Windows 10: Windows 10 settings doesn't open.

Discus and support Windows 10 settings doesn't open. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I just updated to 1809 build. Every thing works fine but settings, It was working but after one restart, it just flashes for one second and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NavidAsefi, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Windows 10 settings doesn't open.

So I just updated to 1809 build.

Every thing works fine but settings, It was working but after one restart, it just flashes for one second and then nothing!

When I try to open it through personalize the error say: "ms-settingsWindows 10 settings doesn't open. :personalization-background this file does not have an associated with it performing this action. please install an app or, one is already installed, create an association in the default apps settings page".

I searched the internet and did:

• Creating new user
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • sfc /scannow
    • Reinstalling start via PowerShell
    • re-registering setting via PowerShell

but none of these worked.

Please Help!

:)

NavidAsefi, Oct 5, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 6, 2018
  3. skb_990 Win User
    my sign in options doesn"t open in settings.

Hii, my sign in options doesn"t open in settings. everything else works fine in settings. i just want to change sign in from password to passcode . It was working very good before. After new update in last month, it stopped working and after update it
    asked me to relogin but did not gave me the option to set 4 digit passcode .

skb_990, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Windows 10 settings doesn't open.

Why Edge doesn´t open any Google www-sites?

Why Edge doesn´t open any Google www-sites? I am able to open the same Google-sites with any other browsers.

kaulahuivi, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 settings doesn't open.

1. Windows 10 settings doesn't open. - Similar Threads - settings doesn't open

2. Settings Doesn't Open correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings Doesn't Open correctly: So, this is a weird issue. At a random point after keeping my PC on, I try to open Settings and it just gets stuck on this screen and then after about a minute, just crashes.I am almost convinced that it has something to do with an app starting up. Because when I open up...
  3. Settings Doesn't Open correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings Doesn't Open correctly: So, this is a weird issue. At a random point after keeping my PC on, I try to open Settings and it just gets stuck on this screen and then after about a minute, just crashes.I am almost convinced that it has something to do with an app starting up. Because when I open up...
  4. Windows 10 doesn't open settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 doesn't open settings: Ok, so i got a brand new laptop lenovo legion 5 and when i tried to open settings it just doesn't open. I've tried many things, i even reset the pc and it still has the same problem! Can someone please help? Thanks!...
  5. The Windows Settings app doesn't open - Windows 10

The Windows Settings app doesn't open - Windows 10: Hello. I can't open the windows settings app... My Windows version is: Version 2004 OS Build 19041.388 and the last update was on 7/17/2020: Update for Microsoft Windows KB4565503 please help me....
  6. Display Settings doesn't open

Display Settings doesn't open: So every time I try to open display settings it doesn't open and it just closes, I wasn't bothered by this until I actually had to go to it and change something. I need help, also this started since a year ago but I wasn't bothered like I am now. Gif of it:...
  7. "Devices" settings doesn't open

"Devices" settings doesn't open: Hello, I try to open the "Windows Settings" --> "Devices" but nothing happens. Another symptom is the notification bar not opening. Trying to opening it in other ways: I write "Printer" on start button, and open "Printer and Scanner" and it works, then I click "Bluetooth...
  8. settings doesn't lauch or open

settings doesn't lauch or open: settings doesn't lauch or open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-doesnt-lauch-or-open/0ae82581-def0-45a5-bcb3-b250dc93e68c
  9. Windows 10 settings doesn't open.

Windows 10 settings doesn't open.: So I just updated to 1809 build. Every thing works fine but settings, It was working but after one restart, it just flashes for one second and then nothing! When I try to open it through personalize the error say: "ms-settings:personalization-background this file does not...
  10. Settings doesn't open

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Settings doesn't open: Can't open settings. After lunch the sign show up and disappear in second. how to fix problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_start-windows_10/settings-doesnt-open/1aa6648e-b8d8-48dd-a9ca-ab4da3acb7ee