Windows 10: Windows 10 settings window grayed out

Discus and support Windows 10 settings window grayed out in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Beginning of the issue was that my spotlight image doesn't change so I follow the steps from the link... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by marip naw naw, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Windows 10 settings window grayed out

Beginning of the issue was that my spotlight image doesn't change so I follow the steps from the link

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...t-change/443cc26c-29f1-4481-80c9-6fb7130f6191

After follow through steps 1 through 15 I realized that the settings window is greyed out.

I can still do everything in the settings and it just bothering me that the way it looks now.

I have attach the screenshot of how it looks

I have also run Admin CMD> sfc /scannow then > Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Windows 10 settings window grayed out 901c5343-66dc-4f71-99b5-7609534476d3?upload=true.png Windows 10 settings window grayed out 82741e9b-b8f3-4e9f-98eb-83affe26aef7?upload=true.png

:)

marip naw naw, Sep 24, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 settings window grayed out

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 settings window grayed out

1. Windows 10 settings window grayed out - Similar Threads - settings window grayed

2. Security settings in grayed out. Why ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security settings in grayed out. Why ?: Hello. Could you help me explain why the memory integrity and firmware protection options are grayed out and the text message in red saying that these settings are handled by the system administrator. Is there any way to change this? Thank you very much in advance for your...
  3. Nightlight settings are grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nightlight settings are grayed out: My Nightlight is greyed out. The video driver is up to date. So I've tried this instruction. And I've found out that there are no such keys in this folder. What should I do next? Can I create these keys somehow and delete them thereafter? Please help, my eyes are in real pain...
  4. Sync your settings Grayed out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sync your settings Grayed out: The Icon for turning your Sync settings is Grayed out in the off position will not turn on Please Advise how to correct this. Laptop with news Win 10 download....
  5. Windows 10 IRQ settings at sources tab grayed out

Windows 10 IRQ settings at sources tab grayed out: Hello all I'm a bit of a noobie when it comes to this, but I wanna change the slot of a device concerning the IRQ's. However, the options of the settings at the sources tab are grayed out. I use windows 10, and can't find anything on the interwebs about this issue. It...
  6. Windows Defender settings are grayed out

Windows Defender settings are grayed out: hello, my laptop running windows 10 home 1903 has some windows defender setting greyed out with the message "this setting is managed by your administrator," I'm the only user and have Malwarebytes installed for scanning. everything I've tried hasn't worked. it's really...
  7. Grayed Out Settings In Windows 10 Start Menu

Grayed Out Settings In Windows 10 Start Menu: Hi, I am using Windows 10 education 1809 but i have faced a problem as all settings that suggest something are grayed out such as (Show suggestions occasionally in Start)(Show me suggested contact in the Settings app)(show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and...
  8. Windows 10 unable to gray out proxy settings

Windows 10 unable to gray out proxy settings: Not sure - but my code work a while back with no problems. It seems after a while MS changes something and I am unable to lock down the proxy like before. Anyways, I need to be able to gray out the proxy settings for both limit and administrator accounts. In the registry I...
  9. Windows Updates - Advanced Settings - Grayed Out

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Updates - Advanced Settings - Grayed Out: Hi friends, I have an ASUS laptop that had windows 8 home edition. I did the anniversary upgrade to windows 10. Ever since, the windows updates advanced settings is grayed out. Meaning that I cannot set the time when the computer should restart after applying windows...
  10. Windows 10: Some privacy settings grayed out

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10: Some privacy settings grayed out: Hi guys, I've been using Windows 10 for a few weeks now and I was looking to get Cortana to work. However, Cortana tells me that I need to allow it to access contacts. I clicked settings and I saw that all the settings were on, but were grayed out. [img] When I take a...