Windows 10: Windows 10 settings freezing up and not responding

Discus and support Windows 10 settings freezing up and not responding in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There has a been a list of problems with my windows settings including: the search bar not responding, when I go into settings and click on "Network &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by brittrags, Apr 13, 2020.

1. brittrags Win User

Windows 10 settings freezing up and not responding

There has a been a list of problems with my windows settings including: the search bar not responding, when I go into settings and click on "Network & Internet" the window will freeze and not respond, when I go to "troubleshoot" under Update & Security it also freezes and doesn't respond.

I have tried restarting my laptop but the progress number stays at 1% and eventually freezes up as well, and I have also tried to use administration PowerShell to uninstall and reinstall the settings app.

Not sure what to do as I can't troubleshoot anything and that's all the answers I can find.

:)

brittrags, Apr 13, 2020
  2. hellrazor Win User

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Windows Folders Randomly Freezing and Not Responding

Once in a while, some of my windows folders, irrespective of the number of files and their size randomly freezes, then shows not responding and shuts down.

When i try and open them again they do the same. over and over.

the only solutions I have found to overcome this is.

1. Restart the System.
    2. Remove a few items from the folder.
    3. Change the Sort by/Group by Format of the folder.

Can anyone suggest what may be the source of the problem; and any solutions ?

Vigneswara Prabhu, Apr 13, 2020
  4. David Haz Win User

Windows keeps freezing up

Hi Brian,

If your computer is freezing, it could due to the operating system being outdated, or that some applications in your system is causing it to freeze, etc. For us to isolate the issue about Windows 10 freezing, kindly respond to the questions below:

• When does Windows 10 hangs/freezes? Is it after logging in to Windows? Or is it when you are using an application?
    • Are there any third-party applications installed on your computer?
    • Did you upgrade to Windows 10 from a previous version of Windows? If yes, which version of Windows was previously installed on your computer?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you check if there are updates that are waiting to be installed on your computer. If there are, kindly install them and restart your computer. After restarting, check if Windows 10 still freezes. Here's how
    to check for updates in Windows 10:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the
      Settings
      app.
    • From Settings, select Update & security >
      Windows Update
      , then select Check for updates.

We look forward to an update from you.

David Haz, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 settings freezing up and not responding - Similar Threads - settings freezing responding

2. Why does my settings on windows 10 freeze up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my settings on windows 10 freeze up: My computer has been bugging out recently, and today I've tried to go into settings to fully factory reset it but it doesn't allow me to even open the "Recovery" part of the settings app. I can't do anything on it because if I even click around it freezes up entirely. I've...
  3. Why does my settings on windows 10 freeze up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does my settings on windows 10 freeze up: My computer has been bugging out recently, and today I've tried to go into settings to fully factory reset it but it doesn't allow me to even open the "Recovery" part of the settings app. I can't do anything on it because if I even click around it freezes up entirely. I've...
  4. Task manager not responding, task bar freezes and setting start up menu not working with...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task manager not responding, task bar freezes and setting start up menu not working with...: Hello ,my Task manager is not responding every time I try to open it, along with it any other programs are not working properly such as settings , personalization and many others it shows ms-settings not found.My laptop is also taking an unusual time while starting on. It is...
  5. Window 10 constantly not responding / freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window 10 constantly not responding / freezing: When I open word or ppt on the desktop, everything will not respond and freeze. After about 10 seconds, the words and ppt can be run. Also, this happens when I visit the website....
  6. Settings window not responding

Settings window not responding: The settings app is not loading. only blank screen . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-window-not-responding/0cb97d84-8155-469e-86d1-1825b6c2554c
  7. Personalized Settings Not Responding in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Personalized Settings Not Responding in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you recently installed an update, and when you boot your computer and you see an error message – Personalized Settings (Not Responding), then some of these suggestions are sure to help you. This error can appear after installing an [...] This post...
  8. Window 10 Personnel Settings not responding

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 Personnel Settings not responding: I decided to re-install windows 10 Pro with the Windows media creator app, I made sure that I kept my apps and files. Now the computer hangs with a black screen and a box states Personnel Settings not responding. Tried repair start up but windows failed to repair. Tried...
  9. Windows 10 display settings not responding

Windows 10 display settings not responding: Windows 10 display settings not responding just showing settings surface and others option works fine i start into safe mode and its work fine when i turn back to normal mode the issue still remaining...
  10. Windows 10 freezing (not responding)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 freezing (not responding): I have recently downloaded and installed Windows 10 on my Asus ROG G20bm and it keeps freezing (not responding) when I leave it on idle to download a file (approx. 5GB) I have tried scanning for virus and malware but there are none. This happens almost once a day and I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update personalized settings not responding