Windows 10: Windows 10 Settings page isn't showing Account Name (Left Side) and Windows Update Status...

Discus and support Windows 10 Settings page isn't showing Account Name (Left Side) and Windows Update Status... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lost_words [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lost_words, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Settings page isn't showing Account Name (Left Side) and Windows Update Status...

/u/lost_words, Apr 4, 2021

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Apr 4, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 4, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Settings page isn't showing Account Name (Left Side) and Windows Update Status...

Windows 10 Mail app - don't show account name on left

Hello, I'm setting up a new W10 laptop for my mum.

In the standard Mail app I've linked her IMAP account successfully.

The name of the account (with unread messages count) shows on the left pane, above the list of folders.

Is it possible to hide the account name from the left pane? She only has one account and keeps clicking the account name instead of the inbox.

Thanks!

brainaddled, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Settings page isn't showing Account Name (Left Side) and Windows Update Status...

1. Windows 10 Settings page isn't showing Account Name (Left Side) and Windows Update Status... - Similar Threads - Settings page isn't

2. Microsoft Account name not showing in settings window

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account name not showing in settings window: So i'm having a rather weird problem. I recently made a Microsoft account but when i switch from my Local account to the Microsoft account, in settings my email doesn't appear in the above left corner in the window just as my name appears on the local account. On the...
  3. Windows 10 Settings Header not showing Account name and Picture.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Settings Header not showing Account name and Picture.: Hello, after 20H2 update the new settings header appeared, but it does not show my account name / picture. Any clue how to fix this? Im signed in with my Microsoft account. I even tried to create local account and switching back to Microsoft account but nothing.. [ATTACH]...
  4. Windows 10 Mail app - don't show account name on left

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail app - don't show account name on left: Hello, I'm setting up a new W10 laptop for my mum. In the standard Mail app I've linked her IMAP account successfully. The name of the account (with unread messages count) shows on the left pane, above the list of folders. Is it possible to hide the account name from the...
  5. "Show windows side by side"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Show windows side by side": "Show windows side by side" putting two or more windows side-by-side on the screen, but stacking them. Obvious error. Is there a fix to this? If so,, how do I get access to this fix? If not, when could I expect a fix? I used "Show windows side by side" frequently in...
  6. Show windows side by side and stack window feature isn't working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show windows side by side and stack window feature isn't working in Windows 10: Every time I run it, it does /show different things... usually wrong or bad, like the one in the screenshot. Is there any way to fix it? It's so annoying, it's one very basic function.... how is it not working PS: only one virtual desktop was open, and I tried many times:...
  7. Windows Update Settings Shows a Blank Page

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Settings Shows a Blank Page: I don't remember when this started. Every time I open Settings, the WU page shows a blank page. Sometimes, it just closes the page/window when I click on WU, but this is rare. I've been searching for a solution to this issue. I notice that people have been reporting it...
  8. Windows Update Settings Shows a Blank Page

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Update Settings Shows a Blank Page: I don't remember when this started. Every time I open Settings, the WU page shows a blank page. Sometimes, it just closes the page/window when I click on WU, but this is rare. I've been searching for a solution to this issue. I notice that people have been reporting it...
  9. Hide or Show Pages on Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Pages on Settings in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Pages on Settings in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Pages from Settings in Windows 10 The Control Panel. Settings is organized into separate System, Devices, Network & Internet, Personalization, Apps, Accounts, Time & language, Gaming, Ease of...
  10. Show Windows Side by Side in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show Windows Side by Side in Windows 10: How to: Show Windows Side by Side in Windows 10 How to Show All Open Windows Side by Side in Windows 10 In Windows, you can use the show windows side by side option to arrange all your open windows to be side by side with each other. If you have more than one...