Windows 10: Windows 10 Settings Page

Discus and support Windows 10 Settings Page in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I pressed something accidentally and the top of my "Settings" page in Windows 10 now has a large bar that includes the following headings/information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bear928, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Bear928 Win User

Windows 10 Settings Page

I pressed something accidentally and the top of my "Settings" page in Windows 10 now has a large bar that includes the following headings/information -- "Local Account" "One Drive" and "Windows Update." The top of the page previously just said "Windows Settings" and now I have this bar that takes up about a quarter of the page. Does anyone know how to get rid of the bar? Tx

:)

Bear928, Sep 20, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 20, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 20, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Settings Page

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

For those who just need to enable Dolby Digital Live 5.1 for your realtek sound card here is complete manual. Works for me in Win 10 Creators update (1703). Easy installation if you do not need these Dolby things just allow DDL 5.1

Here is the post #27
    https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...by-digital-live-dts-interactive.228612/page-2
    and here is the link for Realtek R2.80 driver doownload (can not be found on Realtek official site)
    MEGA

You also need to enable Test mode before installation of the driver.

Enable Test mode:

Step 1. Open the Windows command promt as "Run as Administrator".

Step 2. Run "bcdedit -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS" (without the "").

Step 3. To finalize the process run "bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON" (without the "").

Step 4. Reboot and you're done.

To disable it do step 1 and run these commands on step 2 and 3:

Step 2. "bcdedit -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS" (without the "")

Step 3. "bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF" (without the "")

Then do step 4 and you're done.

Then you can continue to installation of the driver.

I hope I helped you, if any questions, ask here I'll try to answer you if I'll be able.

dargissimo, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Settings Page

1. Windows 10 Settings Page - Similar Threads - Settings Page

2. Suddenly Bengali font styles has changed in web pages and applications, how can I set font...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suddenly Bengali font styles has changed in web pages and applications, how can I set font...: Suddenly Bengali font styles has changed in web pages and applications, how can I set font like the "logo of the Wikipedia" or to default? Previously it was like as shown in the first image....
  3. Suddenly Bengali font styles has changed in web pages and applications, how can I set font...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly Bengali font styles has changed in web pages and applications, how can I set font...: Suddenly Bengali font styles has changed in web pages and applications, how can I set font like the "logo of the Wikipedia" or to default? Previously it was like as shown in the first image....
  4. Why can't I use the "start settings" page to change to my partner's document set up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I use the "start settings" page to change to my partner's document set up?: Why can't I use the "start settings" page to change to my partner's document set up? The message given is something like "Preparing Windows." Then the screen just rolls and eventually goes black. We changed to this computer about 18 months ago and used a Western Digital...
  5. Why can't I use the "start settings" page to change to my partner's document set up?

Why can't I use the "start settings" page to change to my partner's document set up?: Why can't I use the "start settings" page to change to my partner's document set up? The message given is something like "Preparing Windows." Then the screen just rolls and eventually goes black. We changed to this computer about 18 months ago and used a Western Digital...
  6. How can I get my windows account back, now that I’m on the set up page for windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get my windows account back, now that I’m on the set up page for windows 10: When I first started playing I had some issues with some games so I went to the bios page, and couldn’t get out of there, so then I downloaded windows back again with the same usb. Now I’m at the start up pc page, I’m wondering how I can log in to my windows account back...
  7. How can I get my windows account back, now that I’m on the set up page for windows 10

How can I get my windows account back, now that I’m on the set up page for windows 10: When I first started playing I had some issues with some games so I went to the bios page, and couldn’t get out of there, so then I downloaded windows back again with the same usb. Now I’m at the start up pc page, I’m wondering how I can log in to my windows account back...
  8. How can I get my windows account back, now that I’m on the set up page for windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Why the windows 11 activation page in setting never loads?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why the windows 11 activation page in setting never loads?: Months ago my windows 11 product key expired or something. So I wanted to reactivate. But I mistakenly used a windows 10 key. Then tried again to reactivate using a windows 11 key but since then the activation page just loads and loads. What's happening here?...
  10. Why the windows 11 activation page in setting never loads?

Why the windows 11 activation page in setting never loads?: Months ago my windows 11 product key expired or something. So I wanted to reactivate. But I mistakenly used a windows 10 key. Then tried again to reactivate using a windows 11 key but since then the activation page just loads and loads. What's happening here?...