admin account on it so there shouldn't be any sort of permissions issues. When I select dark mode on my Maingear...
  9. Dark Mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dark Mode: I was using dark mode before 1809, but with this update file explorer also has dark mode. It there any option to disable dark mode on that specific program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-mode/2aeb0166-6818-4a2f-88f2-e5f1001feee2"
  10. Windows 10 1809 Dark mode

Windows 10 1809 Dark mode: I updated to V 1809 last night and I am having issues with dark mode in file explorer and drop down dialog boxes. I have all the latest drivers. I searched online and I seem to be the only one with this problem. Please find attached pictures as to what I am talking about....