Windows 10: Windows 10 settings

Discus and support Windows 10 settings in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 on a Lenovo Idea Centre A10 520241CB, purchased 13 months ago. If I put the computer to sleep using Windows Key, Power and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PhredFL, Apr 13, 2020.

1. PhredFL Win User

Windows 10 settings

I am running Windows 10 on a Lenovo Idea Centre A10 520241CB, purchased 13 months ago.

If I put the computer to sleep using Windows Key, Power and Sleep it will go to sleep OK. and remain that way.

If I go away from the computer for some time it just stays in the condition I left it.

I have the settings set that the screen should switch off after 5 minutes and the computer should sleep after 15. As stated, neither takes place.

I have followed various recommendations from the internet, none of which work.

Can you help me?

:)

PhredFL, Apr 13, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

Windows 10 settings

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 settings

1. Windows 10 settings - Similar Threads - settings

2. Windows 11 - Notifications settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Notifications settings: Hi Microsoft,We are having an issue accessing the notifications settings on our Windows 11 laptops, could you please advise?Thanks,Nathan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-notifications-settings/5ed9c9f7-9087-40c7-a1e4-04b5826c01ba
  3. Windows 11 - Notifications settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Notifications settings: Hi Microsoft,We are having an issue accessing the notifications settings on our Windows 11 laptops, could you please advise?Thanks,Nathan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-notifications-settings/5ed9c9f7-9087-40c7-a1e4-04b5826c01ba
  4. why does my computer turn to sleep when screensaver and other settings are off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my computer turn to sleep when screensaver and other settings are off: my computer keeps going to sleep even though nothing tells it to. i think i know the cause, and it is the screensaver, when i activate it with a timer for 99 minutes it no longer turns off after a short time which is ok, but i do not want a time limit, so when i turn it off...
  5. why does my computer turn to sleep when screensaver and other settings are off

why does my computer turn to sleep when screensaver and other settings are off: my computer keeps going to sleep even though nothing tells it to. i think i know the cause, and it is the screensaver, when i activate it with a timer for 99 minutes it no longer turns off after a short time which is ok, but i do not want a time limit, so when i turn it off...
  6. I changed my system config boot settings and now my PIN won't load I the setup from work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed my system config boot settings and now my PIN won't load I the setup from work.: I was having issues with a game and I wasnt sure how to boot my computer in safe mode first to check and ended up changing the setup from Normal to either diagnostic or selective startup I think selective but it mightve been both if thats possible.Ive tried holding shift on...
  7. I changed my system config boot settings and now my PIN won't load I the setup from work.

I changed my system config boot settings and now my PIN won't load I the setup from work.: I was having issues with a game and I wasnt sure how to boot my computer in safe mode first to check and ended up changing the setup from Normal to either diagnostic or selective startup I think selective but it mightve been both if thats possible.Ive tried holding shift on...
  8. When Exchanging two external USB drives that have been set to X: Windows changes them back...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When Exchanging two external USB drives that have been set to X: Windows changes them back...: When Exchanging two external USB drives that have been set to X: Windows 10 changes them back to I: Other USB devices that are not removed have taking up the previous letters. OK so to clarify and BTW I did search this for a current answer but nada, so....My client has two...
  9. When Exchanging two external USB drives that have been set to X: Windows changes them back...

When Exchanging two external USB drives that have been set to X: Windows changes them back...: When Exchanging two external USB drives that have been set to X: Windows 10 changes them back to I: Other USB devices that are not removed have taking up the previous letters. OK so to clarify and BTW I did search this for a current answer but nada, so....My client has two...
  10. When Exchanging two external USB drives that have been set to X: Windows changes them back...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware