Windows 10: Windows 10 setup can't find SSD

Discus and support Windows 10 setup can't find SSD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am going trough windows 10 setup on new acer laptop without os. In part where you choose where windows 10 will be installed doesn't show SSD. Also I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zxasassa, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Windows 10 setup can't find SSD

I am going trough windows 10 setup on new acer laptop without os. In part where you choose where windows 10 will be installed doesn't show SSD. Also I check diskpart and list disk and doesn't show it. It give me message "We couldn't find any drives. To get storage driver, click Load driver". Bios is set to UEFI.

Where can I find drives and for what?

Laptop info:

Name: Acer Aspire 5

CPU: intel i3-1115g4

Storage: SSD 256gb NVMe

submitted by /u/zxasassa
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zxasassa, Jan 23, 2021

2. Win 10 clean install question

This is what I would do:
    • Shrink the hard drive partition until it's small enough to fit on the SSD.
    • Clone the Windows 8.1 setup to the SSD.
    • Boot off the SSD and make sure that Windows 8.1 is happy (i.e., no complaints about activation).
    • Upgrade to Windows 10 on the SSD.
    This way, you know that Windows 8.1 has a valid setup on the SSD before doing anything else. Plus, the Windows 10 upgrade will be processed much faster on the SSD. Finally, you still have the hard drive setup to fall back to if anything goes wrong.

Static~Charge, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 23, 2021
  4. jmcslob Win User

Windows 10 setup can't find SSD

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Windows 10 setup can't find SSD :cool:

jmcslob, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 setup can't find SSD

1. Windows 10 setup can't find SSD - Similar Threads - setup can't find

2. Windows 11 setup can't find drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 setup can't find drivers: Whilst attempting to install Windows 11 onto my laptop I am getting a message saying "We couldn't find any drives. To get a storage driver, click Load driver.". I am using an AMD Ryzen 7 4800H CPU and my model of laptop is Asus Rog Strix G513IM. The storage device is a...
  3. Windows 11 setup can't find drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 setup can't find drivers: Whilst attempting to install Windows 11 onto my laptop I am getting a message saying "We couldn't find any drives. To get a storage driver, click Load driver.". I am using an AMD Ryzen 7 4800H CPU and my model of laptop is Asus Rog Strix G513IM. The storage device is a...
  4. Windows 11 setup can't find drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 setup can't find drives: Whilst attempting to install Windows 11 onto my new PC I am getting a message saying "We couldn't find any drives. To get a storage driver, click Load driver.". I am using an AMD Ryzen 5 5600x CPU with an ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING WIFI II motherboard. The storage device is...
  5. Windows 11 setup can't find drives

Windows 11 setup can't find drives: Whilst attempting to install Windows 11 onto my new PC I am getting a message saying "We couldn't find any drives. To get a storage driver, click Load driver.". I am using an AMD Ryzen 5 5600x CPU with an ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING WIFI II motherboard. The storage device is...
  6. Can't find my SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find my SSD: Every time i want to use my Portable SSD T7 Touch from Samsung it pops up when it is still locked. But as soon as I've unlocked the SSD it disappears. So I basically can't use any of the documents on it nor can i place something on it. When I look for my devices it shows but...
  7. Can't find my SSD

Can't find my SSD: Every time i want to use my Portable SSD T7 Touch from Samsung it pops up when it is still locked. But as soon as I've unlocked the SSD it disappears. So I basically can't use any of the documents on it nor can i place something on it. When I look for my devices it shows but...
  8. Can't find my SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Can't find setup wizard

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can't find setup wizard: I can't find this (see attachment). [img] Don Cole 101718
  10. SSD Setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD Setup: Got my Samsung Pro 256 installed and all software loader OK. Not seeing a lot of difference over HDD yet,In Samsung Magician its says to use AHCI mode,if I set bios to that it will not boot.Is this a must for top performance? Can't get rapid mode set either. Is this Benchmark...