Windows 10: Windows 10 settings, searchbar, start menu, taskbar, windows key not working

Discus and support Windows 10 settings, searchbar, start menu, taskbar, windows key not working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi community,I just started using my home desktop after about 2 days out of town, and I'm encountering some serious issues getting any sort of basic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Michael Ding m28ding, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Windows 10 settings, searchbar, start menu, taskbar, windows key not working

Hi community,I just started using my home desktop after about 2 days out of town, and I'm encountering some serious issues getting any sort of basic functionality on the system. Similar to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-settings-taskbar-and-file-system-error/7890e71c-440d-4aec-804e-0e8ba53a360b, I also get 'File system error -2144927439' trying to open settings from the run dialog, and I had no luck in performing an in-place upgrade to fix this issue. I can't perform basic commands with the windows key such as opening up the settings using windows + i or op

:)

Michael Ding m28ding, Nov 30, 2021
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Nov 30, 2021
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Nov 30, 2021
  4. Naki Win User

Windows 10 settings, searchbar, start menu, taskbar, windows key not working

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Thema:

Windows 10 settings, searchbar, start menu, taskbar, windows key not working

1. Windows 10 settings, searchbar, start menu, taskbar, windows key not working - Similar Threads - settings searchbar start

2. Windows 10 settings, searchbar, start menu, taskbar, windows key not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 settings, searchbar, start menu, taskbar, windows key not working: Hi community,I just started using my home desktop after about 2 days out of town, and I'm encountering some serious issues getting any sort of basic functionality on the system. Similar to...
  3. Windows 10 settings, searchbar, start menu, taskbar, windows key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 settings, searchbar, start menu, taskbar, windows key not working: Hi community,I just started using my home desktop after about 2 days out of town, and I'm encountering some serious issues getting any sort of basic functionality on the system. Similar to...
  4. start menu searchbar spazes out and doesnt work

in Cortana
    start menu searchbar spazes out and doesnt work: last night my system kept waking up after i put it to sleep it did it twice thwn i shut it down. after i relaunched my pc a few hours later a lot of issues started to happen, first off my itunes and razer software corrupted because of some side by side issue, then my search...
  5. Start menu and taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start menu and taskbar not working: My system has lately been experiencing issues with the Start menu and taskbar. When I power my device on and click on the Start button, the menu doesn't appear. I can right click on the Start button or press Win + X to get to my properties, but left clicking does nothing. The...
  6. Windows 10 taskbar not working properly and can't access start menu or settings?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 taskbar not working properly and can't access start menu or settings?: My computer's taskbar hasn't been working properly for the past few days. Whenever I turn my computer on, the taskbar is completely frozen and missing all the icons (my cursor turns into the loading symbol when I move my mouse over it). I tried clicking on it, which will...
  7. Set Color on TaskBar and Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set Color on TaskBar and Start Menu: Why are some tiles gray and others blue? Can I set DVD player and weather gray too? [img] 25482
  8. Start Menu button & Windows Key not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu button & Windows Key not working: Hi, Am using Win-10 Education. For the last few days Start button and Windows Key have stopped working and I do not get the list of all programs and other icons from where I can go to other programs. What do I do ???? 55945
  9. Start menu, and taskbar not working in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu, and taskbar not working in windows 10.: Hi all I have a an Asus desktop PC running windows 10, my son was playing minecraft last night and said that firefox came up wityh an error message, and then the start menu and taskbar stopped working, also all of the icons have gone from the task bar and stardock fences...
  10. Windows Start Menu and Taskbar Don't Work

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Start Menu and Taskbar Don't Work: Hi, on occasion when I mouse over either the start bar or the taskbar it doesn't change colour like it usually does (the little blue background it changes to for instance) and it doesn't let me click on them. As well as this, it doesn't let me click on any window that isn't...