Windows 10: Windows 10 Settings is Frozen/Unresponsive

Discus and support Windows 10 Settings is Frozen/Unresponsive in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am running Win 10 and I recently noticed that none of the Settings apps is working. When I click on the settings icon from the Start button the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PaulAubin, Nov 6, 2018.

1. PaulAubin Win User

Windows 10 Settings is Frozen/Unresponsive

I am running Win 10 and I recently noticed that none of the Settings apps is working. When I click on the settings icon from the Start button the Settings window opens but clicking on any of the icons in that window does nothing. If I right click on the task bar and select Taskbar Settings that window opens in a frozen state so that none of the buttons responds to the mouse. This seems to be a fairly common problem but I have yet to find a simple solution. Any help would be much appreciated.

I posted this question several weeks ago and was advised to run SFC and DISM which I did without resolution. When I told the agent that this did no resolve my problem there was no response. My thread was dropped.

I have seen this problem posted numerous times on this site so I know it is fairly widespread but so far I have yet to read about an actual solution. I don't know whether the problem has been too complex to solve or if Microsoft simply has bigger fish to fry. But without access to any of the items in Settings the functionality of Windows is extremely limited. This needs to be fixed.

:)

PaulAubin, Nov 6, 2018

2. Unresponsive Windows 10 (frozen) Settings, Windows Update and Windows Defender Functions

My problem posted on April 2 has not been resolved. The problem is that the “Settings” function of Windows 10 is unresponsive (frozen).
    This means that both the “Windows Update” and “Windows Defender” functions are also unresponsive (frozen).
    I have tried the Control Panel troubleshooting function to fix “Windows Update,” but it detects no problem.
    It is most disconcerting to not be able to successfully access directly either the “Settings” or the “Windows Update” to make sure that Windows 10 is being properly updated and maintained.

Dennis P_726, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Settings is Frozen/Unresponsive

Windows 10 Settings apps unresponsive

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you, Thank you so much for your valuable question please, I would suggest you to please see the below mentioned article and see solution given by Deepak Kodi if it helps. I am hopeful that your query will be resolved, If
    the issue persists kindly do let me know,waiting for your kind reply please.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Please let me know, if that helps and feel free to ask back any question.

Kind Regards:

Yasir

MALIK YASIRNAWAZ, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Settings is Frozen/Unresponsive

1. Windows 10 Settings is Frozen/Unresponsive - Similar Threads - Settings Frozen Unresponsive

2. Why is my Windows 11 frozen and unresponsive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my Windows 11 frozen and unresponsive?: So I just recently built a new pc. I am waiting on my gpu and I am currently using the integrated graphics on my cpu. Everything boots up fine and I already been downloading files but once I downloaded steam everything went frozen. Nothing will load up and I have to power it...
  3. Why is my Windows 11 frozen and unresponsive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my Windows 11 frozen and unresponsive?: So I just recently built a new pc. I am waiting on my gpu and I am currently using the integrated graphics on my cpu. Everything boots up fine and I already been downloading files but once I downloaded steam everything went frozen. Nothing will load up and I have to power it...
  4. why the taskbar gets frozen or unresponsive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why the taskbar gets frozen or unresponsive?: I have been encountering a problem where my taskbar becomes unresponsive, and I have to open Task Manager using Ctrl+Alt+Del. Subsequently, the taskbar returns to normal. I ran the System File Checker, which identified and successfully repaired some corrupted files. However,...
  5. Windows 10 Settings Unresponsive/Frozen/Auto Closed & Microsoft Apps Wont Sign-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Settings Unresponsive/Frozen/Auto Closed & Microsoft Apps Wont Sign-in: As the title suggest i have this problem.Windows 10 Settings Unresponsive/Frozen/Auto Closed & Microsoft Apps Wont Sign-inI've visited and tried methods provided in these...
  6. Windows 10 Settings Unresponsive/Frozen/Auto Closed & Microsoft Apps Wont Sign-in

Windows 10 Settings Unresponsive/Frozen/Auto Closed & Microsoft Apps Wont Sign-in: As the title suggest i have this problem.Windows 10 Settings Unresponsive/Frozen/Auto Closed & Microsoft Apps Wont Sign-inI've visited and tried methods provided in these...
  7. Windows 10 Settings Unresponsive/Frozen/Auto Closed & Microsoft Apps Wont Sign-in

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Unresponsive Taskbar + Frozen/Laggy Applications

Unresponsive Taskbar + Frozen/Laggy Applications: Hi all, I would be so grateful for any assistance with this issue. I have been experiencing an issue where my taskbar is unresponsive. This happens the first time that I boot my computer when it "wakes up" and even randomly when I am using the computer. When the taskbar...
  9. Window 10 Task Bar Frozen/Unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window 10 Task Bar Frozen/Unresponsive: Hi, I have been having this problem with windows 10 for a week now and just cant seem to figure out the solution. PROBLEM: The task bar at the bottom of windows 10 on my pc is frozen/unresponsive. The program icons which are normally there like Chrome and firefox are not...
  10. Unresponsive Desktop/Startup Repair Frozen

in Windows 10 Support
    Unresponsive Desktop/Startup Repair Frozen: I am having a really weird problem. I attempted to boot my computer up today, and I was greeted with a totally unresponsive desktop. No icons loaded except for the taskbar, and clicking anywhere on the taskbar does nothing. I tried a hard shutdown and I restarted to the same...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 settings unresponsive

2. settings frozen in windows 10

3. windows settings page unresponsive

4. default apps page unresponsive,
  5. settings is frozen windows 10,
  6. windows 10 unresponsive frozen,
  7. Windows setting unresponsive,
  8. windows update settings unresponsive,
  9. windows settings app unresponsive,
  10. settings frozen,
  11. windows 10 settings frozen,