Windows 10: Windows 10 setup from recovery option problem

Discus and support Windows 10 setup from recovery option problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop windows 10 was not running well, I decided to re-install from recovery option and selected 'Remove Everything'. There was not any 'Cloud... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Noksha, May 10, 2020.

1. Noksha Win User

Windows 10 setup from recovery option problem

My laptop windows 10 was not running well, I decided to re-install from recovery option and selected 'Remove Everything'. There was not any 'Cloud Download' option though I had broadband internet connection. It took saveral hours to just got 30% in a black screen with Windows logo on it. At about 56% I remove the internet wire to move the laptop elsewhere. The progress was still running, I went to sleep and this morning I have found the laptop turned off. I turn it on and it tells me to get a network for next step. I have connected internet wire, get the small blue screen to set up region, keyboard layout, account and in final step it stuck on just a moment screen for another several hours. Surfing to microsoft support page I have found hard restart option. Several restarts lead me two different ways. 1 scanning and repairing d drive, which also stuck on 100%. 2 Diagnosing, no advance troubleshoot option, downloading some files for repairing d drive, now it goes back and forth to full screen just a moment page and scanning and repairing d drive. Can anyone please give me solution to complete the installation. Flash drive or CD burn option is not suitable for me. I have only a wired internet connection.

:)

Noksha, May 10, 2020
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 recovery options ?.

When the password is wrong and the pin number is wrong is there a way recover the data or even the OS ?.

The extra added issue to this is that the systems running UEFI so no inputs working on boot, so how do you get in to the recovery options.

Could it be as simple as plugging in a USB drive with windows 10 on it and hoping it boots up off it ?. It's the only option not tried as yet as the owner of the system as just got out of hospital wanted to try passwords and pins which seemed to fail every time even though he\she is pretty sure are right.

I am thinking that's the way to go is there any other ways to gain access other than taking the drive out of the system. Data on the system is important too.

AsRock, May 10, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, May 10, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 setup from recovery option problem - Similar Threads - setup recovery option

2. windows 10 setup problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 setup problem: No caption https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-setup-problem/a2e4db54-24f0-4e41-9e62-79a68468055d
  3. windows 10 setup problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 setup problem: No caption https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-setup-problem/a2e4db54-24f0-4e41-9e62-79a68468055d
  4. windows 10 setup problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recovery options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery options in Windows 10: I have some entries in the menu when I go to System Recovery>Use a Device. There is an entry for Ubuntu, which I've installed Ubuntu on this PC before; and the only way I know to delete the partitions is to delete them in computer management so I'm thinking maybe the entry...
  6. Recovery options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery options in Windows 10: I have some entries in the menu when I go to System Recovery>Use a Device. There is an entry for Ubuntu, which I've installed Ubuntu on this PC before; and the only way I know to delete the partitions is to delete them in computer management so I'm thinking maybe the entry...
  7. Recovery options in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Windows 10 setup error - "There was a problem starting Setup."

Windows 10 setup error - "There was a problem starting Setup.": I have seen this error thread several times over the past few years, and all the other threads are now locked. Well, it is almost June 2019, and I just got the "Windows 10 setup error - There was a problem starting Setup..." error. All the other threads say to delete the...
  9. Recovery Problem-Can't Setup Windows

Recovery Problem-Can't Setup Windows: D**n, I will tell you the full story. My PC -Accidentally- after booting (W10Logo) show a problem message (actually two), I take a shot of them and will put them here in this post. To bypass this message I press Enter and the W10Logo appears for half second and message pop...
  10. Windows Setup Option

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Setup Option: When logging on to Windows 10 one of the early screens gives a timed option to select either Windows 10 or Windows Setup. The second option takes you to Windows Boot Manager. Could someone please tell me if this option screen is a fixed feature of Windows 10 and, if it is,...