Windows 10: Windows 10 settings keep resetting to defaults

Discus and support Windows 10 settings keep resetting to defaults in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! Specs: Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit Version: 1809 Language: JA So, I am working with a Japanese language system, and settings such as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Govinda Parasrampuria, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Windows 10 settings keep resetting to defaults

Hello!

Specs:

Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit

Version: 1809

Language: JA

So, I am working with a Japanese language system, and settings such as the privacy settings, lock screen settings etc. keep resetting EVERY FEW HOURS!

I am completely baffled by this behavior and can't seem to find a solution anywhere.

For example, the two settings in the below screenshot that keep resetting to off values prevent the system to store the history of the Run command.

Windows 10 settings keep resetting to defaults ab4e931d-810d-4b01-83ed-de747c406fce?upload=true.png

I tried to make a registry file and silently import it upon every boot using a batch file, but it hasn't been working at all for some reason.

Contents of the registry file are as follows:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]

"dontdisplaylastusername"=dword:00000000

"DisableCAD"=dword:00000001

"HideFastUserSwitching"=dword:00000001

"InactivityTimeoutSecs"=dword:00005460

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]

"ScreenSaveActive"="1"

"ScreenSaveTimeOut"="21000"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System]

"EnableActivityFeed"=dword:00000001

"PublishUserActivities"=dword:00000001

"UploadUserActivities"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]

"Start_TrackProgs"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International\User Profile]

"HttpAcceptLanguageOptOut"=dword:00000001

I would be extremely grateful if anyone could please provide a solution to my problem.

:)

Govinda Parasrampuria, Feb 26, 2020

2. How to reset Windows 10 settings to default?

Hi,

As per your concern, some settings on Windows 10 have default options. You can reset Windows 10 to its defaults app by following this steps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • On the left side, select Default app.

Windows 10 settings keep resetting to defaults ea3e6a93-7042-4c55-9b4e-a912780c3b97.png

• Under Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults, click Reset.
    Regarding your concern with default button on each setting, you have a great idea. We suggest that you share your comments on our Windows Feedback hub for us to improve our services. Simply type
    Windows Feedback on the Start menu.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Feb 26, 2020
  3. FAXA Win User
    Reseting monitor to default settings?

Is it possibel to reset the monitor to default settings?

My problem is that I accidently set the monitor to 100Hz, so it went black in windows. I can get into safe mode with no problems, but in normal mode the monitor stays black. Is it possible to set the Hz in safe mode? I can't access the NVIDIA control panel in safe mode, and the monitor properties say 'Use Defaults'.

Monitor model is: Dell D1226H.

Thanks

FAXA

4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 settings keep resetting to defaults

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 settings keep resetting to defaults

1. Windows 10 settings keep resetting to defaults - Similar Threads - settings keep resetting

2. Taskbar Settings Auto-hide keep resetting to default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Settings Auto-hide keep resetting to default: Hello,Whenever I restart my computer, the taskbar setting to "Automatically hide the taskbar" resets and defaults to off, and requires manually turning it back on. It is quite frustrating. I have looked for an answer but have not found one that was referring to Windows 11 and...
  3. How to Reset windows 10 to default settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Reset windows 10 to default settings?: I screwed around a bit too much, and i just need a fresh breath of air for my computer. submitted by /u/-Morgz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e59sxi/how_to_reset_windows_10_to_default_settings/
  4. A Service I've changed the default settings keeps resetting back to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    A Service I've changed the default settings keeps resetting back to default: There is a Service where I need the Log On property changed to "Local System account" with the allow service to interact with desktop checked. This is required for a program that needs to be run that connects to an external device. After some time it changes back to the...
  5. Reset Taskbar to Default Settings on Windows 10

Reset Taskbar to Default Settings on Windows 10: My Taskbar is suddenly staying on my screen when I go full-screen whilst watching a YouTube video, etc. In hopes of fixing the issue, I would like to know the default settings for the Taskbar, as there does not seem to be a, "reset to default settings" (or I just couldn't...
  6. Windows 10 keeps resetting default apps

Windows 10 keeps resetting default apps: At least once a week, I have to manually reset the default apps for Photos, Video, and PDF files. The keep getting reset to 'none'. It is not that they are being hijacked by a microsoft app, but rather they just lose the setting altogether. I do not use Edge at all, though...
  7. Windows 10 keeps reseting default apps

Windows 10 keeps reseting default apps: Hello, I'm a IT support technician in a group where we have several hundred of machines with windows 10 1709 Installed (16299.492). I have a problem with a few of them (not all) : Everytime we restart the PC, windows decides to revert the defaults app to default, IE .pdf...
  8. Defualt settings keep resetting to default....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defualt settings keep resetting to default....: I utilize Adobe Acrobat on a daily basis... more along the lines of around 100+ times a day, I'm opening PDF docs. Originally, Microsoft Edge was set for the default PDF viewer and web browser. I've gone into default setting and I've changed my PDF viewer to Adobe and Firefox...
  9. Reset AutoPlay Settings to Default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset AutoPlay Settings to Default in Windows 10: How to: Reset AutoPlay Settings to Default in Windows 10 How to Reset AutoPlay Settings to Default in Windows 10 AutoPlay lets you choose an action for different kinds of media when you plug in a device or insert media. You can set AutoPlay to open different kinds of...
  10. Windows 10 keeps defaulting to default settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 keeps defaulting to default settings?: I got a new laptop (Pavilion 17) and first time using windows 10. Problem 1 - I originally had to turn on scrolling for the click pad which was yesterday. Now today scrolling was turned off and I had to turn it back on again. Stopped using computer last night while it was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 keeps resetting to default settings