Windows 10: Windows 10 Setup - Antivirus

Discus and support Windows 10 Setup - Antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there, I've just setup a new laptop on Windows 10...it has McAfee pre-installed on the machine, but I currently have an active subscription to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ChrisFelton, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Setup - Antivirus

Hi there, I've just setup a new laptop on Windows 10...it has McAfee pre-installed on the machine, but I currently have an active subscription to Norton, which I've always been happy with and based on research I'm still swaying towards in terms of which I prefer.

Basically I'm after some advice in terms of whether it's a good idea/advisable to remove McAfee and install Norton, or simply leave McAfee on there. I'm equally not as keen for the first thing I do on a new laptop to be running the software removal tool...and on that note, I see conflicting advice from a simple 'uninstall' program sufficing, to needing to run the full McAfee removal tool...to needing to do both in Safe Mode? I've also seen enough people on forums who've apparently had problems doing this too. The last thing I want to do on a new machine is encounter an issue with the registry or have any files lagging/left behind from an unsuccessful removal.

I guess I'm just after some thought from users as to what you would do - would you simply activate McAfee? Which I am open to, I believe it's mostly on par with Norton...or should I go ahead, remove and install Norton?

Just after some peace of mind on the whole thing as I'm keen to get this new laptop up and running fully asap!

Thanks in advance!

:)

ChrisFelton, Jan 14, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Setup - Antivirus

lorraine walsh, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Setup - Antivirus

1. Windows 10 Setup - Antivirus - Similar Threads - Setup Antivirus

2. Setup Was Unable To Create the Directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setup Was Unable To Create the Directory: Hi, dear Customer Support,I've been facing a problem for the last 2 days while trying to install my software " Gemvision Matrix". As I'm running the installation program it says, " Setup was unable to create the directory," and the address is,"C:\Users\Corei9\OneDrive\??".It...
  3. Setup Was Unable To Create the Directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setup Was Unable To Create the Directory: Hi, dear Customer Support,I've been facing a problem for the last 2 days while trying to install my software " Gemvision Matrix". As I'm running the installation program it says, " Setup was unable to create the directory," and the address is,"C:\Users\Corei9\OneDrive\??".It...
  4. Windows Developer Preview Not Booting to Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Developer Preview Not Booting to Setup: HI I was installing Windows developer Preview In VMware workstation 17 Pro And while i was booting through the first setup process Within ISO File that i downloaded from archive.org there was black screen Error saying that Please Restart your PC with error code: 0x000001E. I...
  5. Windows Developer Preview Not Booting to Setup

Windows Developer Preview Not Booting to Setup: HI I was installing Windows developer Preview In VMware workstation 17 Pro And while i was booting through the first setup process Within ISO File that i downloaded from archive.org there was black screen Error saying that Please Restart your PC with error code: 0x000001E. I...
  6. Account Setup Issues

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Account Setup Issues: So essentially, I'm trying to add a new user to an old pc--said user is myself, this is a desktop I've received from someone else. As we know, when adding users to a pc, it attempts to connect via their outlook account. Once I try to actually swap over to this account, it...
  7. Account Setup Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Setup Issues: So essentially, I'm trying to add a new user to an old pc--said user is myself, this is a desktop I've received from someone else. As we know, when adding users to a pc, it attempts to connect via their outlook account. Once I try to actually swap over to this account, it...
  8. Account Setup Issues

9. Renamer by EatMe new SETUP has a false detection with various names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renamer by EatMe new SETUP has a false detection with various names: Windows Defender finds several random named false infections on my Setup of my programmed software Renamer by EatMe. Program info page: http://eatme.pro/about-renamer direct download false infection http://eatme.pro/download/renamer-win10 .zip with SETUP that is detected...
  10. My setup project keeps getting blocked by the antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My setup project keeps getting blocked by the antivirus: Hello, i'm working on a videogame and right now im trying to implement a simple setup installer, so that it can deliver everything where it needs to also i need to touch 2 registry keys to use them with a launcher/updater i implemented, but every time i send a new installer...