Windows 10: Windows 10 settings not showing in search

Discus and support Windows 10 settings not showing in search in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/fr0stehsnew [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f3z9xm/windows_10_settings_not_showing_in_search/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fr0stehsnew, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Windows 10 settings not showing in search

/u/fr0stehsnew, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Highdown Win User

Windows 10 Settings App Search Not working

Thank you for providing some suggestions.

I performed step 1, and at the end of the test, it reported "No changes or updates are necessary."

I then performed step 2 and received the same message at the end of the test.

After running the two tests above, I opened up Settings and typed "privacy", which should show some help categories (It does on my other Windows 10 computers). However, on the one computer there is no help information. It states "No result for privacy".
    It appears the Settings app help information list is empty or not found. Typing a single character, e.g., 'p', into the search box displays "No result for p".

Any further suggestions are welcome.

Is there a convenient way to have windows 10 try to repair itself without uninstalling my software and/or loosing all of my personal data.

Regards...

Highdown, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Notification Settings not showing Apps?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience. I will definitely assist you.

I appreciate the steps that you have done. I suggest you please follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Type notification on the search bar and click on
      notification & action settings.

• And click on select which icons appear on the taskbar.

• Turn on show app notification separately for each app.
    Hope this information helps, post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 settings not showing in search

Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 settings not showing in search

1. Windows 10 settings not showing in search - Similar Threads - settings showing search

2. Icons Not Showing In Windows 10 Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons Not Showing In Windows 10 Search: The icons for most applications won't show. It started happening a couple months ago, around the time I installed Google Drive. I have tried resizing my screen, resetting the Icon Cache, etc. Please help me!...
  3. "Startup Apps" not showing trough the windows search and in the settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Startup Apps" not showing trough the windows search and in the settings: Hello, a few days ago I noticed that I can't access my computer's startup apps from the windows search and trough the settings settings > apps > startup.I would love to get some help with that. Thanks alot.Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎01/‎12/‎2022 OS...
  4. "Startup Apps" not showing trough the windows search and in the settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Startup Apps" not showing trough the windows search and in the settings: Hello, a few days ago I noticed that I can't access my computer's startup apps from the windows search and trough the settings settings > apps > startup.I would love to get some help with that. Thanks alot.Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎01/‎12/‎2022 OS...
  5. Search bar not showing apps and settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar not showing apps and settings: From the last update in December the search bar is not showing the apps and the settings,i tried everything like restarting with the powershell script,restarting the service from Task Manager,running sfc /scannow,running DISM even running the troubleshooter but it doesn't...
  6. Search bar not showing apps and settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar not showing apps and settings: From the last update in December the search bar is not showing the apps and the settings,i tried everything like restarting with the powershell script,restarting the service from Task Manager,running sfc /scannow,running DISM even running the troubleshooter but it doesn't...
  7. Windows search not showing settings or apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search not showing settings or apps: I recently updated to V 2004 and so far I had no issues whatsoever and kept doing what I usually did normally. One day when I booted, I went to search for a specific setting only to discover that nothing showed up except some random files that had the letters I typed in. Even...
  8. Windows settings are not showing up on search

in Cortana
    Windows settings are not showing up on search: Hello, I just installed win10 today on my new SSD. But there is an issue I am facing on search. On my previous OS, when I search "Disk Management" it doesn't appear. Same for "Adjust ClearType text" and many things. Seeking for help....
  9. "Cortana & Search settings" not showing up in windows search

in Cortana
    "Cortana & Search settings" not showing up in windows search: I am trying to disable bing results when I search using the windows 10 search bar. Every article I have found saying how to do this says that I must search "cortana" in the search bar and click on the result that says "Cortana & Search settings". However, there is no result...
  10. Windows search showing wrong connected account in search settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows search showing wrong connected account in search settings: I'm on Windows 10 Pro 1903 using a local account that has multiple Microsoft accounts added to the email/calendar app. However on the new windows search, in the menu located on the top right hand corner next to feedback, it is showing connected accounts and there is one of...