Windows 10: Windows 10 Settings reset to default after reboot

Discus and support Windows 10 Settings reset to default after reboot in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If Windows 10 keeps resetting all your settings to default, then here are a few things you need to take a look at. Imagine all setting rest to default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 7, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Windows 10 Settings reset to default after reboot

If Windows 10 keeps resetting all your settings to default, then here are a few things you need to take a look at. Imagine all setting rest to default automatically every time you shut down or restart your computer. A few users have been complaining about the issue. Let’s see how we can fix it.

Windows 10 Settings reset to default after reboot Windows-10-Settings-Reset.png

The solutions that can fix automatic resetting of settings to default problem on Windows 10 after every shutdown or restart are:

1. Run SFC and DISM Scans
    2. Run Startup Repair
    3. Create a New User Account with Administrative Privileges
    4. Check if this happens in Clean Boot State
    5. Uninstall any Update or Program that you may have installed
    6. Run System Restore
    7. Repair Windows 10 using Installation Media or Media Creation Tool.

Let’s deep dive into each method and see how they are done. Before you begin, you may want to Check for Updates and install them if they are available.

1] Run SFC & DISM Scans

Windows 10 Settings reset to default after reboot Run-System-File-Checker.jpg

SFC (System File Checker) and DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management) are two power tools on Windows 10 that can fix the majority of issues that occur on your computer. They use files from updates to replace any broken files that are causing you errors.

They can fix almost every error that occurs on your PC. First, run SFC Scan and then run DISM Scan.

You can find more detailed info and procedure on running SFC Scan in the below link.

After running the SFC Scan, run DISM Scan. This will help repair a corrupted system image.

Windows 10 Settings reset to default after reboot dism-cleanup.jpg

After the scan processes are complete, restart your PC. Any errors that are causing your system settings to rest automatically might be fixed by now.

2] Run Startup Repair

Windows 10 comes with a great feature called Automatic Startup Repair. It will fix any Windows-related troubles and fixes them automatically when we run it.

Use it and see. It should fix the automatic reset of settings after reboot. If the problem is still not solved, try the fixes below.

Related: Windows 10 Settings not opening or working.

3] Create a New User Account with Administrative Privileges

Another possible reason for the error to occur in the first place is may be due to a corrupted user profile. To fix that, you need to create a new user account with administrative privileges. This will help you fix the error and use your PC normally.

You can create a new user account with administrative privileges through Accounts in Settings.

After creating the new user profile, check if the issue is resolved by restarting your PC.

Alternatively, restart your PC 4 times in a row to remove a temporary profile problem – see if this helps.

4] Check if this happens in Clean Boot State

Clean Boot State is used to diagnose and troubleshoot advanced Windows problems. Ie helps in knowing if the problem on your PC is caused by errors on Windows or any other program you have installed. In Clean Boot State, only the essential programs and drivers run.

Check if the settings reset automatically even in Clean Boot State. If not the error is caused by a program you have installed.

5] Uninstall any Update or Program that you may have installed

Windows settings might have been resetting to default due to any update or program you have installed last. Try to remember all the programs you have installed before the error occurred and uninstall them. It might solve the issue and make your PC behave normally without resetting the settings to default.

6] Run System Restore

System Restore is a very useful feature in Windows 10 that allows PC users to revert to an earlier point in time when the operating system was functioning properly without issues. Running it will fix the problem of automatic reset of settings to default after a reboot.

This should fix your problem.

7] Repair Windows 10 using Installation Media or Media Creation Tool

This is the last method you can try to fix Windows 10 settings automatic reset after reboot.

You can repair Windows 10 using Installation Media.

These are the fixes that can fix the automatic reset to default settings. If you have any suggestions or doubts, please do comment below.

Read: Microsoft Edge keeps Auto-resetting on Restart.

Windows 10 Settings reset to default after reboot Windows-10-Settings-Reset.png
    This article Windows 10 Settings reset to default after reboot first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 7, 2021

2. How to reset Windows 10 settings to default?

Hi,

As per your concern, some settings on Windows 10 have default options. You can reset Windows 10 to its defaults app by following this steps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • On the left side, select Default app.

Windows 10 Settings reset to default after reboot ea3e6a93-7042-4c55-9b4e-a912780c3b97.png

• Under Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults, click Reset.
    Regarding your concern with default button on each setting, you have a great idea. We suggest that you share your comments on our Windows Feedback hub for us to improve our services. Simply type
    Windows Feedback on the Start menu.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, May 7, 2021
  3. FAXA Win User
    Reseting monitor to default settings?

