Windows 10: Windows 10 Settings Refuses to open

Discus and support Windows 10 Settings Refuses to open in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone, This has been occuring for a few months now and I am getting sick of it. My settings app refuses to open as when I try it will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zelderp_, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Zelderp_ Win User

Windows 10 Settings Refuses to open

Hello everyone,

This has been occuring for a few months now and I am getting sick of it.

My settings app refuses to open as when I try it will flash the settings screen and automatically close it. I have tried using command prompt, win + I, going into the app settings which also refuses to open and using admin to open. None of which worked and I can't manually update my computer to 2004 from 1909. I have included my update history and am seeking help. Please respond with helpful answers and possible solutions that don't require me to wipe my hard drive for the 2nd time.

Windows 10 Settings Refuses to open 6c5619d3-ad9a-4fe3-9887-9db6b8a92da8?upload=true.png

:)

Zelderp_, Aug 31, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 31, 2020
  3. settings refuses to open

Does it crash when opening from the Start (cog icon) and when searching for "Settings app" in Cortana?

Can you check if the Settings actually closes;

1. Click on Settings even though it will disappear.

2. Right click bottom of screen (taskbar) and select Task Manager. It should open in the Processes tab.

3. See if Settings is displayed in the list of processes.

The common solution provided in the forum is creating a new user account. The steps are here ->

Settings doesn’t launch, or launches the Store instead

Yasshiel Zhang, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Settings Refuses to open

Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Settings Refuses to open

1. Windows 10 Settings Refuses to open - Similar Threads - Settings Refuses open

2. Windows 10 settings refusing to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 settings refusing to open: So I've been facing some issues with my settings these past few weeks, every time I try to open it it just automatically closes, at the start I've had problems with stuff inside settings not workingdata usage not appearing, windows updates not working but now the entire app...
  3. Windows 10 settings refusing to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 settings refusing to open: So I've been facing some issues with my settings these past few weeks, every time I try to open it it just automatically closes, at the start I've had problems with stuff inside settings not workingdata usage not appearing, windows updates not working but now the entire app...
  4. Windows 10 settings refusing to open

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Programs refuse to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs refuse to open: Ok so, I've been having this issue for a while now and I have no idea what is happening. So far. for a couple of my programs refuse to open. Whether I double click on them, run as administrator, make shortcuts. etc. I've tried everything but they refuse to open. They do not...
  6. Programs refuse to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs refuse to open: Ok so, I've been having this issue for a while now and I have no idea what is happening. So far. for a couple of my programs refuse to open. Whether I double click on them, run as administrator, make shortcuts. etc. I've tried everything but they refuse to open. They do not...
  7. Programs refuse to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. The privacy window under the settings tab refuses to open

in Windows 10 Customization
    The privacy window under the settings tab refuses to open: I used SFC /scannow in 'safe mode with cmd'. It claimed to have fixed whatever was supposedly corrupted, but it still won't open. In fact, NONE of the screens under the privacy tab are opening. I have no idea what's going on. The image below shows the window screen I'm...
  9. Malwarebytyes refuses to open

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytyes refuses to open: Hello I wonder if anyone can shed any light on why I see the following message in Windows Event Viewer: [img] At the same time, Malwarebytes will not open when launched so I cannot check its settings for scans or anything else. Yet its icon appears in the System Tray...
  10. Windows Store Refusing to Open Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store Refusing to Open Windows 10: I have been having this problem for almost 2 months now. I have been on and off trying to find a way to fix this issue and nothing I am trying has fixed my issue at all. I've looked online and combed multiple posts of people with the same or similar issue as myself, and I...