Windows 10: Windows 10 settings freezes when I click Display

Discus and support Windows 10 settings freezes when I click Display in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been having issue with the windows 10 display option under settings. I tried using all the solutions on the Microsoft forums to no avail. I also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by maahirRahman, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Windows 10 settings freezes when I click Display

I have been having issue with the windows 10 display option under settings. I tried using all the solutions on the Microsoft forums to no avail. I also reset the PC to its factory settings, and that also didn't work however, I boot using safe mode it doesn't freeze. Need help

:)

maahirRahman, Aug 10, 2020

2. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Windows 10 settings freezes when I click Display

Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 settings freezes when I click Display

1. Windows 10 settings freezes when I click Display - Similar Threads - settings freezes click

2. Windows 10 update page freezes when clicked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update page freezes when clicked: My Windows 10 update page freezes when I click on anything other than "Check for updates". When I click on "View Update History" or "Advanced Options" or pretty much anything else, the window freezes and I cannot go back or do anything else. I can only close the page and...
  3. Windows 10 right clicking personalization or display settings not working!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 right clicking personalization or display settings not working!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bricks2920 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iepa47/windows_10_right_clicking_personalization_or/
  4. Settings > System - this window keeps disappearing when i click on it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings > System - this window keeps disappearing when i click on it: Start > Settings > System - this window keeps disappearing when i click on it. What Cant i access these settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-system-this-window-keeps-disappearing/c6414f1c-b63e-49fb-bab3-4f4ce5c127da
  5. Device settings freezes when I click on "Device Encryption"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Device settings freezes when I click on "Device Encryption": Like the subject line says - the Device Settings app freezes when I click on Device Encryption. I can still close the Device Settings app but can't click on anything else within Device Settings. No recent changes to my computer. Running W10 Home. Thanks for the help!...
  6. Windows 10 freezes when I click sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 freezes when I click sleep: Hello, I recently started having an issue where when I click the sleep button in the start menu on my desktop, my monitors turn off, but my computer does not actually go to sleep. When I press a button on my keyboard to turn the monitors back on, nothing happens, so I have...
  7. Windows 10 1809 Freezing when right click "New"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1809 Freezing when right click "New": Having an issues for sometime now where I can't right click and click "New", I used shell explore to disable all Non MS extensions and it is better where sometimes I can click new and it will work but always will fail on the first try. I see others reporting this issue and...
  8. Display settings always change when i duplicate displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display settings always change when i duplicate displays: This problem started occuring since i updated to 1809 version. I always used duplicate displays when watching movies on TV but since this update, when I duplicate tv is on 29hz so everthing on my monitor goes in 29hz also. I looked in advanced display settings and monitor...
  9. When I clicked setting - language addition button, the menu becomes freeze

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When I clicked setting - language addition button, the menu becomes freeze: 중국어 언어추가를 하고 싶은데 언어추가 버튼을 누르면 멈춰버립니다. 해결할 방법이 있을까요 .. When I clicked setting - language addition button, the menu becomes freeze. Any solution please...
  10. laptop freezes when i right click on documents

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop freezes when i right click on documents: not sure weather i am in the right place. this is all very confusing *Confused i have an acer laptop running on windows 10. every time i right click when i am in the documents folder, weather on pictures or music... anything, my laptop freezes and then goes black and...