Windows 10: Windows 10 setup fail

Discus and support Windows 10 setup fail in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello For the last year/months I've been trying to update Windows 10 in the end I contacted Microsoft for technical support help but every time the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BeverleyParchment-Bennett, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Windows 10 setup fail

Hello

For the last year/months I've been trying to update Windows 10 in the end I contacted Microsoft for technical support help but every time the Windows 10 update fails either I can't get to complete the CUSTOM installation or I give control to the technical staff they do it there end leave me with the program running I just need to wait and click run but it always happens like that and either won't do it or fails or even better reverts back to Windows 10 1503 can anyone help I feel like smashing my PC up

:)

BeverleyParchment-Bennett, Nov 28, 2018

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Windows 10 setup fail

FAILED 18 Times - Windows 10 Upgrade

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As per description, you are unable to upgrade to Window 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps from the article created by Andre Da Costa and follow the steps from the link given below and check.

Refer:

How to: A list of things to do if Windows 10 Setup fails.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 setup fail

1. Windows 10 setup fail - Similar Threads - setup fail

2. Setup Wizard fails to find disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setup Wizard fails to find disc: Running the setup.exe for an app doesn't install it, the installation ends prematurely.It comes up with a popup saying "Invalid disk F:", for context my computer has 2 discs at the moment and they're "E" and "Z".There used to be an "F" but had to wipe a disc, the "F" wasn't...
  3. Setup Wizard fails to find disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setup Wizard fails to find disc: Running the setup.exe for an app doesn't install it, the installation ends prematurely.It comes up with a popup saying "Invalid disk F:", for context my computer has 2 discs at the moment and they're "E" and "Z".There used to be an "F" but had to wipe a disc, the "F" wasn't...
  4. Setup Wizard fails to find disc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft Windows Desktop Runtime - Setup Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Windows Desktop Runtime - Setup Failed: Hi there!I've tried installing the Microsoft Windows Desktop Runtime 7.0.14, but as soon as I start the installation, it says "setup failed" and spits out the code "0x80070570 - The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable."Following this error, I checked my system SSD...
  6. Microsoft Windows Desktop Runtime - Setup Failed

Microsoft Windows Desktop Runtime - Setup Failed: Hi there!I've tried installing the Microsoft Windows Desktop Runtime 7.0.14, but as soon as I start the installation, it says "setup failed" and spits out the code "0x80070570 - The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable."Following this error, I checked my system SSD...
  7. Device Setup Manager Metadata staging failed Event ID 131

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Setup Manager Metadata staging failed Event ID 131: I did KB 890830, KB5032339, KB5032189 and KB4023057 today and on reboot after updating I started getting many of the event id 131 Device Setup Manager Metadata staging failed. I would get the code 131 when plugging in my backup USB external. Even when using USB thumb drive-...
  8. Device Setup Manager Metadata staging failed Event ID 131

Device Setup Manager Metadata staging failed Event ID 131: I did KB 890830, KB5032339, KB5032189 and KB4023057 today and on reboot after updating I started getting many of the event id 131 Device Setup Manager Metadata staging failed. I would get the code 131 when plugging in my backup USB external. Even when using USB thumb drive-...
  9. Device Setup Manager Metadata staging failed Event ID 131

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Face Recognition failed to setup

Face Recognition failed to setup: Hello guys,I need help to solve my face recognition issue, few days ago I was updated my windows and my face recognition was suddenly no function as before. I have tried to set up face recognition but when i key my pin it didnt happened anything at all, there was no camera...