Windows 10: Windows 10 setup stuck at Checking for updates: 2%

Discus and support Windows 10 setup stuck at Checking for updates: 2% in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried to reinstall my laptop using Windows 10 Pro ISO, it was a success until it got to check the updates. The setup is stuck at 2% for hours. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Pramudya Yusuf, Mar 4, 2024.

1. Windows 10 setup stuck at Checking for updates: 2%

I tried to reinstall my laptop using Windows 10 Pro ISO, it was a success until it got to check the updates. The setup is stuck at 2% for hours. Any solution please,

:)

Pramudya Yusuf, Mar 4, 2024

2. Windows 10 setup boot loader is stucking

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience that you are currently facing with regards to your update. Listed below are links which you can refer to resolve the issue you are facing. You can follow the suggestions by and check if it helps.

Steps to follow when Windows 10 setup fails:

Redirecting

How to: Troubleshoot common Setup and Stop Errors during Windows 10 Installation

Redirecting

How to: A list of things to do if Windows 10 Setup fails.

Redirecting

Troubleshooting for windows 10:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-troubleshoot-common-setup-and-stop-errors/324d5a5f-d658-456c-bb82-b1201f735683

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 4, 2024
  3. Ankriiii Win User
    Windows 10 setup: hangs on Checking for Updates

Hi! I've done this but I was also redirected to the part where it says "Getting Updates, checking for updates 0%" and there is no progress. Can you help me with this?

Hoping for your suggestions. Thanks a lot!

Ankriiii, Mar 4, 2024
  4. Windows 10 setup stuck at Checking for updates: 2%

Windows 10 November update stuck

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to assist you with the issue you are experiencing with the computer. I understand the difficulty when things won’t work the way they should.

I would suggest you to follow the below methods.

Method: 1

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with
    Windows Update. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your
    Windows Update. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run Windows Update troubleshooter.
    Method: 2

If the troubleshooter didn’t detect any issues, I would suggest you to check if the Windows update service is running. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc”
    • Locate the Windows update service and check if it is running.
    • If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Mar 4, 2024
Thema:

Windows 10 setup stuck at Checking for updates: 2%

1. Windows 10 setup stuck at Checking for updates: 2% - Similar Threads - setup stuck Checking

2. Windows 10 setup stuck at Checking for updates: 2%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 setup stuck at Checking for updates: 2%: I tried to reinstall my laptop using Windows 10 Pro ISO, it was a success until it got to check the updates. The setup is stuck at 2% for hours. Any solution please,...
  3. Windows 10 setup stuck at Checking for updates: 2%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 setup stuck at Checking for updates: 2%: I tried to reinstall my laptop using Windows 10 Pro ISO, it was a success until it got to check the updates. The setup is stuck at 2% for hours. Any solution please,...
  4. DISM stuck in download, windows setup tool “checking for updates” for hours

DISM stuck in download, windows setup tool “checking for updates” for hours: So my pc has been put away for almost a year, I turned it back on now I’m trying to update it but it’s not working the download froze at 7% and the others are “pending” I went on CMD I tried sfc scannow etcGot “found corrupt files but unable to fix some of them” etc etcSo...
  5. windows 10 checking for updates is stuck

windows 10 checking for updates is stuck: when checking for updates the screen has been showing the dots for over 1/2 hr https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-checking-for-updates-is-stuck/ef9c7772-5f41-4c76-a332-190ad56d460b
  6. Windows 10 stuck on checking for updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 stuck on checking for updates: My windows 10 update is stuck on checking for updates. I tried the stopping the service and starting it again, and deleted the files in the Software Distribution folder according to this video and nothing worked. And the trouble shooting tool was stuck on pending for...
  7. Windows 10 Update Stuck at Checking for Updates

Windows 10 Update Stuck at Checking for Updates: Windows Update has been stuck for 2 days. It keeps refreshing forever and shows nothing. I tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter, and it's been "Checking for pending restart" forever. Does anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks! [ATTACH]...
  8. window 10 update is stuck on checking for updates

window 10 update is stuck on checking for updates: I bring up windows 10 update and the computer goes to checking for updates and just keeps checking. I tried troubleshooter for updates but it gets stuck on aalso....
  9. Windows 10 Update stuck on 2% ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update stuck on 2% ?: Hi, Anyone help with this one - how to download latest updates? Yes W10 installed October, last successful update early November. Now when try to install update shows downloading updates at 2% and no movement..been like this for a couple days now. On the Details...
  10. Windows 10 setup: hangs on Checking for Updates

Windows 10 setup: hangs on Checking for Updates: I am currently using windows 7 64-bit. I downloaded windows 10 from the ms site (the automatic icon never appeared on my pc), and am using the media creation tool. All goes fine until 'Getting Updates', when it hangs on 'checking for updates'. I have tried playing...