Windows 10: WINDOWS 10 SETTINGS WON'T STAY OPEN

Discus and support WINDOWS 10 SETTINGS WON'T STAY OPEN in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Good morning - my Windows 10 on my desktop PC opens momentarily & then disappears from the screen so quickly that I can't use it, nor can I check for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GeoffWalker999, Mar 6, 2021.

1. WINDOWS 10 SETTINGS WON'T STAY OPEN

Good morning - my Windows 10 on my desktop PC opens momentarily & then disappears from the screen so quickly that I can't use it, nor can I check for updates.

Can anyone help me, please?

Thanks,

Geoff Walker

:)

GeoffWalker999, Mar 6, 2021

2. Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

In Settings in Store I set "Update apps automatically" to Off.

When I go back in again it`s set back to On. Why won`t it stay switched Off?

How do I get this stupid **** to DO WHAT I TELL IT and SWITCH OFF?

What`s the point of having a Setting that you can`t Set?

H. G. (En), Mar 6, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 6, 2021
  4. WINDOWS 10 SETTINGS WON'T STAY OPEN

Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

WINDOWS 10 SETTINGS WON'T STAY OPEN

1. WINDOWS 10 SETTINGS WON'T STAY OPEN - Similar Threads - SETTINGS WON'T STAY

2. settings wont stay open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    settings wont stay open: Just got a new pc. And when I try to update it, update screen pops up and the goes away. How Can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-wont-stay-open/ca246a0b-503f-4e45-90f1-c3af32a25a3c
  3. settings wont stay open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    settings wont stay open: Just got a new pc. And when I try to update it, update screen pops up and the goes away. How Can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-wont-stay-open/ca246a0b-503f-4e45-90f1-c3af32a25a3c
  4. Audio/Microphone settings won't stay set

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio/Microphone settings won't stay set: My sound and microphone settings will not stay set up and seem to reconfigure randomly.I got a new computer and Windows about a month ago. I set it up so that both my speakers and my headset are always active so that if I was using my headset I just turned my speakers off on...
  5. Settings won't open in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings won't open in windows 10: From the last few days, the system setting won't open. And from last night even WhatsApp application doesn't even open. When I double click setting and whatsapp, it doesn't make any changes it remains the same as before double click. Please provide a solution for this, it...
  6. "Settings" window won't stay open

in Windows 10 Support
    "Settings" window won't stay open: The "Settings" window will only stay open for a few seconds - then closes before I can access anything. Help? 161542
  7. bluetooth setting won't stay on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth setting won't stay on: i'm trying to use bluetooth on my pc, and whenever I turn the bluetooth slider to "on" and close the settings tab, it immediately turns off. why is it being stubborn?...
  8. HDR setting in Windows 10 won't stay enabled

HDR setting in Windows 10 won't stay enabled: Resolved... Monitor/tv was set to 59 Hz and not working....set to 60 Hz working fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-setting-in-windows-10-wont-stay-enabled/e1442994-f5dc-49e5-a2a7-9f1929cb2e56
  9. windows settings app won't stay open

windows settings app won't stay open: hi, my windows 10 settings app won't open. Or my specifically, opens momentarily before closing on its own. I hear there is a program fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-settings-app-wont-stay-open/03f2e9b0-43fd-4af6-bb03-5e26fa4028e8
  10. Windows 10 Home : Settings will not stay open

Windows 10 Home : Settings will not stay open: I can't get Settings to stay open on Windows 10. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-settings-will-not-stay-open/249ae5fe-a44e-4cdd-8273-92db7d42c024