Windows 10: windows 10 settings not working

Discus and support windows 10 settings not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hii, i have replaced my hdd with ssd on old laptop fresh install with no backup just to make sure it would work without issues. Pavilion g7-2361eb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NavricDL, Mar 6, 2021.

1. NavricDL Win User

windows 10 settings not working

hii,

i have replaced my hdd with ssd on old laptop fresh install with no backup just to make sure it would work without issues.

Pavilion g7-2361eb HP samsung 860 evo 1TB ssd, windows 10 pro it is installed but after a week, i could not open settings anymore tried many things did always get error called "ms:settings error" if i try open screen or background settings same would not open and give error message. i tried sfc:scannow tried all kinds off stuff.

with no luck all tests i could do came with OK or no issues detected using ms:..... in command prompt tells me this command does not exist.

i thought bad install so since then i have installed windows 3 more times and again after 1week or 1 week and half, i can't use windows apps groove music ect, settings does not open also start menu stopped working. i have deleted all partitions and did a format off the ssd reinstalled windows still same issues all drivers are up to date that i can see in device manager. windows live chat support replaced my account this repaired my start menu works but settings still death. they too tried all i already had done with same results nothing working but also nothing to be found corrupted they tried to run "windows 10 setup" but this stops working below 5% had it stuck on 1% on 3% on 4% and twice on 5% error given error 0x8007045d. windows live chat said my hardware drivers are in need off a update there is some communication issue between Hp hardware and windows10 drivers last drivers i could find are for win8.1 and those i have. I did not find updates for firmware it is what needs to be upgraded has been said to me. HP support is a pain in the **** to contact i have been doing this **** for past 3 months only thing i got working thanks to live chat Microsoft support is start menu....

all commands who uses <MS:> do not work all repair tools from windows at start up do not find issues and repairs do not help

updates dont work given error code.

reinstall is a temporary fix

account has been replaced start menu works because of this.

ms-settings:display on this file has not been an app allocated

clicking settings does nothing

different apps do not open/respond

how can i know if hardware is at fault? what can i do too find new firmware without getting HP to answer me?

are there other ways to fix these issues?

:)

NavricDL, Mar 6, 2021
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 6, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 6, 2021
  4. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

1. windows 10 settings not working - Similar Threads - settings working

2. Stuck on setting up your device for work or school

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on setting up your device for work or school: I'm stuck on setting up your device for work or school.When I load into the pc it instantly brings me to the page where I have to connect the pc to the network and on the next site theres 'setting up your device for work or school'.The pc is from my old school but I dont go...
  3. Stuck on setting up your device for work or school

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on setting up your device for work or school: I'm stuck on setting up your device for work or school.When I load into the pc it instantly brings me to the page where I have to connect the pc to the network and on the next site theres 'setting up your device for work or school'.The pc is from my old school but I dont go...
  4. Event Log local policy settings not working properly in W11 23H2, security log filing up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Log local policy settings not working properly in W11 23H2, security log filing up.: Hi All,We're in the process of setting up our W11 deployment process and one of the options we're looking at is deploying W11 as an upgrade to W10 through SCCM. However, we've come across an odd issue as part of our testing.For fully up-to-date W11 23H2 deployments either as...
  5. Event Log local policy settings not working properly in W11 23H2, security log filing up.

Event Log local policy settings not working properly in W11 23H2, security log filing up.: Hi All,We're in the process of setting up our W11 deployment process and one of the options we're looking at is deploying W11 as an upgrade to W10 through SCCM. However, we've come across an odd issue as part of our testing.For fully up-to-date W11 23H2 deployments either as...
  6. Action center not working, not being able to press the 'Devices' option in settings.

Action center not working, not being able to press the 'Devices' option in settings.: Hi! So i've run into a problem where i've followed all the instructions on here on how to fix my action center, didn't work. Basically what happens is, when i press it the gray unloaded window of it appears on my screen for a split second. Then it disappears. I tried...
  7. Action center not working, not being able to press the 'Devices' option in settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action center not working, not being able to press the 'Devices' option in settings.: Hi! So i've run into a problem where i've followed all the instructions on here on how to fix my action center, didn't work. Basically what happens is, when i press it the gray unloaded window of it appears on my screen for a split second. Then it disappears. I tried...
  8. Action center not working, not being able to press the 'Devices' option in settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. My PC wont shutdown, taskbar wont show, power button wont work, settings wont load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC wont shutdown, taskbar wont show, power button wont work, settings wont load: Yo my pc wont shut down I tried through windows and even the button on the case but it wont work Settings doesnt load And i had a black screen Now home button doesnt work, task bar wont show up, and wallpaper is just black I have 2 lights on my case next to the power button...
  10. My PC wont shutdown, taskbar wont show, power button wont work, settings wont load

My PC wont shutdown, taskbar wont show, power button wont work, settings wont load: Yo my pc wont shut down I tried through windows and even the button on the case but it wont work Settings doesnt load And i had a black screen Now home button doesnt work, task bar wont show up, and wallpaper is just black I have 2 lights on my case next to the power button...