Windows 10: Windows 10 Settings Search No Results

Discus and support Windows 10 Settings Search No Results in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When i try to search something in Windows 10's Settings at that search box nothing shows up, no results. Any solutions? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by POMihai, Jan 5, 2020.

1. POMihai Win User

Windows 10 Settings Search No Results

When i try to search something in Windows 10's Settings at that search box nothing shows up, no results.

Any solutions?

Windows 10 Settings Search No Results 860655ee-fd04-41cd-8405-db3497eb9484?upload=true.png

:)

POMihai, Jan 5, 2020

2. Start menu Search can't click on search results leading to Settings pages + Settings search results not loading

Hello Abhishek,

We regret the inconvenience and at the same time we appreciate the effort you have put in to resolve the issue. Let me assist you further.

From the description provided, I understand that you are experiencing functionality issues with Windows in the following areas:

• Search Results in the Settings pane do not work.
    • The Search results through Search Bar in Windows is unresponsive or sporadic when it comes to basic functionality.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to try the Search and Indexing troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that the Windows Search service is running, and checks to see whether you have the correct permissions
    to search all the directories on your computer.

Follow the steps given below to run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

• 1. Type Troubleshooting in the Search box
      from the desktop.

2. Select the Troubleshooting option.

3. Select View All option and select the Search
      and Indexing

4. Click on Next to perform the Search
      and Indexing troubleshooter
      and follow the steps.

Now, follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state or were irrecoverable, then I suggest you to try the following steps to deploy the DISM command lines:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click command prompt (Run as administrator).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Important: When you run this command, DISM uses Windows Update to provide the files that are required to fix corruptions.

• To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Click
      here
      for more information about running the DISM Tool.

Method 2

Lets try to narrow down the issue, if the issue is at a specific user level.
    I suggest you to check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different Local Administrator user account.

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Assuming that you are already logged on to your user account in Windows 10, click the Start button.
    • From the Start menu, click your name from the top of the left pane.
    • From the displayed options click Sign out.
    • From the login screen, click to the different user account you want to switch to.

However, if you do not have a separate user account, I suggest you to create another Local administrator user account by referring to the Microsoft article here: Set
    up accounts

Kindly keep us posted on the results for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 5, 2020
  3. Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      Windows 10 Settings Search No Results a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Jan 5, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 search not indexing Outlook 2013, no search results

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Let's diagnose the issue by referring to the following suggestion and check if that helps you.

First of all, I would suggest you to check if the
    Windows Search
    Service is running in Automatic mode under the list of Windows services. You can follow the steps to check and start the
    Windows Search again:

• Press Windows+R keys to open Run. Type “servces.msc” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • From the list of services, locate the Windows Search Support Service
      and Windows Search Service.
    • Right click on the Windows Search Service
      and then click on Properties.
    • Check if the service is running. If not, start the service and change the
      Startup type to Automatic.
    • Follow the same steps to start the Bluetooth service
      and change the startup type to Automatic.
    You can also try the following suggestion.

Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “View all” option from the left panel.
    • Select “Search and Indexing”.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Arul_D, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Settings Search No Results - Similar Threads - Settings Search Results

2. Search result in Settings problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search result in Settings problem.: So, the search result in Settings is not showed in my main profile, But the other profile, The search result in Settings is showed as you can see in the image. Can anyone help me?...
  3. Search result in Settings problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search result in Settings problem.: So, the search result in Settings is not showed in my main profile, But the other profile, The search result in Settings is showed as you can see in the image. Can anyone help me?...
  4. How to set Windows Explorer search result DEFAULTS in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to set Windows Explorer search result DEFAULTS in Windows 10: Hi all, This only started happening recently, but whenever I search for something in Windows Explorer on Windows 10 now, the results are delivered as View: Content and Sort: Name. If I change View to List or Details, and change Sort to Type, the next time I start another...
  5. Search Results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Results: When I search my Documents directory, I often get results from .css, .js etc when really all I want are folders, .html, .pdf How to I stop the .css, .js files appearing in the search results? I know I can apply filters afterwards but having to do so when all I want to do...
  6. Windows 10 Search Not Returning Results

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Not Returning Results: Hello, The Windows 10 Search function has stopped working. I checked online for the basic troubleshooting and nothing resolved the problem. I will list specifics of the system below. Thanks in advance to any assistance with this search issue. Windows 10 Pro is installed on...
  7. Path Column as permanent view setting in the Search result in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Path Column as permanent view setting in the Search result in Windows 10: When you search you always get the "Folder" Column. to Display the path you have to right click on the header and select more and select path. You have to do this everytime. Is there a regedit setting that makes that permanent? or is there another setting somewhere that makes...
  8. Search results not including settings, eg Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search results not including settings, eg Windows update: When I press the Windows key and type "update", "Windows update" isn't returned in the results list. It was working a few days ago. I might have tweaked indexing options (but the indexer is still active) but there is no button to return this to default (it may not be...
  9. search results - cannot save view settings

in Windows 10 Support
    search results - cannot save view settings: Hi, I have to ask this because this is the most frustrating issue on Windows 10 to me. It really needs an update to fix this. When searching in a folder, the search results view is always "Content". If I want "Details" view, I have to change to "Details" after every...
  10. Search box in Windows 10- No results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search box in Windows 10- No results: Hi When I open a folder in Windows 10 File Explorer, and I click on the search box and type in a folder that I want, It tells me NO ITEMS MATCH YOUR SEARCH But it's crazy because I can see the document I want right in front of me in that folder but when I try search it...