Windows 10: Windows 10 Settings doesn't recognize Bluetooth Dongle

Discus and support Windows 10 Settings doesn't recognize Bluetooth Dongle in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a CSR 4.0 Bluetooth dongle in one of my USB ports. I have been able to use it to connect to most IOT products but when I try to connect to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BIGBang13, May 14, 2019.

1. BIGBang13 Win User

Windows 10 Settings doesn't recognize Bluetooth Dongle

I have a CSR 4.0 Bluetooth dongle in one of my USB ports.

I have been able to use it to connect to most IOT products but when I try to connect to my Xbox One controller it is unable.

When I go into "Settings" & "Bluetooth" Windows tells me I do not have Bluetooth capabilities and need an external adapter.

How can I get Windows 10 to recognize my external adapter?

Thank you.

:)

BIGBang13, May 14, 2019
  2. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, May 14, 2019
  3. Bluetooth USB Dongle

Ok so here's a question. I had a revelation today that: "Duh, my keyboard/mouse is bluetooth, shouldn't that be the same thing?" My goal here is to get my new Motorola HT820 bluetooth headphones to work with on my computer.

Keyboard/Mouse is Logitech MX5500 Revolution, bluetooth wireless, came with a USB dongle that they connect through. I tried today to get the headset to work, and it won't receive sound. I can get it "connected," but with complications. I'm using Windows XP, have Setpoint 4.7, and I've tried the following:

-Changed the radio settings to a bluetooth hub instead of locked to the keyboard/mouse.

-Clicked "Connect Other Devices."

- Paired headphones with windows. Windows connects correctly, the device reads connections, windows shows it as "already connected" when I try to connect it again. I click on Control Panel -> Bluetooth Devices, and I see the "Motorola HT820" listed as "Passkey enabled," but it doesn't say "Connected" like the keyboard and mouse do. Also, audio does play on the headphones.

-Click on Properties on HT820, and then on services, it does not show any services at all.

- Searched around google, logitech, motorola websites & forums to answers or help, nothing. Closet I got was logitech's "Bluetooth FAQ" which has the following paragraph (http://www.logitech.com/lang/pdf/bluetooth/bluetooth-faq.pdf):

"3.6 How do I listen to music wirelessly with a Bluetooth headphone?
    All you need is a Bluetooth headphone and a media player such as iTunes or Windows Media Player 10. For optimal results, it is recommended you use a headphone with Bluetooth 2.0 Enhanced Data Rate, to benefit from the maximum bandwidth (up to 3Mb/s).
    Please refer to our online "How To" documents for step-by-step instructions related to your specific device (www.logitech.com/bluetooth/howto)." [That link transfers you back to the same pdf document - it's a circle]

-I tried to install latest Widcomm stack from broadcomm's website, but it says it's not compatible with this dongle.

-Called Logitech Tech Support - got a total jerk girl who straight up said "No i can't help you." And then wouldn't give me the time of day after that.

I've read on threads on Logitech forum that people are using this headset with logitech dongles. Any help getting this connected? I just don't want to have 2 bluetooth dongles connected when I rly only should need this one. Otherwise I guess I'll just purchase one of the ones above, and use that to connect my keyboard, mouse, and headphones all in one swoop.

Sidenote: anyone have experience/knowledge with behavior when 2 bluetooth USB dongles are connected to the same computer?

surfsk8snow.jah, May 14, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

USB-BT211 Mini Bluetooth Dongle | Networking | ASUS Global

• Support A2DP for Wireless Stereo Music Playback
    Edit: This is a dongle with old BT version I see now, but I'm sure you can find a Asus BT4.0 version.

Edit2:

@aasim1111 I have this one, it doesn't show that it supports A2DP in the specs but I think it'll work, otherwise send a mail to Asus and ask.
    USB-BT400 | Networking | ASUS Global

P4-630, May 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Settings doesn't recognize Bluetooth Dongle - Similar Threads - Settings doesn't recognize

2. Windows won't recognize USB Bluetooth Dongle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't recognize USB Bluetooth Dongle: I have a YMOO long-range Bluetooth USB transmitter. It is plug-and-play. I do not have internal Bluetooth. When I installed it a month ago, it worked fine. I removed it temporarily while I waited for new earbuds, but when I tried to reinstall it, Windows keeps saying...
  3. Windows won't recognize USB Bluetooth Dongle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't recognize USB Bluetooth Dongle: I have a YMOO long-range Bluetooth USB transmitter. It is plug-and-play. I do not have internal Bluetooth. When I installed it a month ago, it worked fine. I removed it temporarily while I waited for new earbuds, but when I tried to reinstall it, Windows keeps saying...
  4. Windows won't recognize USB Bluetooth Dongle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth dongle doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth dongle doesn't work: I have been tearing my hair out trying to fix a bluetooth connection problemMy Windows 10 Pro PC doesn't have bluetooth after running troubleshooter. So I followed the advice and bought a dongle. The donge is recognised in Device Manager but I still cannot connect my recently...
  6. Bluetooth dongle doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth dongle doesn't work: I have been tearing my hair out trying to fix a bluetooth connection problemMy Windows 10 Pro PC doesn't have bluetooth after running troubleshooter. So I followed the advice and bought a dongle. The donge is recognised in Device Manager but I still cannot connect my recently...
  7. Bluetooth dongle doesn't work

8. Bluetooth Dongle Not Recognized

Bluetooth Dongle Not Recognized: Hello. I purchased a 5.0 USB Bluetooth Dongle that Win10 does not recognize. It is a launchstudio no. 75270 dongle. There is no driver that comes with the dongle. Instead, the native Win10 drivers are supposed to work with this dongle. The drivers do not launch when I...
  9. USB Bluetooth (dongle) get Windows to recognize it as a sound device

USB Bluetooth (dongle) get Windows to recognize it as a sound device: I purchased a USB Bluetooth - it connects to Windows 10 professional without issue. I connect the Bluetooth to an inexpensive Bluetooth speaker The problem is that Windows 10 does not see or recognize the speaker attached via the bluetooth dongle as a sound device. Is...
  10. Bluetooth dongle not recognized on my computer

Bluetooth dongle not recognized on my computer: I got a bluetooth dongle, and it worked fine. It was cheap, but it did it's job. However, after a day or two of usage, Windows for some reason, doesn't want to recognize it anymore. At first I assumed it was because it was some cheap crappy dongle, but after some...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc wont recognise my 4.0 bluetooth dongle in device manager

2. usb works on pc but bluetooth dongle doesnt

3. windows doesnt recognize external bluetooth dongle

4. USB dongle doesnt work on upgrade to windows 10,
  5. pc doesnt recognise bluetooth dongle,
  6. bluetooth devices connected through a bluetooth dongle will not list as a bluetooth device in settings,
  7. win 10 not recognize my bluetooth transmitter,
  8. windows 10 doesnt recognise usb bluetooth dongle,
  9. windows doesnt recognize bluetooth adapter,
  10. doesnt recognize bluetooth dongle,
  11. usb bluetooth dongle dont recongnize,
  12. dongle dg40s windows10 doesnt recognize,
  13. theres no bluetooth on this pc but have a usb bluetooth dongle but doesnt seem to work?