Is it possibel to reset the monitor to default settings?

My problem is that I accidently set the monitor to 100Hz, so it went black in windows. I can get into safe mode with no problems, but in normal mode the monitor stays black. Is it possible to set the Hz in safe mode? I can't access the NVIDIA control panel in safe mode, and the monitor properties say 'Use Defaults'.

Monitor model is: Dell D1226H.

Thanks

FAXA

FAXA, May 7, 2021
  4. newfellow Win User

How to reset whole netsh? (Windows 7)

Was wondering has the commands changed somehow since on Windows XP and on Windows Vista 'NETSH INT RESET ALL' cleaned entire netsh up from top to bottom.

Now on Windows 7 this same command says no go and only way I can see it is by building .cmd/.bat which does something like:

Code: netsh winsock reset all netsh int 6to4 reset all netsh int ipv4 reset all netsh int ipv6 reset all netsh int httpstunnel reset all netsh int isatap reset all netsh int portproxy reset all netsh int tcp reset all netsh int teredo reset all[/quote] now the king of the hill of bugs is this doesn't actually do even it's job even after reboot. values setup to are not reset to defaults. (I know I could add more entire list of entries there is, but looking for clean delete/wipe settings & default everything not to dump entire list of resets.)

So, anyone got a plan B?

newfellow, May 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Settings reset to default after reboot - Similar Threads - Settings reset default

2. Why does windows 10 reset my default audio after a reboot?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does windows 10 reset my default audio after a reboot?: Hi everyone! I changed. y microphone settings from the web camera microphone to my plantronics bluetooth headset and saved these. But later today I had to restart my computer and the settings defaulted back to the webcam version. Why would windows do this and is there a fix?...
  3. Default apps reset after every reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Default apps reset after every reboot: So out of the Blue, I noticed that Firefox wasn't my default browser anymore (it started asking about it again), so I went into the settings and set everything again (not just the browser, every default app) but after a reboot, Firefox asked me again so it clearly doesn't...
  4. Windows 10 resetting default programs on restart/reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 resetting default programs on restart/reboot: Hi, Windows 10 version 1909 OS Build 18363.720 It's been almost a month since Windows 10 resets all programs to its default Windows 10 programs automatically after restarting or shutting down the computer. This situation is very frustrating and annoying. It is not even...
  5. How to Reset windows 10 to default settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Reset windows 10 to default settings?: I screwed around a bit too much, and i just need a fresh breath of air for my computer. submitted by /u/-Morgz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e59sxi/how_to_reset_windows_10_to_default_settings/
  6. Windows 10 Reset but will not reboot after

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Reset but will not reboot after: Because of the update, my computer got stuck in the infinite loop of restarting and "PC did not start correctly" blah blah. So I decided to reset my PC because I have literally tried everything to fix the issue but could not do it. But now comes a new problem: my computer...
  7. Windows 10 resetting default programs on restart/reboot.

Windows 10 resetting default programs on restart/reboot.: There are a couple of programs that I like to have as my default programs, my Browser (Firefox) and my media player (VLC) and I can change them to be the defaults, BUT every time I restart or reboot my computer they get changed back to the windows defaults like Microsoft...
  8. Reset Taskbar to Default Settings on Windows 10

Reset Taskbar to Default Settings on Windows 10: My Taskbar is suddenly staying on my screen when I go full-screen whilst watching a YouTube video, etc. In hopes of fixing the issue, I would like to know the default settings for the Taskbar, as there does not seem to be a, "reset to default settings" (or I just couldn't...
  9. Windows 10 start Menu resets to default after reboot

Windows 10 start Menu resets to default after reboot: Hello, i recently purchased new windows 10 laptop. Everything runs smooth however, whenever i try to change my menu layout or try to unpin applications from the start menu, it gets reset after rebooting the system. How can i fix this issue?...
  10. Reset AutoPlay Settings to Default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset AutoPlay Settings to Default in Windows 10: How to: Reset AutoPlay Settings to Default in Windows 10 How to Reset AutoPlay Settings to Default in Windows 10 AutoPlay lets you choose an action for different kinds of media when you plug in a device or insert media. You can set AutoPlay to open different kinds of...