Windows 10: Windows 10 setup can't find SSD

Discus and support Windows 10 setup can't find SSD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am going trough windows 10 setup on new acer laptop without os. In part where you choose where windows 10 will be installed doesn't show SSD. Also I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zxasassa, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Windows 10 setup can't find SSD

I am going trough windows 10 setup on new acer laptop without os. In part where you choose where windows 10 will be installed doesn't show SSD. Also I check diskpart and list disk and doesn't show it. It give me message "We couldn't find any drives. To get storage driver, click Load driver". Bios is set to UEFI.

Where can I find drives and for what?

Laptop info:

Name: Acer Aspire 5

CPU: intel i3-1115g4

Storage: SSD 256gb NVMe

submitted by /u/zxasassa
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zxasassa, Jan 23, 2021

2. Win 10 clean install question

This is what I would do:
    • Shrink the hard drive partition until it's small enough to fit on the SSD.
    • Clone the Windows 8.1 setup to the SSD.
    • Boot off the SSD and make sure that Windows 8.1 is happy (i.e., no complaints about activation).
    • Upgrade to Windows 10 on the SSD.
    This way, you know that Windows 8.1 has a valid setup on the SSD before doing anything else. Plus, the Windows 10 upgrade will be processed much faster on the SSD. Finally, you still have the hard drive setup to fall back to if anything goes wrong.

Static~Charge, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 23, 2021
  4. jmcslob Win User

Windows 10 setup can't find SSD

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Windows 10 setup can't find SSD :cool:

jmcslob, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 setup can't find SSD

1. Windows 10 setup can't find SSD - Similar Threads - setup can't find

2. Can't enter birthdate in Windows 10 setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't enter birthdate in Windows 10 setup: Am doing initial setup of Windows 10 on new laptop. Hit the part about setting up a Microsoft account. But when I try to enter my birthdate it won't let me enter it, no matter if I try to type it in manually or if I try to select the date from the dropdown menu. Thus I can't...
  3. Storage setup with a SSD and HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage setup with a SSD and HDD: Hi I have just purchased an HP Pavillion Desktop with a 256GB SSD and 2TB HDD, I have initialised windows, choosing to use OneDrive for backup and storage I have 1TB cloud storage with 365 and also updated windows and drivers. I have not transferred any data from my old pc...
  4. Setup is unable to find _SETUP.DLL, but it's in the setup folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setup is unable to find _SETUP.DLL, but it's in the setup folder: I am trying to install an old game onto my laptop, but I keep getting an error message that reads "Setup is unable to find _SETUP.DLL, which is needed to complete the installation." I checked the setup folder and _setup.dll is listed there. Does anyone have any suggestions?...
  5. Windows 10 can't find its own bootloader in dual-boot setup

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 can't find its own bootloader in dual-boot setup: Hello, so I have a pretty weird issue with my Manjaro Linux and Windows dual boot setup. I had a perfectly working setup on my 1TB SSD, where both Linux and Windows occupied half of the drive, UEFI was set to boot to Windows, but Windows bootloader was set to GRUB by bcdedit...
  6. Can't boot system from SSD - can't find winload.efi file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't boot system from SSD - can't find winload.efi file: Hello! I wanted to upgrade my Sony VAIO with Windows 10 from the original 750 Gb HDD to a new 1 Tb SSD (SanDisk Ultra). I downloaded Macrium Reflect to clone my HDD to the SSD and after doing the cloning, I installed the SSD in my computer and turned it on, but the system...
  7. Can't setup windows hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't setup windows hello: My laptop has a fingerprint scanner and i was using it to sign in my local account. I accidentally removed my fingerprint and now when i press on set up a small grey window of windows hello pops up for for few seconds and closes on its own. I know my hardware is working...
  8. Can't find setup wizard

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can't find setup wizard: I can't find this (see attachment). [img] Don Cole 101718
  9. SSD Setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD Setup: Got my Samsung Pro 256 installed and all software loader OK. Not seeing a lot of difference over HDD yet,In Samsung Magician its says to use AHCI mode,if I set bios to that it will not boot.Is this a must for top performance? Can't get rapid mode set either. Is this Benchmark...
  10. Wondering about SSD setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wondering about SSD setup: Hello everyone, I installed Windows 10 and was wondering from the past about all those "optimizations" for SSD's. Seems to me that in Windows 7 there were a lot like shutting off indexing, prefetch and super, but many more. Then in Windows 8.1 the list of things to...