Windows 10: Windows 10 setup: Enter your country and birthdate does not work

Discus and support Windows 10 setup: Enter your country and birthdate does not work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Brand new Lenovo L340 laptop. Setting up Windows 10. Hit the part about setting up a Microsoft account. But selecting my birthdate does not fill in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PaulMerrell, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Windows 10 setup: Enter your country and birthdate does not work

Brand new Lenovo L340 laptop. Setting up Windows 10. Hit the part about setting up a Microsoft account. But selecting my birthdate does not fill in the fields and can't type them manually. Any help appreciated.

:)

PaulMerrell, Oct 30, 2019
  2. Attrition Win User

Changing a Microsoft account from an (incorrectly entered) adult birthdate to the correct child's birthdate

The links provided in the above response pertain to an account which is already setup as a child. That is not my situation.

My issue is going from an ADULT account to a CHILD account. Currently, the account is setup (incorrectly) as an adult account. I would like to update the birthdate to reflect that this is a child account.

This is an easy scenario to test:

• Setup a new Microsoft account with a birthdate that makes you an adult.
    • Log off and then log back in
    • Go to your profile and attempt to change the birth date to make you a child.
    • The system will prevent you from making this change.
    Any suggestions?

Attrition, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Attrition Win User
    Changing a Microsoft account from an (incorrectly entered) adult birthdate to the correct child's birthdate

My son setup his Microsoft account and entered a birthdate which set him up as an adult. We are now attempting to enter the correct birthdate and are unable to do so. We are on the account.live.com website and editing the Personal Info. The exact message
    when attempting to make the change is "Your birthdate indicates that you're a child. Please reenter your birthdate."

Please advise.

Attrition, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Windows 10 setup: Enter your country and birthdate does not work

Error while changing my son's birthdate to be a child account: "Your birthdate cannot be updated at this time"

My son's account was set up as a standard Microsoft adult account. When I try to change his birthdate to be a child, I get this error:

Your birthdate cannot be updated at this time.

• He is already listed as in my family and shows in my Family list as an adult
    • I am not allowed to manage his account from my own account (because he's listed as an adult)
    • I have his login
    • While logged into his account, I am given the option to change his birthdate, but it doesn't work.
    • When I try to change the birthdate from within his account, I am given a prompt that I will be charged $0.50 to change his account into a child account.
    • I agree to the $0.50 charge.
    • Instead of updating his birthdate or asking for CC info, I get that error: Your birthdate cannot be updated at this time.
    • If I change his country to Canada, I can update the birthdate, but the account still isn't a child account (which is my entire goal)
    • If I try to change his country back to USA while keeping the correct birthdate, I get that same error above saying the birthdate cannot be updated at this time (even though I'm changing the country; not the birthdate).

Please help. I just want my son's account listed as a child account so I can manage his account and content restrictions. I have three children in my Family account. Two of which are showing as adults but are children.

How do I update my child's birthdate to convert his standard account into a child account?

Do not steal me, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 setup: Enter your country and birthdate does not work

1. Windows 10 setup: Enter your country and birthdate does not work - Similar Threads - setup Enter country

2. Store is not available in your country or region

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store is not available in your country or region: When i go into the windows store it says store is not available in your country or region i have searched it up and everyone says the same thing reset the store, clear cache, change your region settings, and deleting and reinstalling it. My region is set to United States so i...
  3. Store is not available in your country or region

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Store is not available in your country or region: When i go into the windows store it says store is not available in your country or region i have searched it up and everyone says the same thing reset the store, clear cache, change your region settings, and deleting and reinstalling it. My region is set to United States so i...
  4. Store is not available in your country or region

Store is not available in your country or region: After resetting my pc my Microsoft Store got region-locked and now doesn't work. Whenever I try to open the app it greets me with "Store is not available in your country or region" but I've never had this issue before. Error: 0x87e10002Thank you!...
  5. "Store is not available in your country or region"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Store is not available in your country or region": its been happening for a long time now but whenever I enter in the microsoft store, the text says "Store is not available in your country or region". Is there anyway to fix this? I would be happy if there is. :...
  6. "Store is not available in your country or region"

"Store is not available in your country or region": its been happening for a long time now but whenever I enter in the microsoft store, the text says "Store is not available in your country or region". Is there anyway to fix this? I would be happy if there is. :...
  7. Birthdate entered wrong on Set-up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Birthdate entered wrong on Set-up: Setting up a new computer for a friend. After entering logon it asked for birthdate. Got it wrong; if its that important, why doesn't screen ask to verification? The person is reported as 12 years old and not as 64. Every dialog I have been to allows me to change date but...
  8. Setup for your phone app not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setup for your phone app not working: I've been trying to get it to work for awhile now and my phone gets stuck at the check your pc part. I check my pc and it says were almost done and has me hit resend notification. Then it just loads for awhile and asks me to resend it again. I've tried resetting it and...
  9. Can't enter birthdate in Windows 10 setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't enter birthdate in Windows 10 setup: Am doing initial setup of Windows 10 on new laptop. Hit the part about setting up a Microsoft account. But when I try to enter my birthdate it won't let me enter it, no matter if I try to type it in manually or if I try to select the date from the dropdown menu. Thus I can't...
  10. on initial setup of new win 10 computer, setup will not allow birthdate data entry

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    on initial setup of new win 10 computer, setup will not allow birthdate data entry: hung at birth date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-initial-setup-of-new-win-10-computer-setup-will/b1c7b4d1-d89e-440a-bc71-20f75f0f9d36

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 Enter your country and birthdate cannot enter birthdate

2. windows 10 stuck birthdate

3. windows setup birthdate

4. cannot enter date of birth windows 10 setup,
  5. Windows 10 setup birthdate,
  6. stuck on date of birth setup on windows 10,
  7. windows 10 setup enter your country and date of.birthr,
  8. microsoft xountry and birtdate,
  9. windows 10 enter country and birthdate