Windows 10: Windows 10 settings, searchbar, start menu, taskbar, windows key not working

Discus and support Windows 10 settings, searchbar, start menu, taskbar, windows key not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi community,I just started using my home desktop after about 2 days out of town, and I'm encountering some serious issues getting any sort of basic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Michael Ding m28ding, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Windows 10 settings, searchbar, start menu, taskbar, windows key not working

Hi community,I just started using my home desktop after about 2 days out of town, and I'm encountering some serious issues getting any sort of basic functionality on the system. Similar to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-settings-taskbar-and-file-system-error/7890e71c-440d-4aec-804e-0e8ba53a360b, I also get 'File system error -2144927439' trying to open settings from the run dialog, and I had no luck in performing an in-place upgrade to fix this issue. I can't perform basic commands with the windows key such as opening up the settings using windows + i or op

:)

Michael Ding m28ding, Nov 30, 2021
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Nov 30, 2021
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Nov 30, 2021
  4. Naki Win User

Windows 10 settings, searchbar, start menu, taskbar, windows key not working

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Thema:

Windows 10 settings, searchbar, start menu, taskbar, windows key not working

1. Windows 10 settings, searchbar, start menu, taskbar, windows key not working - Similar Threads - settings searchbar start

2. taskbar, start menu and settings app not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar, start menu and settings app not working: also everytime i start my pc a black screen shows up it takes around 5 minutes to start.ive tried every fix to these issues known to man and none of them worked, i dont know the root of the issue and this problem has plagued me for about a month if not longer...
  3. taskbar, start menu and settings app not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar, start menu and settings app not working: also everytime i start my pc a black screen shows up it takes around 5 minutes to start.ive tried every fix to these issues known to man and none of them worked, i dont know the root of the issue and this problem has plagued me for about a month if not longer...
  4. start menu and searchbar is frozen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu and searchbar is frozen: I'm having issue when I use that start button it won't work, same thing with the search bar. If you try open the photo app it wl close right away.I fixed it by creating a new profile but it will go back eventually. What to do?...
  5. start menu and searchbar is frozen

start menu and searchbar is frozen: I'm having issue when I use that start button it won't work, same thing with the search bar. If you try open the photo app it wl close right away.I fixed it by creating a new profile but it will go back eventually. What to do?...
  6. start menu and searchbar is frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10 settings, searchbar, start menu, taskbar, windows key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 settings, searchbar, start menu, taskbar, windows key not working: Hi community,I just started using my home desktop after about 2 days out of town, and I'm encountering some serious issues getting any sort of basic functionality on the system. Similar to...
  8. Windows 10 settings, searchbar, start menu, taskbar, windows key not working

Windows 10 settings, searchbar, start menu, taskbar, windows key not working: Hi community,I just started using my home desktop after about 2 days out of town, and I'm encountering some serious issues getting any sort of basic functionality on the system. Similar to...
  9. start menu searchbar spazes out and doesnt work

in Cortana
    start menu searchbar spazes out and doesnt work: last night my system kept waking up after i put it to sleep it did it twice thwn i shut it down. after i relaunched my pc a few hours later a lot of issues started to happen, first off my itunes and razer software corrupted because of some side by side issue, then my search...
  10. Start menu, and taskbar not working in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu, and taskbar not working in windows 10.: Hi all I have a an Asus desktop PC running windows 10, my son was playing minecraft last night and said that firefox came up wityh an error message, and then the start menu and taskbar stopped working, also all of the icons have gone from the task bar and stardock fences...