Windows 10: Windows 10 Settings Problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Settings Problem in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Everything was working fine until this morning. I started up Outer Worlds and noticed my Freesync wasn't working, so I turned it off and on in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DoombotBL, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Settings Problem

Everything was working fine until this morning. I started up Outer Worlds and noticed my Freesync wasn't working, so I turned it off and on in my monitor settings and then went to AMD Radeon Settings and made sure it was on too. For some reason somewhere along the way I ended up on my desktop in between doing things and noticed it was running at 60hz (which is weird because I set it to 144hz after clean installing Windows recently). So I go to Windows Settings and display settings and changed it to 144hz. Then went back into the game and Freesync still didn't work.

I shut it down and tried to turn it off and on on my monitor and checked Radeon Settings again. Then when I went to go check things on display settings under Windows Settings my the window would not open. It shows it as open on the task bar but the window stays minimized no matter what I do. I've tried to use various fixes for non functional or unresponsive Windows Settings app online but nothing works.

I'm about to reset my Windows installation altogether and have to install all my programs again. Before I do I want to know if anyone here knows a solution to this.

submitted by /u/DoombotBL
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DoombotBL, Nov 6, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Settings Problem

Sound card amplification settings

Yeah unfortunately ASUS and Realtek are not stepping up and fixing this it seems. Wherever I see such problems mentioned on forums some users are suggesting just uninstalling the Realtek driver and using the Windows audio driver.

Frag Maniac, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Settings Problem

1. Windows 10 Settings Problem - Similar Threads - Settings Problem

2. I am using W10. I set screen resolution to 1024*768. Problem is psionline.com after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am using W10. I set screen resolution to 1024*768. Problem is psionline.com after...: screen resolution when I change to 1024*768 on my laptop. When psionline.com's do system check it tells me ;failed 973*730 is not supported. Didn't recognized my changes is it problem with W10 or with psionline.com have bug...
  3. I am using W10. I set screen resolution to 1024*768. Problem is psionline.com after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am using W10. I set screen resolution to 1024*768. Problem is psionline.com after...: screen resolution when I change to 1024*768 on my laptop. When psionline.com's do system check it tells me ;failed 973*730 is not supported. Didn't recognized my changes is it problem with W10 or with psionline.com have bug...
  4. I am using W10. I set screen resolution to 1024*768. Problem is psionline.com after...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. This is a question about input method settings, as detailed in the problem description below.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This is a question about input method settings, as detailed in the problem description below.: When I use the Chinese Input Method, the icon in the red box is not aligned with the icon above it, or I would like to be able to remove the icon in the red box and just leave the character ""....
  6. This is a question about input method settings, as detailed in the problem description below.

This is a question about input method settings, as detailed in the problem description below.: When I use the Chinese Input Method, the icon in the red box is not aligned with the icon above it, or I would like to be able to remove the icon in the red box and just leave the character ""....
  7. This is a question about input method settings, as detailed in the problem description below.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. MS tech can't fix my Win 11 problem - can I set up dual boot and will I have access to all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS tech can't fix my Win 11 problem - can I set up dual boot and will I have access to all...: Problem - tiny text at top of screen and all popups.Spent over 7 hrs with 8 different MS Win 11 tech people and problem not solved.Would like to set up dual boot to Linux - if so, will I have access to all my files AND programs?If Linux solves the problem, can I then delete...
  9. MS tech can't fix my Win 11 problem - can I set up dual boot and will I have access to all...

MS tech can't fix my Win 11 problem - can I set up dual boot and will I have access to all...: Problem - tiny text at top of screen and all popups.Spent over 7 hrs with 8 different MS Win 11 tech people and problem not solved.Would like to set up dual boot to Linux - if so, will I have access to all my files AND programs?If Linux solves the problem, can I then delete...
  10. this is the problem I have found with Windows 11 settings page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this is the problem I have found with Windows 11 settings page: this is the issue I have noticed. I don't know if anyone else can relatesay you have a config page. this config page has settings for 4 different items3 of those items are a basic 1 setting, on or off1 of those items contains 5 settings, and each of those settings has 2...