Windows 10: Windows 10 Settings Instantly Crashes

Discus and support Windows 10 Settings Instantly Crashes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. So long story short, my new gaming laptop arrived this morning. First thing I did once powering up was install windows updates. It installed a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rustiness, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Rustiness Win User

Windows 10 Settings Instantly Crashes

Hello.

So long story short, my new gaming laptop arrived this morning. First thing I did once powering up was install windows updates. It installed a long list of updates and asked to restart like normal. When it booted back up I tried to check if there were any more updates but when trying to open the settings app it just closed instantly.

I've spent 8 hours today trying about 20 different possible solutions from google/Microsoft live chat and nothing has worked.

Please feel free to offer a solution and I'll try it again and let you know what happens/doesn't happen.

Cheers.

:)

Rustiness, Jul 2, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Settings Instantly Crashes

my "get windows 10 app" keeps on crashing

Hi Jaseem,

I suggest you to follow the steps given in the link below. A similar issue has been discussed.

'Get windows 10 app' crashes instantly after launching

'Get windows 10 app' crashes instantly after launching

Hope this helps, let us know the status.

PranavMishra5582, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Settings Instantly Crashes

1. Windows 10 Settings Instantly Crashes - Similar Threads - Settings Instantly Crashes

2. Windows 10, Settings opened then closes Instantly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, Settings opened then closes Instantly.: Whenever i try i opening settings after i had cloned windows onto my ssd it instantly closes. Do i have to delete the windows that was on my HDD?...
  3. Windows 10, Settings opened then closes Instantly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10, Settings opened then closes Instantly.: Whenever i try i opening settings after i had cloned windows onto my ssd it instantly closes. Do i have to delete the windows that was on my HDD?...
  4. Windows 10, Settings opened then closes Instantly.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Settings Windows 10 closes instantly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings Windows 10 closes instantly: I just restarted my pc and set up a new account. Now when I try to open settings it just closes instantly. I cant make a new account, that dosent work, help me please...
  6. Xbox Windows 10 app instant crashing on launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Windows 10 app instant crashing on launch: The Xbox Windows 10 app instantly crashes upon launching. Have tried reinstalling resetting and repairing non have worked. The app stays open in the system tray but instantly closes and wont stay open. All that shows is this screen briefly. [ATTACH]...
  7. windows programs instantly crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows programs instantly crashing: key windows features such as back up abilities and the ability to reset my PC crash on use as well as any programs aside from a handful such as Chrome,Discord and Steam thank you for any help which you may be able to provide...
  8. Settings app crashes and closes instantly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings app crashes and closes instantly: I have an expected problem here. I went to Settings > Personalisation > Colours but every time I click on custom colour, the app crashes for a few seconds and then closes instantly. I don't know what caused this but I really have to get it fixed. Can anyone give me any...
  9. Opening Activity History under Privacy settings crashes Settings app instantly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Opening Activity History under Privacy settings crashes Settings app instantly?: I'm just trying to turn it off. I tried redownloading all apps via Powershell already. submitted by /u/GenderJuicy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/er5zhu/opening_activity_history_under_privacy_settings/
  10. Windows 10 Settings keeps closing instantly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Settings keeps closing instantly: I installed Windows 10, but now when I try to open Settings, it appears then disappears instantly. I tried rebooting but it changed nothing. Also... when I right click and choose Personalize... it won't come up. Any way to fix this? 10959