Windows 10: Windows 10 Setup not allowing me to sign in with Microsoft Account

Discus and support Windows 10 Setup not allowing me to sign in with Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to set up Windows 10 on my new SSD with help on the Media Creation Tool, I had actually done that before but it was not letting me sign in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Borntechie.Junior, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Setup not allowing me to sign in with Microsoft Account

I am trying to set up Windows 10 on my new SSD with help on the Media Creation Tool, I had actually done that before but it was not letting me sign in to my Microsoft Account, and it did not let me sign in at all when I had installed it in the first time. It used to open up and then crash, but that’s another story.

Right now, I performed a clean install of Windows 10, to try signing in into my Microsoft Account and I tried installing it both locally and from the Windows Media Creation Tool, but I get this:

In the first pic, it looks like there is something wrong with the website, it isn’t fully loaded yet, and I am using a really fast ethernet connection, so my internet speed should be out of the question. And in the second pic, even after I input my credentials, it still redirects me to make a local account. I tried to click the link to use the online account instead, but it leads me to this loop of inputting my credentials in a not loaded site and pretending as if I have chosen a local account

If I proceed further with making a local account, Windows will not let me log in to Microsoft to use my online account, it shows a gray box, which is supposed to show the page to input my online credentials to login to my account, but it closes after a few seconds. Like I said, that is another problem but they both are linked, and this is why I did a clean reboot to see that this doesn’t happen again, but it still did. This is ridiculous!

I hope someone addresses this annoying issue!

Windows 10 Setup not allowing me to sign in with Microsoft Account [​IMG]Windows 10 Setup not allowing me to sign in with Microsoft Account [​IMG]

:)

Borntechie.Junior, Jul 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 won't allow me to "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead"

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

Before we proceed, I would like you to answer the following question:

• Do you receive any error message when you try to Switch to Microsoft account?

I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1

I Suggest you to start the "Microsoft account sign in assistant" service and check if it helps. If its already started then stop it and restart the service.To do so,follow the steps below:

• Type services in the search bar.
    • Select Microsoft account sign in assistant service.
    • Right click on Microsoft account sign in assistant
      and click stop to stop the service.
    • Right click on Microsoft account sign in assistant
      again and click restart to start the service.

Method 2

I suggest you to create a local admin account and then switch to microsoft account and check if it helps:

Please follow the link below:

Create a local user account in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Follow the steps below to convert a local account to Microsoft Account:

• Press “Windows + I” keys to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Tap or click Switch to a Microsoft account and follow the on screen instructions.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Zakin Win User

Windows 10 Setup not allowing me to sign in with Microsoft Account

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 Setup not allowing me to sign in with Microsoft Account :(

Zakin, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Setup not allowing me to sign in with Microsoft Account

1. Windows 10 Setup not allowing me to sign in with Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Setup allowing sign

2. Outlook 2024 is not allowing me to setup an IMAP account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook 2024 is not allowing me to setup an IMAP account: Pictured above, the setup for an IMAP account within Outlook 2024. The continue button is greyed out and nothing I do will allow me to click this button.The username *** Email address is removed for privacy *** test account with or without domain changes nothing....
  3. Outlook 2024 is not allowing me to setup an IMAP account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 2024 is not allowing me to setup an IMAP account: Pictured above, the setup for an IMAP account within Outlook 2024. The continue button is greyed out and nothing I do will allow me to click this button.The username *** Email address is removed for privacy *** test account with or without domain changes nothing....
  4. Microsoft Account sign-in crashes quits unexpectedly, will not allow me to sign into my...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Account sign-in crashes quits unexpectedly, will not allow me to sign into my...: I’ve been having this problem for a couple days now.When I try to log into my Microsoft account on Windows, the Microsoft Store, the Xbox app, or the Minecraft Launcher, a grey window pops up for a split second, then vanishes. In the Xbox app and Microsoft Store, an...
  5. Microsoft Account sign-in crashes quits unexpectedly, will not allow me to sign into my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account sign-in crashes quits unexpectedly, will not allow me to sign into my...: I’ve been having this problem for a couple days now.When I try to log into my Microsoft account on Windows, the Microsoft Store, the Xbox app, or the Minecraft Launcher, a grey window pops up for a split second, then vanishes. In the Xbox app and Microsoft Store, an...
  6. Microsoft Account sign-in crashes quits unexpectedly, will not allow me to sign into my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows Does not allow me to sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Does not allow me to sign in: Hello, Microsoft community.I have not been able to sign in to my system. I have also tried signing in with safe mode but all to no avail.Even when I try to sign with safe mode It does not allow me to sign in what it does is that it shows sign-in on the page but when i click...
  8. Windows doesnt allow me to sign in with personal account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows doesnt allow me to sign in with personal account.: I recently changed keyboard to a Ten key less, So I no longer have the NUM pad. So I need to change my pin because I used my NUMpad before. But when I try to sign in and change it, It just tells me to sign in with work or organization account. How can I fix this?...
  9. Microsoft account setup/sign in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft account setup/sign in: For some reason every time I attempt to login to a local account I try to create with a Microsoft account it tries to make me create a pin. However after hitting next it always says that something went wrong and will not let me login what so ever to that account. Does anyone...
  10. Windows 10 will not allow me to sign in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 will not allow me to sign in: It's installed on Parallels and does not accept any input, says I've tried too many times. I just logged on, no tries. I don't need this, private computer that no one but me has access too, nothing on the computer anyway. How do I gain access? How do I set it so that it...